PDA

View Full Version : Repub debate

Tom
08-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Who was more pathetic, the candidates or the moderators?
The only thing I saw impressive was Newt telling Chris Wallace where to shove his moronic questions. Wallace was an embarrassment to journalism.

I gotta say, Fox News showed how totally irrelevant the MSM has become.
Left shoe, right shoe, CNN, FOX.

Oh well, now we know where all those kids who rode the little buses went to work.

DJofSD
08-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Oh well, now we know where all those kids who rode the little buses went to work.
:lol:

BlueShoe
08-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Got home from the track just as they were starting, but deliberately avoided them. Way too soon to pay serious attention. Let the also rans and fringe contenders drop out. Next year when we get into the primaries will be soon enough to focus, in the meantime will skip most of the hot air and bs. When a candidate is finally selected, then we settle down and work very hard to remove the worst president in our history and make him a one term failure.

ArlJim78
08-12-2011, 11:07 AM
is there anything more boring and banal than these presidential debates?

Mike at A+
08-12-2011, 11:19 AM
An Obama speech.

ArlJim78
08-12-2011, 11:27 AM
oh that's a given, an Obama speech requires electroshock therapy afterwards, or two bottles of Jack Daniels.

Tom
08-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I keep a pit viper in a basket by my Lazy Boy and hold it next to my throat every time I hear Barry speak.

Actor
08-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I gotta say, Fox News showed how totally irrelevant the MSM has become.I googled MSM and got:

methylsulfonylmethane
Manhattan School of Music
Morehouse School of Medicine

:confused:

BlueShoe
08-12-2011, 12:42 PM
An Obama speech.
As long as my remote still works am safe. Not the mute button, the channel changer or the on/off one. Have not listened to one of his speeches in their entirety in two years. When he gives his speech conceding defeat on election night 2012, that one I will listen in on.

DJofSD
08-12-2011, 12:45 PM
As long as my remote still works am safe. Not the mute button, the channel changer or the on/off one. Have not listened to one of his speeches in their entirety in two years. When he gives his speech conceding defeat on election night 2012, that one I will listen in on.
That would be right up there with an announcement I remember watching on March 31, 1968.

FantasticDan
08-12-2011, 12:58 PM
How typical is this.. a thread about the repub candidates, but all the righties can muster is a circle jerk of Obama bashing :lol: :lol:

And now Obama's a terrible speaker? Gee, I thought the only reason he got elected was that he hyp-no-tized the electorate with his oratory skills.. :eek: :eek: :D

Mike at A+
08-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Oh his oratory skills are excellent. Unfortunately the words are empty. No ideas, no comittments, no substance. Just ideological, free flowing bullshit encased in semi-fancy verbiage meant to impress people who are already inclined to fall for bumper sticker lingo.

As for the debate, anyone on that stage and 90% of the people in the audience are better qualified to be president. As for the other 10%, they don't qualify because they've misplaced their birth certificates.

Tom
08-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Hitler got to the top the same way.
Only he didn't use a teleprompter.

The target audiences of both Hitler and Obama were the same. The worse the economy gets, the more Obama will paly to it, just as Adolf did - and Obama is using the rich and corporations instead of the Jews.

But the same methodology.

sonnyp
08-12-2011, 01:46 PM
actually, gingrinch got my attention. he's been there, done that and is far enough along where he doesn't seem to be in the mood to deal with all the b/s and games. he has some specific ideas and i liked his attitude especially after listening to a do nothing obama.

mostpost
08-12-2011, 01:51 PM
That would be right up there with an announcement I remember watching on March 31, 1968.
The day LBJ announced his decision not to seek reelection. In case any of you were wondering, or thinking of something else.

canleakid
08-12-2011, 02:32 PM
JMHO :rolleyes:

Pawlenty & Bachmann same old stuff "he said, she said" both are toast ;)
Santorum :sleeping: :sleeping:
Jon Huntsman too liberal for most gop types
Herman Cain no track record
Newt Gingrich same old bs nothing new from Newt
Ron Paul a few good ideas but still scary to most :eek:
Mitt Romney bob and weave not much damage still #1

The big winners Palin and Perry just waiting to make their move :cool:

heck most of the above could post their stuff here and be right at home :faint:

lsbets
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I was actually glad that they asked tough "gotcha" questions. Whoever gets the nomination needs to be able to handle the heat, because the most important thing is that they can handle it and beat Obama. Realistically speaking, it is going to come down to a choice of Romney or Perry, neither of whom excites me, but either of whom would be an exponential improvement on the incompetent fool in the White House now.

