PDA

View Full Version : Alyssa Ali from Arlington Park

Reezy
08-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Hrtv needs to hire her..id tune in and watcher talk all day long

toussaud
08-13-2011, 06:36 PM
she is usually on HRTV right before they do Arlington first race. doesn't really handicap though.

Arlington in general has probably the best on track presentation in the country IMHO between jessica, allisa and the guy they have that pops up from time to time as well as John Dooley.

cj
08-13-2011, 08:39 PM
she is usually on HRTV right before they do Arlington first race. doesn't really handicap though.

Arlington in general has probably the best on track presentation in the country IMHO between jessica, allisa and the guy they have that pops up from time to time as well as John Dooley.

Better than NYRA? You have to be kidding, unless you are tuning in to see pretty ladies.

sonnyp
08-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Better than NYRA? You have to be kidding, unless you are tuning in to see pretty ladies.

what was the name of the little blonde who did the paddock comments for NYRA before each race. i believe she left to care for an ailing family member.
she was very good.

cj
08-13-2011, 08:58 PM
what was the name of the little blonde who did the paddock comments for NYRA before each race. i believe she left to care for an ailing family member.
she was very good.

Jan Rushton. I guess she was alright, but in my opinion she did a little too much "trainer echo" stuff. Maggie Wolfendale is coming along nicely.

toussaud
08-13-2011, 10:09 PM
sorry I don't beat to the NYRA tote line. Arlington puts on a good presentation. I did not say they were better handicappers than anyone else in the country.

Irish Boy
08-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Alyssa Ali gets nails-on-chalkboard annoying very quickly, and I'm usually pretty forgiving on this stuff.

PaceAdvantage
08-13-2011, 10:24 PM
sorry I don't beat to the NYRA tote line. Arlington puts on a good presentation. I did not say they were better handicappers than anyone else in the country.No, but you did say this "Arlington in general has probably the best on track presentation in the country IMHO..." and that's exactly what CJ was referencing...

Has nothing to do with "beat the NYRA tote line," whatever that means...

toussaud
08-13-2011, 10:51 PM
whenever someone here says something other than "insert ny based track" is the best so and so you get railed. the other guy got the same thing for "suggesting" that a card with 6 maiden races in it on a saturday might be a tad bit watered down. I suggest the fact that I enjoy arlington's on track prenstation more than anyone elses and

Because yes, obviously i simply have a horse racing woman fetish and all i do is sit at home flipping channels looking for pretty women in horse racing anbd every once in a while i just might make a wager. makes perfect sense

if you must know, i am extremely meticulous. the Arlington park track feed is crystal clear. the one at NYRA is not At least the xpressbet track feed I use, arlington park's feed is flat out clearer.. Usually at Arlington i get to see a really good shot of all the horses in the paddock before they even get to the track, then when they get to the track, i actually can see the horses in a post parade. At Saratoga for instance, they attempt to do this but it's blocked by the pony horse which honestly pisses me off. I'm just picky like that.

Another thing, NYRA, shows you the pony blocked post parade, then they run through the horses again as they gallop then they cut to the tote board screen which shows the odds, they do this for about 2 or so minutes then cut back to the horses with 2-3 minutes left to post. Arlington on the other hand, has the tote in the background and never cuts away from the horses, providing you ample time to look at the horse you are wagering on. stuff like that matters to me. It might not to you but it does to me. I understand why they do this, this would be very important if you are in for instance an OTB. But i'm not at an OTB i'm at home and given the choices i like what Arlington does better.

I would provide what I think about the commentary aspects of it but i know that TLG (who really does a good job, not bashing) is here so i will, leave that alone, but i have opinions on that as well.

Given that information above, Arlington gets my money and my attention and yes i think it's the best presentation of horse racing in the country. might not be the best class of racing, but they present it better than anyone else does.

I also think Emerald Downs does a wonderful job as well with what they have.

Some_One
08-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Alyssa Ali gets nails-on-chalkboard annoying very quickly, and I'm usually pretty forgiving on this stuff.

I'm sure most people would be watching her with the mute on, thats all you need,.

toussaud
08-13-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm sure most people would be watching her with the mute on, thats all you need,.
that's the catch. IF they DID hire her, they would find a reason to hate her guts rather quickly.

I was thinking about that the other day. I think we for some reason we think higher of people that work at the track, the people that work for instance at HRTV or TVG. Everyone that works at TVG is a bum but you can't ever say enough good about someone that works for instance at mountineer.

therussmeister
08-13-2011, 11:33 PM
That's because the people that work for the track have an easier time of it. They only have to know that one track. At least that is my conjecture, but I never listen to any of those people; I hit the mute as soon as the horses cross the finish line and unmute as they are entering the gate for the next race. So what do I know?

duncan04
08-14-2011, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE=toussaud]
Another thing, NYRA, shows you the pony blocked post parade, then they run through the horses again as they gallop then they cut to the tote board screen which shows the odds, they do this for about 2 or so minutes then cut back to the horses with 2-3 minutes left to post. Arlington on the other hand, has the tote in the background and never cuts away from the horses, providing you ample time to look at the horse you are wagering on. stuff like that matters to me. It might not to you but it does to me. I understand why they do this, this would be very important if you are in for instance an OTB. But i'm not at an OTB i'm at home and given the choices i like what Arlington does better.

QUOTE]

How hard is it to show the horse and not the pony?? NYRA is one of the worst in that department. :ThmbDown:

toussaud
08-14-2011, 01:02 AM
apparently pretty damn hard because they are not even the only ones.

i label all the tracks into two categories. the "blockers" and the "non blockers". seriously i do not wager on horses that i cannot see, so i don't play the NYRA. But of all the tracks that are blockers, at least, the NYRA, and you can tell they try to do this they put the camera somewhat behind the horse somewhat so you can get as good of a look at the horse as possible but still the pony is in the way. It's like they see it's a problem and they are trying within their power to do something about it. as you can see i put alot of thought into this issue. But still i consider it a blocker track and do not play it. i don't' think it's too much to ask to get a good look at what I am putting at some times hundreds of dollars on before i push submit.

There are other components that go into what i deem a track presentation playable or not. For instance, ellis park is a non blocker track, but they NEVER run on time, and because most of the time i don't sit down and play one track, i cherry pick races from woodbine, Arlington, del mar, a track/race here or there, nothing peeves me off more than having to readjust my schedule because ellis park is 15 minutes behind now, and even worse i could have played another race somewhere else so i just don't bother. Churchill goes to the post way too late and like NYRA spends too much time on the tote screen. I won't say I never play churchill but it's not my preference. And monmouth, i don't know what the deal is but it's like someone needs to tell them to wait 5 seconds before starting to show the post parade, and the only time they show horses in the paddock are for big races. 95% of the time you don't see crap until they are on the track and then they show you the name and everything else while they are turning into the post parade.

yes, Arlington has the best presentation in the country IMHO. Keeneland, emerald downs, del mar, hollywood park, tampa bay, fair grounds, woodbine, charles town and remington park would round out my top 10.

You won't get an argument from me if you are stating that the racing at NYRA circuit is better than anyone else's but the presentation is not. i will argue that into im' dead in the grave as it stands.

tracks like laurel are so bad I've actually looked at a post parade before and thought i was seeing the race horse the pony shot was so clear.

trackrat59
08-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Jan Rushton. I guess she was alright, but in my opinion she did a little too much "trainer echo" stuff. Maggie Wolfendale is coming along nicely.

I like Maggie a lot. She's a great addition and it's helpful to hear what she has to say since she knows horses.

For pre-race info NYRA has it hands down. They take their jobs seriously and there is no silliness going on. Clearly they are actually trying to enlighten the fans and those that place bets.

Who cares what anyone looks like as long as they are providing helpful pre-race info.

Track Phantom
08-14-2011, 10:41 AM
In my opinion, nothing compares to the guys that talk racing on the NY circuit. They are thorough, honest, to the point and, most importantly, knowledgable. They don't just regergitate the PP's, they have insight.

That being said, I do think Arlington is right up there. That Jessica is top notch. Good 'capper, easy to listen to and, of course, easy on the eyes.

There are probably others in the country that deserve mention but there are so many that are just painful. Not sure why they all can't mimic the production these two venues put on.

