PDA

View Full Version : Where is Jerusalem ?

cj's dad
08-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Very disturbing. The WH eliminates the word Israel from it's web site photo.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/white-house-cleanses-israel-website_588127.html

PhantomOnTour
08-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Very disturbing. The WH eliminates the word Israel from it's web site photo.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/white-house-cleanses-israel-website_588127.html
So the first caption said the meeting was in Jerusalem, Israel and it was changed to just the word Jerusalem....

SO WHAT'S THE BIG F***ING DEAL!!!
You've got a problem with that?
Reading WAYYYYYYYY too much into things...did you not already know where Jerusalem is?

Tom
08-12-2011, 09:46 AM
There is an underlying reason this was done.
Actions speak louder than words. We know Obama is no friend to Israel and he will throw them under the bus. That is a given.

Big things start out little.

PhantomOnTour
08-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Actions speak louder than words. We know Obama is no friend to Israel and he will throw them under the bus. That is a given.

Big things start out little.
I agree...i bet your paranoia started out as something little also.
Look what it's become....sad, really.

Tom
08-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Paranoia?
I think not.

Now those Juden in Berlin in 1938.....that was paranoia.
I mean, all they id was tell them to wear those little yellow stars.
Come on, man. :rolleyes:

GaryG
08-12-2011, 10:54 AM
East Jerusalem was captured from Jordan in 1967 when Israel whupped all of the arabs in 6 days. Presumably they rested on the seventh. Israel considers the united city to be its capital. However, the Palestinians still want East Jerusalem back for the capital of the New Palestine. That will happen when the temperature reaches -273C and hell freezes over. This could be a nod by the community organizer in chief to his arab brothers. I agree with CJ's Dad. I made myself an honorary Jew a few years ago. Shalom aleikhem.

Tom
08-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh, you mean that 1967 war that Dumbama wants to roll the borders back to?

Gary, you are being paranoid.;)

hcap
08-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Paranoia?
I think not.

Now those Juden in Berlin in 1938.....that was paranoia.
I mean, all they id was tell them to wear those little yellow stars.
Come on, man. :rolleyes:Slowly I turned. Step by step......

9pQii1L8fGk?

cj's dad
08-12-2011, 11:27 AM
I guess there are no charts or graphs that would explain this slap in the face of Israel by the Dept. of State.

cj's dad
08-12-2011, 11:34 AM
East Jerusalem was captured from Jordan in 1967 when Israel whupped all of the arabs in 6 days. Presumably they rested on the seventh. Israel considers the united city to be its capital. However, the Palestinians still want East Jerusalem back for the capital of the New Palestine. That will happen when the temperature reaches -273C and hell freezes over. This could be a nod by the community organizer in chief to his arab brothers. I agree with CJ's Dad. I made myself an honorary Jew a few years ago. Shalom aleikhem.

Me too. I am Polish/Irish.

Look at these numbers regarding the Holocaust's #1 victims:

3,300,000 Jews in Poland - 2,800,000 murdered - 85% of population

TJDave
08-12-2011, 12:07 PM

http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/2011/08/white-house-site-omits-all-clear.html

"the Zivotofskys have become a symbol in the Jewish people's struggle to see recognized Israel's right, like that of any other sovereign nation, to determine its own capital."

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/10462

cj's dad
08-12-2011, 12:14 PM
http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/2011/08/white-house-site-omits-all-clear.html

"the Zivotofskys have become a symbol in the Jewish people's struggle to see recognized Israel's right, like that of any other sovereign nation, to determine its own capital."

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/10462

These links solidify my belief that this administration is anti-Israel. Thanks for the info.

mostpost
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
These links solidify my belief that this administration is anti-Israel. Thanks for the info.
You guys exhibit poor knowledge of history, little knowledge of diplomatic reality and no knowledge of Constitutional law.
Non recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital did not start with Barack Obama and is not exclusive to the United States. The United States has never recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. And since the passage of the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 all three presidents; Clinton, Bush and Obama have refused to enforce that act.

No countries recognize Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel and no countries have embassies in Jerusalem. All foreign embassies in Israel are in Tel Aviv.

Congress exceeded its authority in passing the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995. All three presidents since then-not just Barack Obama-have cited the unconstitutionality of the Act in their refusal to enforce it.

A discussion of the subject is found here:
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/article02/15.html

Basically it states that conduct of foreign affairs is the province of the President unless specifically assigned to the Legislature such as the approval of treaties or ambassadors. Several actions by the President and/or the Congress have defined and reinforced this power.
The power to ''receive'' ambassadors, et cetera, includes, moreover, the right to refuse to receive them, to request their recall, to dismiss them, and to determine their eligibility under our laws. 571 Furthermore, this power makes the President the sole mouthpiece of the nation in its dealing with other nations.

in 1798 Congress passed:
The Logan Act .--When in 1798 a Philadelphia Quaker named Logan went to Paris on his own to undertake a negotiation with the French Government with a view to averting war between France and the United States, his enterprise stimulated Congress to pass ''An Act to Prevent Usurpation of Executive Functions,

In 1897 when Cuba was seeking its independence from Spain;
The Case of Cuba .--The question of Congress' right also to recognize new states was prominently raised in connection with Cuba's final and successful struggle for independence. Beset by numerous legislative proposals of a more or less mandatory character, urging recognition upon the President, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in 1897, made an elaborate investigation of the whole subject and came to the following conclusions as to this power: ''The 'recognition' of independence or belligerency of a foreign power, technically speaking, is distinctly a diplomatic matter. It is properly evidenced either by sending a public minister to the Government thus recognized, or by receiving a public minister therefrom. The latter is the usual and proper course. Diplomatic relations with a new power are properly, and customarily inaugurated at the request of that power, expressed through an envoy sent for the purpose. The reception of this envoy, as pointed out, is the act of the President alone. The next step, that of sending a public minister to the nation thus recognized, is primarily the act of the President. The Senate can take no part in it at all, until the President has sent in a nomination. Then it acts in its executive capacity, and, customarily, in 'executive session.' The legislative branch of the Government can exercise no influence over this step except, very indirectly, by withholding appropriations. . . . Nor can the legislative branch of the Government hold any communications with foreign nations. The executive branch is the sole mouthpiece of the nation in communication with foreign sovereignties.

There are other laws, court cases, actions of the president and actions of Congress that reinforce the authority of the Executive in matters of this sort.

There is consistent history both internationally and internally of the non recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capitol. To say this is an Obama policy and that it is a sign of disrespect for Israel or a proof of Obama's Muslin heritage is foolish beyond belief.

Tom
08-12-2011, 01:41 PM
There goes another one, mostie. Right over yer head.

mostpost
08-12-2011, 01:59 PM
No! It is not over my head. Leaving "Israel" in the caption would give the impression that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel. It does not. No country does.
This has nothing to do with your false perception that Obama is a Muslim or that he hates Israel. You choose to ignore the fact that Clinton followed the same policy and Bush followed the same policy. Fine, go ahead. That only provides proof of your ignorance.

Tom
08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Get a glove.:D

mostpost
08-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Get a glove.:D
Then explain the point for the stupid among us. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Tom
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Get a net and we will talk.:D

dartman51
08-12-2011, 02:45 PM
No! It is not over my head. Leaving "Israel" in the caption would give the impression that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel. It does not. No country does.
This has nothing to do with your false perception that Obama is a Muslim or that he hates Israel. You choose to ignore the fact that Clinton followed the same policy and Bush followed the same policy. Fine, go ahead. That only provides proof of your ignorance.

So......if Putin was visiting Obama in Chicago, and they posed for a WH photo, and when they posted it on their web site, stating that the photo was taken in Chicago, IL, does that give the impression that the United States recognizes Chicago as the capitol of IL??? :ThmbDown:

boxcar
08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
I guess there are no charts or graphs that would explain this slap in the face of Israel by the Dept. of State.

Why would 'cap care? He's 100% secularized. He only feigns concern for "his people" when he can play the bigotry card, which is standard fare for liberals.

Boxcar

JustRalph
08-12-2011, 04:07 PM

Beat me to it

hcap
08-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I guess there are no charts or graphs that would explain this slap in the face of Israel by the Dept. of State.My posting of Lou Costello doing the famous "Step By Step" shtick simply illustrates rampant paranoia demonstrated by some righties. And just in case some of you religious fundies are worrying that Jesus will not return until Israel fulfills the so-called prophesies popularized by the Left Behind'ers and the "modern day prophets" speaking at Rick Perry's prayer-a-thon.

I always felt a killing could be made in Israeli real estate selling land surrounding where the Apocalypse is supposed to take place. At least selling seats for the spectacle. I bet some slick operator is seriously planning something like "Apocalypse-o-Mania" and hawking tickets on Fox

I wouldn't be surprised if Box and friends chartered a flight :cool:

bigmack
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Always a treat to see hcap continually attempt to belittle and ridicule Christians when he was gullible enough to buy the doomsday scenarios of Al Gore and nerds with completely whacked out modeling software.

Religious types look like Einstein next to Gore, hcap & Co.

elysiantraveller
08-12-2011, 04:39 PM

I did a quick google search with Clinton and Bush in Jerusalem and none of those captions said Israel just Jerusalem...

Isn't this a little bit of a overreaction?

hcap
08-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Always a treat to see hcap continually attempt to belittle and ridicule Christians when he was gullible enough to buy the doomsday scenarios of Al Gore and nerds with completely whacked out modeling software.

Religious types look like Einstein next to Gore, hcap & Co.Psst. Wanna buy some great close up seats to "Apocalypse-o-Mania"?

95% of Christianity does not follow Rick Perry's prayer-ton preachers.I think one called Oprah Winfrey the Harlot of Babylon. Another that the Statue of Liberty was a gift from demonic forces.