I can't believe people were upset about the question to Bachmann regarding her statement that she is a submissive wife. It is pretty important for people to know what drives a candidates thought process, and I thought she handled the question well. I think she's batshit crazy, and a big government social conservative, but she handled the question well.

Santorum cracked me up. Basically saying yeah the 10th amendment is cool, unless we want to go inside people's houses and bedrooms, then the federal government has unlimited power and we must use it.

Its a damn shame Johnson hasn't run any kind of a credible campaign. I would actually get off my ass and volunteer for the guy. He believes in small government, has a record to prove it, and doesn't come off as the crazy Uncle everyone snickers at after Thanksgiving dinner like Ron Paul does. Low taxes, low spending, less bureaucracy, greater personal freedom, the guy is great. But his campaign has been horrible.

Tom
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
You betcha! ;)

Sugar Ron
08-12-2011, 02:57 PM
JMHO :rolleyes:

Pawlenty & Bachmann same old stuff "he said, she said" both are toast ;)
Santorum :sleeping: :sleeping:
Jon Huntsman too liberal for most gop types
Herman Cain no track record
Newt Gingrich same old bs nothing new from Newt
Ron Paul a few good ideas but still scary to most :eek:
Mitt Romney bob and weave not much damage still #1

The big winners Palin and Perry just waiting to make their move :cool:

heck most of the above could post their stuff here and be right at home :faint:

Wow ... what a crew.............

Actually, the 'big winner' is ... BO. :cool:

bigmack
08-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Actually, the 'big winner' is ... BO. :cool:
Wanna bet, troll?

Greyfox
08-12-2011, 03:36 PM
I watched America's Got Talent the other evening.
It was a chance for youtube picks to do their thing.
Last year Jackie Ewanko came out of the youtubes search.
She's the young girl who now has her own record out.
In comparison, this year's group was next to dreadful.
Yet the next evening 4 of this group were picked to go to the Semi-finals.
In contrast to previous acts that I had seen on the show, the youtube group of winners doesn't stand at chance.
So what's all this got to do with the Repubs and Obama?
Lots I say.
I think that the top Republican acts are running from the Presidency, not for it. As a result, the group that's available so far, is giving Obama, lousy as he is, a fair chance to succeed.
If the Republicans are to unseat this guy, they'll have to come up with stronger candidates than these. Who knows how much more damage he can do if allowed to serve another term?

ArlJim78
08-12-2011, 03:58 PM
either of the likely nominees, Perry or Romney, will wipe the floor with Obama.

BlueShoe
08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
The big winners Palin and Perry just waiting to make their move
When Perry jumps in he will fall into either the frontrunner role or a close second to Romney. Palin is not going to run, Johnson is a younger version of Ron Paul, Christie keeps insisting that he is not interested. That still leaves an unpredictable Donald Trump, who has stated that he might get back in the race. Stay tuned, it is a year and a couple of weeks until the Tampa convention.

boxcar
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM

Especially when they're all rigged! Giving each candidate only 60 seconds to answer a question gives the electorate no opportunity to find out if any of them have any depth. The entire "debate" system is farcical. The biased MM gets to essentially keep the public in the dark, while selectively choosing softball and hardball questions for Liberals and all others, respectively.

Boxcar

canleakid
08-12-2011, 04:17 PM
trump :D heck is a BIGGER JOKE then you know who :D :confused: :D
da Don's biggest job is to prove "that is one born every minute" :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
08-12-2011, 06:21 PM

The target audiences of both Hitler and Obama were the same. The worse the economy gets, the more Obama will paly to it, just as Adolf did - and Obama is using the rich and corporations instead of the Jews.

