PDA

View Full Version : good bye...

sonnyp
08-16-2011, 01:58 PM
the largest standardbred breeding operation in new jersey:

http://www.perretti.com/cms/

LottaKash
08-16-2011, 05:28 PM
SonnyP..Why the goodbye ?....What happened ?...I assume they are out of business, but why..?

I have always been aware of their prominence by the noticing, thru the years, the breeders part on the program, but I didn't know they were the biggest....

A troubled sport goes deeper into the abyss I guess...sad..

best,

sonnyp
08-16-2011, 11:07 PM
SonnyP..Why the goodbye ?....What happened ?...I assume they are out of business, but why..?

I have always been aware of their prominence by the noticing, thru the years, the breeders part on the program, but I didn't know they were the biggest....

A troubled sport goes deeper into the abyss I guess...sad..

best,

jeff gural wants to keep great horses on the track instead of in the breeding shed. he's taken over running the meadowlands and implemented changes which make foals by stallions less than a certain age no longer eligible to the njss program. i don't know the specifics but i'm sure pandy or some others do an i hope they'll contribute the details.

once these top stallions leave nj, and i'm sure they'll stand and be popular in the slot states. there are just 6 stallions left standing in nj.

http://sboanj.com/2011-forms/StallionFarmsdirectory.pdf

hard to believe, and all with the blessing with gov. christie

LottaKash
08-16-2011, 11:22 PM
once these top stallions leave nj, and i'm sure they'll stand and be popular in the slot states. there are just 6 stallions left standing in nj.

That's not very many....Strange days in racing these days...:(

best,

Hanover1
08-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Pretty basic math here....foals of NJ breds not fetching prices at the sales. Buyers have little to no chance of recouping investments of decent sums due to purse structures sans slot revenues. Money is better spent elsewhere. Perretti had to decide if he wanted to continue to feed the multitude of horses he has, and get peanuts in return. Answer was forthright. "No slots at M1-we are done".

sonnyp
08-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Pretty basic math here....foals of NJ breds not fetching prices at the sales. Buyers have little to no chance of recouping investments of decent sums due to purse structures sans slot revenues. Money is better spent elsewhere. Perretti had to decide if he wanted to continue to feed the multitude of horses he has, and get peanuts in return. Answer was forthright. "No slots at M1-we are done".

exactly what are the changes in the njss with regard to the age of standing stallions ? i'm sure you know. i mean the one gural believes will keep horses on the track to create stars bettors will follow rather than have them hurry off to the breeding farm.