BIG49010
08-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Just a guess on who might have a little better idea about horses

Alnaz Ali

Career Thoroughbred Racing Summary:
Starts Firsts Seconds Thirds Earnings
1,029 30 60 80 $ 544,817

Howard E. Wolfendale

6,280 1,401 1,135 949 $ 18,871,270

TravisVOX
08-14-2011, 11:23 AM
I had the pleasure of working with Alyssa at Gulfstream. A harder working person you will not meet. She put hours into her job, and is very passionate about broadcasting. She never pretended to be the next NHC Champion, and admitted as much. A few folks on this board who came to visit during the meet were able to meet her and a couple helped further her knowledge as well. Her enthusiasm and passion will take her far.

rastajenk
08-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Just a guess on who might have a little better idea about horses

Alnaz Ali

1,029 30 60 80 $ 544,817

Howard E. Wolfendale

6,280 1,401 1,135 949 $ 18,871,270That tells me nothing about Alyssa and Maggie.

JBmadera
08-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I had the pleasure of working with Alyssa at Gulfstream. A harder working person you will not meet. She put hours into her job, and is very passionate about broadcasting. She never pretended to be the next NHC Champion, and admitted as much. A few folks on this board who came to visit during the meet were able to meet her and a couple helped further her knowledge as well. Her enthusiasm and passion will take her far.

agree completely!

ElKabong
08-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Jessica Pacheco is not only very attractive, but she's an excellent handicapper. I don't see her as much as I used to since I played FG everyday yrs ago (miss her hotness), but she'd come up with some very nice priced horses day after day. 8-1 and up & gave good reasons for her picks = prior to post

toussaud
08-14-2011, 02:36 PM
her father is a trainer is he not?

affirmedny
08-14-2011, 02:38 PM
The girl at Canterbury, Angela Hermann, is topnotch. Expect her to move to a bigger venue one of these days.

BIG49010
08-14-2011, 03:00 PM
That tells me nothing about Alyssa and Maggie.

They both are daughters of trainers, and one trainer is excellent and so is his daughter in recognizing which horses are prepared. The other is the daughter of one of the worst trainers on the Illinois circuit.

rastajenk
08-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Do you make wagers based on such spurious causations? I could tell what you are trying to get at, but your stats say nothing about the individuals' work ethics, study habits, retention, or anything else.

toussaud
08-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Do you make wagers based on such spurious causations? I could tell what you are trying to get at, but your stats say nothing about the individuals' work ethics, study habits, retention, or anything else.
exactly.

Both are good at what they do IMHO. And they both do different things. Alissa from what i can tell really isn't a horse person so it's really not fair to plop her in the same group with Maggie, who from all accounts is a horse person. Alyssa is a marketing/promotions person, who just so happen to be th daughter of a trainer. So you are really barking up the wrong tree on that one. Jessica is the full time handicapper at Arlington.

JustRalph
08-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Man, you guys must love the war room on the night before the Kentucky Derby. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2011, 07:32 PM
whenever someone here says something other than "insert ny based track" is the best so and so you get railed. the other guy got the same thing for "suggesting" that a card with 6 maiden races in it on a saturday might be a tad bit watered down.So you think it has more to do with some sort of grand "NYRA Conspiracy" here at PaceAdvantage rather than the fact that NYRA racing is the most wagered on, and most popular feed in the country, and thus gets discussed more often than any other track? Really?

You think that there is never any valid negative criticism of NYRA posted here? You think that whenever anyone says a bad thing about NYRA they are attacked? Does a difference of opinion count as an attack?

Track Phantom
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
The girl at Canterbury, Angela Hermann, is topnotch. Expect her to move to a bigger venue one of these days.

You obviously don't follow Canterbury. There isn't an even money shot she didn't like. Dime a dozen

affirmedny
08-14-2011, 10:34 PM
You obviously don't follow Canterbury. There isn't an even money shot she didn't like. Dime a dozen

Not looking for anybody to handicap for me, I'm referring to the professionalism of her presentation compared to others I've seen. I couldn't care less what horses she picks.

turfbar
08-16-2011, 08:26 AM
I like Maggie a lot. She's a great addition and it's helpful to hear what she has to say since she knows horses.

For pre-race info NYRA has it hands down. They take their jobs seriously and there is no silliness going on. Clearly they are actually trying to enlighten the fans and those that place bets.

Who cares what anyone looks like as long as they are providing helpful pre-race info.

Anatomy is destiny.

S.Freud

cj's dad
08-16-2011, 08:55 AM

Any relation to Md. trainer Howard Wolfendale ?

turfbar
08-16-2011, 11:35 AM
she is his daughter