What a pathetic effort on your part to discredit Obama. :sleeping:

Not to worry. Soon enough somebody will praise your sense of humor. :jump:

boxcar
08-12-2011, 06:24 PM

You should be hoping for someone to praise BO for all the Hope and Change he has given us.

Boxcar

riskman
08-12-2011, 06:30 PM

Yes, an Obama press conference.

Rookies
08-12-2011, 06:36 PM

Funny... I was just waiting for the second Nazi, Der Sturmer shoe to drop on the economy crashing thread. You know, it's ALL the fault of the low income blacks for seeking house mortgages- never, ever the capitalist banks... but of course, the Jews must have been the Mens Rea of the banks, right ? :lol:

fast4522
08-12-2011, 09:15 PM

There is no need to discredit Obama, just cut funding and watch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

porchy44
08-12-2011, 09:18 PM

Actually thats a fear of mine for this country. The gap between the rich and poor is has tripled in 30 years. I worry that the gap can become so big ( or times will become so bad) that people will want to blame someone, thus some people would want to follow another lunatic like Hitler.

fast4522
08-12-2011, 09:28 PM
I am thankful that there are Americans willing to participate in our political process. It can be said that I do not hate government, but just believe in smaller government. So until a nominee has been selected by the people I am eager to listen to all of them with better than average attention while cutting all of them some slack.

Mike at A+
08-12-2011, 09:47 PM
One of the major reasons why the "gap" between rich and poor has increased over the years is that the rich are generally smarter and able to adapt to changing economic conditions. The old adage "money goes to money" is true and people who haven't put in the effort to improve themselves get worse and worse through their generations. The children become used to the entitlements they see their parents get and look forward to the day when they can get their own entitlements. It becomes a way of life. The public school system is chock full of troublemakers who have no interest in learning and prefer the gang culture and drugs. The rich set higher standards for their children and generally they do much better in school and in the business world. It's sad but true and there are no entitlements on earth that will bridge that gap short of outright handouts which simply breed more failure.

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Funny... I was just waiting for the second Nazi, Der Sturmer shoe to drop on the economy crashing thread. You know, it's ALL the fault of the low income blacks for seeking house mortgages- never, ever the capitalist banks... but of course, the Jews must have been the Mens Rea of the banks, right ? :lol:Wow.

Nobody ever said it was the fault of low income blacks for seeking house mortgages. What was said was that it was the fault of a certain political mindset (you can guess which one) for allowing and encouraging everything to get out of control, all in the name of affordable low income housing.

Here's a hint...Mr Barney Frank claiming in 2003 that there is NOTHING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH FANNIE MAE OR FREDDIE MAC. There is no crisis... :lol:

And that guy was rewarded for such buffoonery with a chairmanship... :lol: :lol:

''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''Those powerful Democrats were such visionaries, weren't they Rookies?

Saratoga_Mike
08-12-2011, 10:28 PM
..and Franklin Raines can still be seen out at the finest restaurants in G'town on many a weekend night.

mostpost
08-12-2011, 11:45 PM
One of the major reasons why the "gap" between rich and poor has increased over the years is that the rich are generally smarter and able to adapt to changing economic conditions. The old adage "money goes to money" is true and people who haven't put in the effort to improve themselves get worse and worse through their generations. The children become used to the entitlements they see their parents get and look forward to the day when they can get their own entitlements. It becomes a way of life. The public school system is chock full of troublemakers who have no interest in learning and prefer the gang culture and drugs. The rich set higher standards for their children and generally they do much better in school and in the business world. It's sad but true and there are no entitlements on earth that will bridge that gap short of outright handouts which simply breed more failure.

You continue to amaze me. That is not a compliment. I believe you are richer than me. I know you are not smarter. Nor do I think the richer a person is the smarter he is. Mitt Romney is worth $190M. Nothing he has ever said has indicated to me that he is smart. James Inhofe the Senator from Oklahoma is worth between 2 and 9 million. in an IQ contest he would be defeated by a box of rocks.