I was not insulting Christianity. Sorry you are so confused.

I think you should read some of the mythology of the Left Behind'ers and and then tell me Al Gore is crazy

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2011, 09:33 PM
So the first caption said the meeting was in Jerusalem, Israel and it was changed to just the word Jerusalem....

SO WHAT'S THE BIG F***ING DEAL!!!
You've got a problem with that?
Reading WAYYYYYYYY too much into things...did you not already know where Jerusalem is?One could say the same about leaving the caption as it was...what's the big ****ing deal?

boxcar
08-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Psst. Wanna buy some great close up seats to "Apocalypse-o-Mania"?

95% of Christianity does not follow Rick Perry's prayer-ton preachers.I think one called Oprah Winfrey the Harlot of Babylon. Another that the Statue of Liberty was a gift from demonic forces.

I was not insulting Christianity. Sorry you are so confused.

I think you should read some of the mythology of the Left Behind'ers and and then tell me Al Gore is crazy

Why can't they both be equally as crazy? After all, they're preachin' two different mythologies.

Boxcar

boxcar
08-12-2011, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=hcapI wouldn't be surprised if Box and friends chartered a flight :cool:[/QUOTE]

Then you'd be very surprised to learn that I'm no "left behinder" in the sense of Dispensational eschatology. You're wrong as usual, but what else is new?

Boxcar

elysiantraveller
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
One could say the same about leaving the caption as it was...what's the big ****ing deal?

Jerusalem isn't internationally recognized as part of Israel.

TJDave
08-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Jerusalem isn't internationally recognized as part of Israel.

ISRAEL DOES and as a sovereign nation has declared Jerusalem as its capital.

What if the world didn't recognize Washington DC?

elysiantraveller
08-12-2011, 11:18 PM
ISRAEL DOES and as a sovereign nation has declared Jerusalem as its capital.

What if the world didn't recognize Washington DC?

Its their prerogative.

Key word was "internationally."

mostpost
08-13-2011, 12:02 AM
So......if Putin was visiting Obama in Chicago, and they posed for a WH photo, and when they posted it on their web site, stating that the photo was taken in Chicago, IL, does that give the impression that the United States recognizes Chicago as the capitol of IL??? :ThmbDown:

Illinois does not claim that Chicago is its capitol. Furthermore Indiana does not claim that Chicago is a part of Indiana. So, we have a totally different situation. In the original treaty, Jerusalem was a separate entity under United Nations control. After the 1949 war the Western half was occupied by Israel and the eastern half by Jordan. This was recognized de facto, but the De jure ruling was Jerusalem was still an international city. After Israel took control of the Eastern half, there was still no change in that status officially.

PhantomOnTour
08-13-2011, 12:07 AM
One could say the same about leaving the caption as it was...what's the big ****ing deal?
Okay...are you offended or put off by the fact that the word 'Israel' was in one caption and wasn't in the other?

THEY CHOSE to not include it...ain't that their decision? It wasn't a big f***ing deal either way.
That's my point, and if the word had stayed in both photos i guarantee you i wouldn't give a crap either way.
Know why?...because it's not a big f***ing deal, no matter how f***ing big some folks wanna f***ing make it.

PhantomOnTour
08-13-2011, 12:08 AM
I did a quick google search with Clinton and Bush in Jerusalem and none of those captions said Israel just Jerusalem...

Isn't this a little bit of a overreaction?
And how...

elysiantraveller
08-13-2011, 12:23 AM
And how...

...?

I agree with you.

PhantomOnTour
08-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Maybe i should have said, "And how!"
I agree with you too...this thread is 'slow news day' stuff.

cj's dad
08-13-2011, 11:33 AM

Impressions are not facts, they are IMPRESSIONS.

Please note that NOWHERE in the OP does it state that Jerusalem is the CAPITOL of Israel.

PaceAdvantage
08-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Okay...are you offended or put off by the fact that the word 'Israel' was in one caption and wasn't in the other?

THEY CHOSE to not include it...ain't that their decision? It wasn't a big f***ing deal either way.
That's my point, and if the word had stayed in both photos i guarantee you i wouldn't give a crap either way.
Know why?...because it's not a big f***ing deal, no matter how f***ing big some folks wanna f***ing make it.Why are you so ****ing obsessed with the ****ing word ****?

Rookies
08-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Why are you so ****ing obsessed with the ****ing word ****?

And here, I thought the 'd****' word was one of the 7 dirty words here...:D Oh well, carry on... or not... with these guttery red herrings...:lol:

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2011, 07:12 PM
And here, I thought the 'd****' word was one of the 7 dirty words here...:D Oh well, carry on... or not... with these guttery red herrings...:lol:Shouldn't you be busying yourself with ignoring my insightful comments and questions as usual?

Tom
08-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Sounds like Rookies drank the waters at Toga - a bit more feisty than normal. Those waters will do that to you! ;):D