PDA

View Full Version : Why is George Soros selling "Gold" and buying "Farmland"

LottaKash
08-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Excerpt from : http://www.naturalnews.com/033319_food_prices_farmland.html (http://www.naturalnews.com/033319_food_prices_farmland.html)

(NaturalNews) "Food prices are skyrocketing all across the globe, and there's no end in sight. The United Nations says food inflation is currently at 30% a year, and the fast-eroding value of the dollar is causing food prices to appear even higher (in contrast to a weakening currency). As the dollar drops in value due to runaway money printing at the Federal Reserve, the cost to import foods from other nations looks to double in just the next two years -- and possibly every two years thereafter"......................... (read more)

"Lessons from post World War II Taiwan and why food is more valuable than gold" ;... (read more:)

Well, food for thought, anyway....(pun intended)

best,

Robert Goren
08-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Humm. Natural news? That would have been among the last places I would have looked for investment advice. But... Who knows he maybe right. I will sat this you have very careful where you would buy farm land. There are huge differnces in the way it taxed from place to place. I sure in hell would not want to buy any outside the US.

mostpost
08-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Excerpt from : http://www.naturalnews.com/033319_food_prices_farmland.html (http://www.naturalnews.com/033319_food_prices_farmland.html)

(NaturalNews) "Food prices are skyrocketing all across the globe, and there's no end in sight. The United Nations says food inflation is currently at 30% a year, and the fast-eroding value of the dollar is causing food prices to appear even higher (in contrast to a weakening currency). As the dollar drops in value due to runaway money printing at the Federal Reserve, the cost to import foods from other nations looks to double in just the next two years -- and possibly every two years thereafter"......................... (read more)

"Lessons from post World War II Taiwan and why food is more valuable than gold" ;... (read more:)

Well, food for thought, anyway....(pun intended)

best,

Do you realize that this so-called article that you posted is an advertisement?
They are trying to get you to invest in various food related products.
• Investing in storable food that you can save on the shelf and keep for future use or barter.

• Investing in your own gardening skills so that you have the know-how to produce food when needed.

• Investing in non-hybrid garden seeds so that you have the genetic blueprints to grow food that can propagate itself generation after generation.

• Investing in farmland -- especially farmland with water -- that offers the fertility and climate to produce food.

• Investing in educational courses that teach you how to create food through a variety of methods: Wildcrafting, gardening, sprouting and so on.

Of course they mention George Soros and all the conservatives go into a tizzy. The article makes it appear that Soros has bought up 24% of all the farmland in South America, but it really says that he owns 24% of a venture firm which is buying some land in South America, Adecoagro SA
I wonder how many other venture capitalists are doing the same.

LottaKash
08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Of course they mention George Soros and all the conservatives go into a tizzy.

Why can't you just let the "facts" speak for themselves, without bringing party leanings and philosphies into it....yeesh !

What, Liberal types don't eat ?

This is about the price of food, and what a shortage of it, may bring to "every-man".....

Tom
08-15-2011, 01:18 PM
mostie has been buying land for years.
Most of it is swamp land in Florida. :D

lamboguy
08-15-2011, 02:36 PM
if SOROS is telling you he is selling his gold, you should go in and buy the stuff with both hands. SOROS has no idea how to tell the truth, a matter of fact i heard that he closed his hedge fund off to the public. and besides that the way i read things he claims he sold his GLD, that is paper gold not real gold. that stuff only fools ya. there is no way in hell that man sold any physical metal that he might have his hands on, he is to smart for that. to MR GEORGE SOROS, this is just one big game to him, how to fool you so he can take it all down himself.

DON'T SELL YOUR GOLD

DJofSD
08-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Humm. Natural news? That would have been among the last places I would have looked for investment advice. But... Who knows he maybe right. I will sat this you have very careful where you would buy farm land. There are huge differnces in the way it taxed from place to place. I sure in hell would not want to buy any outside the US.

Not buying farm land outside the US? Why not? Afraid it will be nationalized? I thought that was goodness?

As far as where you get your investment advice, if you think you're going to get bankable information from the usual sources, guess again.

Robert Goren
08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Not buying farm land outside the US? Why not? Afraid it will be nationalized? I thought that was goodness?

As far as where you get your investment advice, if you think you're going to get bankable information from the usual sources, guess again.Yes. It may or may not be good for what ever country is doing the nationalization, but is most assuredly bad for you if you own the land. Even in the US the government is not above taking land and then reselling. It is being done in WV to mine coal. It is done in a lot of places in the name of urban development. It happens even in ultra conservative Nebraska.

boxcar
08-15-2011, 04:16 PM
mostie has been buying land for years.
Most of it is swamp land in Florida. :D

Hey, watch that. I live pretty darn close to prime swampland where the 'skeeters rival the 'gators in size. :D

Boxcar

Tom
08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Oh, skaters?:D

pandy
08-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Mostie is correct. This website and this creep, Mike Adams, is not only an advertisement, but it's a scam. Pace might want to consider taking it off here, it is not news, it is a con. Mike Adams is a phoney internet scammer. This should be be posted here, it is sensationalist crap.