You don't have to be smart to be rich. You can get rich by winning the lucky sperm contest. You can get rich by cheating and stealing. You can get rich by knowing the right politicians. Being rich does not mean you are smarter. Being rich does not mean you are morally superior. Now you can get rich while being honest and hardworking and smart, but you can be all of those things and never be rich.

Your idea that poor people are poor because they are just waiting to inherit their parents entitlements is beyond belief. No person wants to continue to live in a crime ridden neighborhood, in a one bedroom apartment with seven or eight other people. No person thinks that surviving on $300 a month is a good way to live.

Yet you somehow think that there is a whole class of people which enjoys such a life and even looks forward to it. A class which is inferior to you, be they black or white or Hispanic or whatever.

More and more the gap between rich and poor is growing. A person born into a particular socio-economic class has very little chance of moving into a higher class. The lower the class you are born into, the less chance you have.

A poor person has little chance of getting a decent education now and will have even less chance if the campaign to destroy public education succeeds.
That of course is the whole idea. To establish an educational system in which the elite have full access and the the poor have none. The class war has begun and the elite are carpet bombing the poor.

mostpost
08-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Wow.

Nobody ever said it was the fault of low income blacks for seeking house mortgages. What was said was that it was the fault of a certain political mindset (you can guess which one) for allowing and encouraging everything to get out of control, all in the name of affordable low income housing.

Here's a hint...Mr Barney Frank claiming in 2003 that there is NOTHING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH FANNIE MAE OR FREDDIE MAC. There is no crisis... :lol:

And that guy was rewarded for such buffoonery with a chairmanship... :lol: :lol:

Those powerful Democrats were such visionaries, weren't they Rookies?

Here's a hint for you. There was legislation introduced to change the regulation of Freddie and Fannie. The republicans had majorities in both houses. Frank spoke out against it, but he had no power to stop it. The legislation never got out of committee. Why? Could it be because too many Republicans were making too much money on derivatives?

Robert Goren
08-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Here's a hint for you. There was legislation introduced to change the regulation of Freddie and Fannie. The republicans had majorities in both houses. Frank spoke out against it, but he had no power to stop it. The legislation never got out of committee. Why? Could it be because too many Republicans were making too much money on derivatives?It is easier to blame Frank than it is for republicans to take credit for the mess their limited government regulation created. Of course republicans never let the facts get in the way of chance to bash a democrat they don't like. The plain truth of the matter is that in the house if you don't belong to the majority party, you have no power. In the senate because the filibuster rule, things are a little more complicated, but even there it is very hard for a member of minority to do anything major. The minority party if it has 41 votes can block legislation, not pass. And then only if they can get all its members to agree.

Tom
08-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Actually thats a fear of mine for this country. The gap between the rich and poor is has tripled in 30 years. I worry that the gap can become so big ( or times will become so bad) that people will want to blame someone, thus some people would want to follow another lunatic like Hitler.

I agree. The Nazi reference is VERY appropriate at this stage. Not the death camp era, but the beginning, and the tools Hitler used. Obama comes closer to 1930 Hitler than any American president.

I think the repubs better wake up soon. We need a Gandalf The White and they serve us Tom Bombadil.

Ron Paul might be a very important man in the campaign - he is so right on some topics and so wrong on others, but that and his personality would force a real debate of issues with others. Even when I think he is wrong, at least he offers ideas that force one to think deeper.

We need voters who are semi-inteligent and actually think from time to time. If we get those out to vote, Obama is done.

The myths about our country need to be publicized and debated and exposed to sunlight.

And it would not hurt to get a few actual intelligent moderators instead of the clowns we have had the last few elections. New rule - NO ONE from MSM is allowed anywhere near a debate podium.

Tom
08-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Sadly, Bobby, you are correct. The House no longer represents the American people. It's ONLY function is to facilitate bribes from lobbyists and serve the party in control. We need to clean house and vote out every single roach that sits in it, no exceptions. No person is fit enough to serve more than one term. Never has been one, never will one.

