PDA

View Full Version : Michael Pizzola Las Vegas Handicapping Seminar

trying2win
08-14-2011, 09:03 PM
I noticed this ad and video online recently, for an upcoming handicapping seminar in Las Vegas in October 2011, by the inimitable Michael Pizzola. I haven't read any of his books, nor do I own any of the software he promotes, so I'm not a shill for him. I watched a small part of his video here, and he sure talks in a slow, disjointed manner. Despite his unusual speech pattern, I found it easy to understand what he's talking about.

http://winnersform.com/valuecapping-academy-registration/

One thing though, I can't picture too many people shelling out the asking price of $497 for this seminar. Although I guess he has his devotees for his handicapping style, books, and software.

I haven't watched any of Dave Schwartz's online handicapping seminars lately, but I think Dave has got Michael Pizzola beat on the price for these kind of presentations by a wide margin! :D

T2W
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

~"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have."

--Norman Vincent Peale

Some_One
08-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Well for 3 days, say 15 hours of learning maybe, that's about the same rate Dave charges. I won't say the principals in Handicapping Magic isn't too far off from the principals of New Pace.

njcurveball
08-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Pizzola is very entertaining and engaging when he speaks. I am far from a shill for him as I use a different program then what he sells.

I went through the information for this and it will be pretty hard to follow along unless you are using his current program which I believe is called Black Magic unless it has been upgraded.

He has sound principles but even with the best handicapping program you are facing over 50% of races where the winner will be one of the first two choices.

I would enjoy hearing from people who go to this and what kind of experience they had.

One of the attractions for going to this would be the chance to speak to someone who would be a first ballot nominee to the "Handicapping Hall of Fame", if there was one. That would be Dan Serra. I think he is the reason they are holding it off the strip, since it is in the place where he plays all the time.

I had the good fortune of chatting with him a few years back and he is the kind of guy who was keeping a "paper database" before anyone else had a computer.

I would gladly pay the $500 price if I felt it would be something that could be used with what I am currently doing.

JimG
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
I haven't watched any of Dave Schwartz's online handicapping seminars lately, but I think Dave has got Michael Pizzola beat on the price for these kind of presentations by a wide margin!

I recall Dave having in-person seminars in years past in Nevada and I think the price Michael is charging is comparable to what Dave charged in the past. Dave could speak to this if he wants. However, I doubt anyone that attends Pizzolla's seminar will be asking for their money back. It is geared towards those that have the Black Magic handicapping software.

Jim