LottaKash
08-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Mostie is correct. This website and this creep, Mike Adams, is not only an advertisement, but it's a scam. Pace might want to consider taking it off here, it is not news, it is a con. Mike Adams is a phoney internet scammer. This should be be posted here, it is sensationalist crap.

Pandy, I posted this, not about Soros or even Mike Adams (even tho I knew that would be a hook for some.heehe), but it is about the price of groceries, and how it is changing drastically upwards with each new season ....In case you haven't noticed the prices lately, that is, it will worsen in time, and that was my point in posting this, nothing more....The point is real and valid, imo

And yes, Mike Adams is somewhat of a schill for some advertisers, and I am sure that he is lining his pockets when he posts things of this nature....Still, there is a certain truth in much of what he says, and common sense begs to at least entertain some of his points on a more serious level....The numbers don't lie, and the UN numbers may be more accurate than you may give them credit for....But, 2/3's of the world is not doing too well in regards to food, so how cavalier of us to think that, with our natiion on the brink of bankruptcy and perhaps total collapse soon, that we shouldn't at least consider the possibility of a real food shortage...What makes us vs. the world, so immune to calamity in the realm of food..?

What will happen to the food supply chain if, because of the Patriot Act, FEMA, CDC, FDIC or even the collapse of the stock market, not to mention the new powers that the Prez has to "shutdown" the Internet due to grievous HACKING ATTACKS, causing a NATIONAL EMERGENCY, then where will all of our food come from, once the store-shelves are empty, and we are scurrying aroung just trying to feed our families when that very food chain is broken, even if only temporarily....These are real concerns, to me.....

I am definitely one who trusts nothing of what the gov't is up to these days, nothing....Call it conspiracy it you will....I see it litltle by little, how the above named bureaus, bit by bit, have garnered much new power(s), even tho nothing of those entities power"s have been used as of yet...In that regard, my only wish is to continue to stuff my face, no matter what gangsters are in power at the time, or what trumped up emergency may be called upon to cripple the food & information chain ..

Americans may be in for a rude awakening one of these ole days, at least in regards to FOOD....We live in very strange and very perilous times...I am planning accordingly.....

Gotta go now, and put my tin-foil hat back on...and go EAT sumpin'...:jump:

best,

pandy
08-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Glenn Beck has been saying stuff like this for years. For of all, if this happens you are never going to be able to grow or store enough food to keep you and your family eating so why worry about it. And, if you wanted to talk about this you shouldn't have posted this website which is just using scare tactics to sell products. This is not a news site, it's junk.

In a way the gold companies are doing the same thing to sell gold. People are buying gold because it's a so -called "safe haven." There is no such thing as a save haven, gold doesn't even have any real value.

Food prices have gone up before and they always came down. Maybe this will be different, who knows, but it's a moot point because the average person doesn't have the land, storage, or time to store enough food. So why worry? If a dozen eggs cost $200 then it will be time to worry. Right now eggs are still a $1.25 as they've been for years.

LottaKash
08-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Right now eggs are still a $1.25 as they've been for years.

Ok Pandy, when the shit hits the fan, come on down, we'll leave the light on for ya....:jump:

best,

lamboguy
08-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Glenn Beck has been saying stuff like this for years. For of all, if this happens you are never going to be able to grow or store enough food to keep you and your family eating so why worry about it. And, if you wanted to talk about this you shouldn't have posted this website which is just using scare tactics to sell products. This is not a news site, it's junk.

In a way the gold companies are doing the same thing to sell gold. People are buying gold because it's a so -called "safe haven." There is no such thing as a save haven, gold doesn't even have any real value.