And political parties must be banned.

fast4522
08-13-2011, 11:14 AM
It is easier to blame Frank than it is for republicans to take credit for the mess their limited government regulation created. Of course republicans never let the facts get in the way of chance to bash a democrat they don't like. The plain truth of the matter is that in the house if you don't belong to the majority party, you have no power. In the senate because the filibuster rule, things are a little more complicated, but even there it is very hard for a member of minority to do anything major. The minority party if it has 41 votes can block legislation, not pass. And then only if they can get all its members to agree.

Interesting what ALG thinks about Barney!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1kKb3uPNXs

ElKabong
08-13-2011, 02:15 PM
quote of the night was from Cain, answering another stupid gotcha question from Chris Wallace...."America needs to learn how to take a joke".

First time I've ever laughed at the teevee over a comment by a politician. Both true and funny

ElKabong
08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Sadly, Bobby, you are correct. The House no longer represents the American people. It's ONLY function is to facilitate bribes from lobbyists and serve the party in control.
And political parties must be banned.

Absolutely correct. It's the way the game is set up, the way the game is played. Lobbyists pay for strategy, the water carriers (sens and congress) do the dirty work. The system has to be fixed. One or two term limits need to be in place.

Look at McConnell's net worth today vs when he went to DC.....disgusting....and he's not even the worst example of this. Both party's are rotten to the core

fast4522
08-13-2011, 02:28 PM
When you talk about way game is setup or played, maybe to breakup the day you have to post one for Ralph.

Greyfox
08-13-2011, 03:06 PM
I agree. The Nazi reference is VERY appropriate at this stage. Not the death camp era, but the beginning, and the tools Hitler used. Obama comes closer to 1930 Hitler than any American president.

You're a pretty bright guy Tom, but your credibility sinks with that one.
He's a lousy President, a pie-in-the-sky dreamer and schemer, but whatever he is, he's a long ways from that nefarious maniac Hitler.
I see him more as having access to the rhetoric of a Churchill and the back bone of Chicken Little. Simply stated, he's risen to his level of incompetency.

Tom
08-13-2011, 03:15 PM
You're a pretty bright guy Tom, but your credibility sinks with that one.
He's a lousy President, a pie-in-the-sky dreamer and schemer, but whatever he is, he's a long ways from that nefarious maniac Hitler.
I see him more as having access to the rhetoric of a Churchill and the back bone of Chicken Little. Simply stated, he's risen to his level of incompetency.

You obviosly did not read the post very carefully.
Who was Hitler in 1930?
What had he done by 1930.

He preyed on the fears of the people, he found scapegoats for everything, he got people all riled up with speeches.

Greyfox
08-13-2011, 03:22 PM
You obviosly did not read the post very carefully.
Who was Hitler in 1930?
What had he done by 1930.

He preyed on the fears of the people, he found scapegoats for everything, he got people all riled up with speeches.

I read the post. This one adds more clarity to what you are saying and makes more sense.
But there are a lot of pols who are doing the same.
Hitler was in a league of his own. Obama ain't. He's an incompetent.

fast4522
08-13-2011, 03:29 PM
And both would not have had any traction politically without the same types of backers.

Tom
08-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I read the post. This one adds more clarity to what you are saying and makes more sense.
But there are a lot of pols who are doing the same.
Hitler was in a league of his own. Obama ain't. He's an incompetent.

I beg to differ, but he used it and got elected.

PaceAdvantage
08-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Here's a hint for you. There was legislation introduced to change the regulation of Freddie and Fannie. The republicans had majorities in both houses. Frank spoke out against it, but he had no power to stop it. The legislation never got out of committee. Why? Could it be because too many Republicans were making too much money on derivatives?The Dems had FOUR YEARS of majority in both houses AND TWO YEARS with a majority in both houses AND a Dem Prez.

What have they done to turn the economy around, and why hasn't it worked?

Don't play the "MAJORITY GAME" with me, because you will lose in spades when the numbers are added...

