PDA

View Full Version : Will Johnny Damon reach 3000 hits?

CBedo
08-18-2011, 03:27 AM
I didn't realize he had close to 2700 hits (2690 I think). I think he's 37 years old.

Can he stay in the league a couple more years and get to 3000? What do you guys think?

I enjoyed watching him play in KC when he started out and I was living there.

Canarsie
08-18-2011, 08:08 AM
I didn't realize he had close to 2700 hits (2690 I think). I think he's 37 years old.

Can he stay in the league a couple more years and get to 3000? What do you guys think?

I enjoyed watching him play in KC when he started out and I was living there.

I think he gets it providing his agent doesn't go bonkers asking for way too much money. It also might take a few one year deals with different teams to attain that.

My question is if he gets to the 3,000 exclusive category does he make the HOF? I'm a huge Red Sox fan but at this point my vote would be no.

dartman51
08-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Damon will end this year with roughly 155 hits, based on current BA, and possible AB's left in this season. That is providing he plays every game, and maintains his current AVE. He could conceivably reach 3000 next year, as he would only have to duplicate this season. He's almost 39, so if he stays in the AL as a DH, I think he will most certainly reach 3000 hits. I believe he will get into the HOF. There are currently only 3 retired players, with 3000 hits, that are not in the HOF. Pete Rose, Rafael Palmero and Craig Biggio. We all know why Rose and Palmero are not in, and Biggio is not eligible til 2013. :ThmbUp:

DigitalDownsJoe
08-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I think he will get it, but wont go into the hall..He is too wierd a dude. They dont want a guy doing naked chin ups in the hall LOL I know it should be about baseball but he has never been a marketable guy..I think he is a good ball player, but I cant see him next to some of the greats in there... :rolleyes: