PDA

View Full Version : Hefty "speeding" fine at The Meadows....

LottaKash
08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
I was perusing the "Penalty Box" at The Meadows today and ran across this:

Jessica Ketter...

Fined $300 - Suspended; Conditional/Probationary - 367 day....:eek:

Repeatedly speeding in the barn area and using profanity towards a security gurard...8/3/11

best,

melman
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Lotta---Some things never change. Used to have that sort of thing ALL the time at the old Liberty Bell Park. Only they were more than just speeding they were drunk also. Fines were handed out on an almost daily basis. Remember this was at a time when "the Bell" was big time and the "boys" had lots of cash. :lol: But 367 days? must be a lot of that probation time.

LottaKash
08-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Lotta---Some things never change. Used to have that sort of thing ALL the time at the old Liberty Bell Park. Only they were more than just speeding they were drunk also. Fines were handed out on an almost daily basis. Remember this was at a time when "the Bell" was big time and the "boys" had lots of cash. :lol: But 367 days? must be a lot of that probation time.

Mel, I remember the Liberty Bell / Brandywine circuit very well, and with great fondness of the memories there....I paddocked a horse or two there, way back when, and you are so right...Maybe back then you were talking about me and my young cohorts....:D

best,

sonnyp
08-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Mel, I remember the Liberty Bell / Brandywine circuit very well, and with great fondness of the memories there....I paddocked a horse or two there, way back when, and you are so right...Maybe back then you were talking about me and my young cohorts....:D

best,

one of my favorite guys drove that circuit. he'd be standing with his back leaning against the paddock building with one foot on the ground and the other propted up against the wall. he'd have his whip in one hand and a butt in the other and a smirk on his face.

he's been gone now for quite a while, but i always enjoyed a laugh with ross hayter.

LottaKash
08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
one of my favorite guys drove that circuit. he'd be standing with his back leaning against the paddock building with one foot on the ground and the other propted up against the wall. he'd have his whip in one hand and a butt in the other and a smirk on his face.

he's been gone now for quite a while, but i always enjoyed a laugh with ross hayter.

Sonny, I remember Ross Hayter, I didn't know him well or anything, but we did swap howzitgoin's a time or two...The ciggy and the smirk, yeah...

best,