Food prices have gone up before and they always came down. Maybe this will be different, who knows, but it's a moot point because the average person doesn't have the land, storage, or time to store enough food. So why worry? If a dozen eggs cost $200 then it will be time to worry. Right now eggs are still a $1.25 as they've been for years.i don't think you do to much grocery shopping, eggs are 1.89 a dozen just like purdue chicken.

there is a huge bubble right now, and that is paper currency. the time is running out now as to what that paper will buy.

we just hit the 40th anniversary of nixon closing the gold window, which he had no choice but to do. if you remember back then the united states currency was backed by gold that was priced at $35 per ounce. there was a market in gold that had the price at $42. everyone was going to the united states treasury to cash in their paper for gold because they had an immediate 20% gain. but nixon NEVER did take us off the gold standard. what that means is pretty simple, one day the united states is going to have to revalue their currency based on gold. you could wake up one day and see gold something crazy like $7500 per ounce or more. this is probably the only way for our country to get out of debt.

during the debt ceiling debate, if they did not extend it, the president could have ordered the united states mint to, mint a paltinum coin that they could assign any denomination that they wanted on it. take those coins and deposit them in their checking account and right checks against it.

these are very wild times in the world these days. there are plenty of country's that are broke along with major banks throughout the world that are tapped out as well.

it is very easy for someone to say that cab drivers are all talking about gold and that everyone is now 'INVESTING" in gold. truth of the matter is that less than 1% of the population in the united states owns any form of gold, and if they do, they are selling it to cash for gold guys. all i am trying to do is explain that holding paper money is as risky as it gets these days.

PaceAdvantage
08-17-2011, 03:50 AM
Take comfort. You "end of the world" doom and gloomers are bound to be right some day...

When that day comes, do you really think your gold is going to be able to buy you anything?

When the shit hits the fan, the most important things in this world are going to be guns, ammo, toilet paper, food, water and cigarettes. That's it.

What are you going to do with gold? I want guns, ammo, toilet paper, food, water and cigarettes (and maybe coffee). What am I going to do with gold? :lol:

lamboguy
08-17-2011, 04:55 AM
i am bullish on america. i can't speak for the rest of the world though. the way i invision the days ahead is that since the united states dollar is the reserve currency of the word and will continue to be that no matter what happens throughout the world, that a rising gold price is the only way to bail out of the mess that we are in now, and put us on the road to future prosperity. and this great nation will have atleast another 200 years to prosper.

i can ask you this, is there any law or rule that states that gold has anything to do with doom and gloom? is there any rule or law that makes gold a bad thing?

there has never been an empire or nation to survive longer than 75 years in the history of the world on a fiat currency basis. it seems to me that the united states is going to dodge that bullet by going back on the gold standard real soon. that will strengthen our country and make it once again the very best place in the world to be, with citizens that love this place and that are willing to protect it.

some look at gold as doom and gloom, i don't and never will. i see it as prosperity for this great place. we have it all here and we will have much more once we go back on the gold standard.

lamboguy
08-17-2011, 05:06 AM
one more thing to add, for 12 years i was always thinking that $1600 gold was going to do the trick and get us back on the right path to prosperity, it looks like i was wrong and we are going to need $2700 gold. when it does eventually hit the top whatever it will be it will stay there for many years to come, and that will be a good thing for us.

pandy
08-17-2011, 06:18 AM
I agree that things are bad but these gloom and doom predictions never come true and there's little the average person can do about it anyway. The only people who have leverage are the rich and even they can get stung if they put too many eggs in one basket. I remember in the early 90's when Donald Trump came very close to going bankrupt in the real estate crash because he had too many properties and couldn't pay his loans.

Yes, gold may keep going up for a while but when it collapses a lot of people are going to get stung. As usual the super rich will have gotten out of gold long before that happens.

Some of you may remember when the Japanese came here during their real estate boom and were buying U.S. Real Estate, including Rockefeller Center and prestigious properties like that. The media was saying how bad this was for the country, our land moving from American ownership to foreign.

My dad was a stock broker and he told me that the Japanese were over paying and they were going to get crushed when the market dropped. "If the Rockefeller's are selling," he said, "Then it's time to sell, not buy."

All of those Japanese businessmen lost millions and had to sell their properties for huge losses, including Rockefeller center.

lamboguy
08-17-2011, 08:55 AM
everyone looks to the past to predict the future. i do and i see it a very different way. i think that the best bubble market to look at is the tullip bubble back in the 17th century in holland. that is probably the best example of a bubble in any market ever. it was a small market but dealt with the human elements involved.

the gold market has a history of of never moving in price. even though in the last 10 years paper assets vs gold has declined. in the world today we have 2 different things happening at the very same time. you have paper assets that are inflating, meaning your paper buys you less today than it did yesterday, and gold is deflating, meaning your gold is buying you more today than it did yesterday.at the end of this world economic cycle i believe the new one will start and will be the greatest boom in the world. i think it will be geared around a fixed asset price of gold to united states dollars, that would be at the top of gold. of course before gold does eventually meet its top i expect plenty of volitily in gold. i am prediciting a major top in gold price by the first quarter of 2012 less than 6 months from now against the united states dollar. and probably a resumption in the bullish up cycle 6 months later,

i grew up thinking that gold is always cyclical. the length of this bull market in the stuff is astouding to most experts in markets. the mindblower is that we haven't even scratched the surface in it.