Tom
08-14-2011, 11:19 AM
And where are the jobs and the recovery that the stimulus bill was SUPPOSED to provide????

DJofSD
08-14-2011, 11:31 AM
They went on vacation too.

Overlay
08-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I googled MSM and got:

methylsulfonylmethane
Manhattan School of Music
Morehouse School of Medicine

:confused:
mainstream media

Greyfox
08-14-2011, 11:57 AM
And where are the jobs and the recovery that the stimulus bill was SUPPOSED to provide????

Obama's teleprompter actually said "The shovel's ready for jobs."
He read it as "shovel ready jobs.
This guy marched into Washington promising "Change We Can Believe In."
He hasn't even been able to stimulate jobs in his home constituency of Chicago far less the rest of America. One company in Chicago posted a job for a Quality Assurance technician. It had 500 applicants.
Chicago's unemployment rate is now 10.2 %.
The U.S. Labour Department admits that for every job opening in America there are 4.5 people looking for work. Seven percent of the labor foce have given up looking for work all together.
A fruit seller set off the Mid East Spring - the riots that went through Tunisia,
Egypt, Libya, and Behrain. Disenfranchised youths rioted in Britain when David Cameron recently invoked some financial cuts.
How much of a spark do you think it would take to ignite these frightening mob behaviors in the tinderbox that is brewing in places like Chicago?
Obama had promised these people the moon, they stupidly believed him.
Unfortunately, if the Republicans don't come up with a solid candidate,
the worst is yet to come.

Tom
08-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh, THAT Barack OBama!

canleakid
08-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Results: of the Iowa straw poll
1. Michele Bachmann (home cooking!!!)
2. Ron Paul ( missed the win by - this much)
3. Tim Pawlenty (gave up and is OUT)

the rest :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

fast4522
08-14-2011, 05:46 PM
The real question is who has the most wishful thinking.

porchy44
08-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Results: of the Iowa straw poll
1. Michele Bachmann (home cooking!!!)
2. Ron Paul ( missed the win by - this much)
3. Tim Pawlenty (gave up and is OUT)

the rest :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Knowing how "FICKLE" people are, who would possibly pay any attention (other than the media) to any presidential election polls now.

bigmack
08-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Williard "Mitt" Romney is in full pull-string mode, saying just enough to stay out of trouble. This guy is heartbeat away from being a Ken doll.

Say hello to the next POTUS.

http://itchmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/mitt-romney-wagon.jpg

Robert Goren
08-14-2011, 06:45 PM
The Dems had FOUR YEARS of majority in both houses AND TWO YEARS with a majority in both houses AND a Dem Prez.

What have they done to turn the economy around, and why hasn't it worked?

Don't play the "MAJORITY GAME" with me, because you will lose in spades when the numbers are added...They have stopped it from getting worse. That was no small feat considering that almost every large bank was ready to go under. Even you have to admit things are little better now than in March of 2009. Are they what I would like? No, but things could be a lot worse and they would have been if they hadn't acted. Despite the recent stock market dive, the retail sale numbers for the second quarter were up. That is a good sign. People are beginning to spend again. That is what drives this ecomony.

Tom
08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
There are no good signs until we create jobs.
Obama's policies will NEVER create real jobs.

But then, his policies are not meant to create jobs.

PaceAdvantage
08-15-2011, 01:11 AM
They have stopped it from getting worse. That was no small feat considering that almost every large bank was ready to go under. Even you have to admit things are little better now than in March of 2009.Better how? Employment? Housing Market? Price of Gas?

Better how?

JustRalph
08-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Better how? Employment? Housing Market? Price of Gas?

Better how?

and after you are done with that question, try this one.

If you are a black male in the 25% Unemployment group........how is it better?

and who is going to give you a job?

Get your tap shoes out..............

ArlJim78
08-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Better how? Employment? Housing Market? Price of Gas?

Better how?
we spend more on food stamps and unemployment benefits, so I think that means we're a greater nation now. at least that is what hcap keeps telling us.