PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland ADW

netbet
08-17-2011, 12:25 PM
http://www.keeneland.com/Lists/News/dispform.aspx?ID=6847

teddy
08-17-2011, 03:34 PM
1% REBATE AT KEENELAND.... CHURCHILL GIVES ITS GOOD PLAYERS BETWEEN 2 TO 7% ON WPS AND 10% AND UP ON EXOTICS. HOW OFTEN DOES THE NEW GUY JUMP IN THE GAME WITH SOME SILLY OFFERS LIKE THIS. DO THEY HAVE ANY CLUE??

mannyberrios
08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
1% REBATE AT KEENELAND.... CHURCHILL GIVES ITS GOOD PLAYERS BETWEEN 2 TO 7% ON WPS AND 10% AND UP ON EXOTICS. HOW OFTEN DOES THE NEW GUY JUMP IN THE GAME WITH SOME SILLY OFFERS LIKE THIS. DO THEY HAVE ANY CLUE??
Yeah, I know what you mean, but that guy at Keeneland is doing alot of good things out there. He does a real good job , doing alot to make racing better.

Track Collector
08-17-2011, 10:34 PM

It may be silly from OUR perspective, but not from Keeneland's perspective. There are still many players out there who are not familiar with rebates and how common and easy it is to obtain decent rates. These folks are probably older rather than younger, and do not like change like learning how to use computers, etc. You will not find them reading and posting on sites like this one, otherwise they would know about the better deals they could get.

We usually bash corporate folks for being out of touch, but it would not surprise me if in this case Keeneland was well aware of their target audience.

I remember my very first encounter with rebates. It was with an off-shore outfit and I was absolutely thrilled with the 3% I was getting on all wagers............until I learned differently. :D

Ray2000
08-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Charging a (in effect) higher price for goods or services to the 'uninformed' should be a violation of consumer protection laws

Canarsie
08-18-2011, 08:00 AM

I'm sure this will be adjusted after they see the initial results. Horseplayers as a whole are cheap when it comes to certain things like a program and rebates. Did they state anything about free programs? It still amazes me that the simulcast program outsells the DRF by at least 12-1 at Monmouth or the Meadowlands.

That would be the first thing I want living here in NJ. Someone on here might mention one race at a track and I have no way to evaluate it without the program. I know it's only $1 and there are ways to find free programs also.

One would just think a good ADW would want to shove something so simple down your throat so the opportunity to wager more gets introduced to the brain cells.

That and an improved video feed would make me jump in a split second if I could. It's really sad in NJ that the free ESPN racing feed is FAR QUICKER than their own. The video is superior also. One would only hope Bailey and Gural fix this mess fast.

keeneland jim
08-19-2011, 05:31 PM
We did give a lot of thought to devising our rewards program for Keeneland Select. Based on our analysis comparing our ADW to other popular ADW sites, everyday players will typically find our one percent return on wagering to be a better deal. We are not—and will never be—in the position to compete with rebate shops. That’s not our goal. With Keeneland Select, our goal is to serve the regular, everyday player and do it well by offering one percent back, free PPs on the tracks you wager, providing exceptional customer service, strong wagering analysis, a good video product and other perks like parking and dining at our live meet. Plus, we also are committed to giving back to the industry by helping boost purses at Keeneland’s live meeting and to players by looking for opportunities to make the wagering experience more enjoyable.

I hope this answers the question. If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. You can post here, or if you prefer, you can send emails to us at jgoodman@keeneland.com or emeyer@keeneland.com

speed
08-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Not sure where you got you're numbers from but they are not correct. Churchill maxes out rebates at a little over 2% and that is if you wager only at CDI owned race tracks and if you wager $250,000 in a month. If 1% is given by Keeneland to all players, regardless of wagering amounts then for the small bettor it is better than what Churchill offers. I believe Churchill's rebate for a small player is less than 1/4%.