PDA

View Full Version : La Jolla Handicap

skipaway100
08-12-2011, 10:56 PM
http://www.formscore.com/free0813.pdf

Chose this race because I think Midnight Interlude will be overbet due to his Triple Crown "celebrity status" and there may be value elsewhere.

#1 TEMPLE'S DOOR - Ran well this spring (pair of 44's), but has steadily regressed and doesn't look encouraging to run a big one here.

#2 THIRTYFIRSTSTREET - Has a big synth fig (45) at Hollywood but hasn't done anything sense and his 39 turf route top is too slow to compete here.

#3 SURREY STAR - 45 top at Churchill in May, did not regress badly from it, good rest into this race. Very good chance to run a good one here IMO.

#4 BURNS - Consistant animal that finally burst through to a new 3 pt top last time out that should result in a slight regression here, but a competitior nonetheless.

#5 FORT HASTINGS - Will have to improve a few points off his U.S. Debut of 42 to win this.

#6 LIL BIT O'FUN - This one hasn't followed up on his 2 year old promising figures. A 44 isn't impossible here though, which could give him a piece of the board at a price

#7 MIDNIGHT INTERLUDE - Ran a 44 in his turf debut last. Now he could move forward from it and run a new top here, but coming into this he has like the 3rd best figure in the field and at 9/5, there's a reason to make a stand here.

Surrey Star's pattern is most appealing to me and he earned a higher figure than Midnight Interlude despite losing by a neck to his in the last. A better trip this time and he's your winner. I'm playing big win bets on Joe Talamo to roll him home here.