PDA

View Full Version : 2nd damm mr. prospector

lamboguy
08-16-2011, 08:56 AM
what i am noticing these days is that the second damm from mr. prospector foals are less crooked or not crooked at all from the first damms. i can remember the days that anything mr. prospector threw were all crooked and dead bang runners.i bought a filly sunday that is by a 2nd damm of mr. prospector and she is gorgeous but has to fill out.

all in all the saratoga new york bred sale was a very tough one. the real good lookers brought big money, and the garbage didn't sell at all. they weren't giving anything away this year in that sale.

Spalding No!
08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Who was the granddamm?

From the catalogs, I've noticed that at a lot of these cheaper sales that the first damms often aren't anything to write home about, but you can still find several of the hip numbers with productive or at least recognizable second damms.

lamboguy
08-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Who was the granddamm?

From the catalogs, I've noticed that at a lot of these cheaper sales that the first damms often aren't anything to write home about, but you can still find several of the hip numbers with productive or at least recognizable second damms.
i bought hip 326 for $9000. i have a 2 yo any given saturday that is pretty good that hasn't left florida yet, that is why i took a shot at this one

onefast99
08-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Sorry we didn't get to be part of that group, but I have to tell you that NY racing will be the king for a long time to come so we are taking the mares to upstate NY to have their foals. Good job on getting that one lambo and the best of luck!