PDA

View Full Version : DMR wants me!

DJofSD
08-11-2011, 10:26 AM
At least badly enough they'll comp me for parking, general admission and a copy of the DRF on Sunday.

We'll see. I will consider it only if there is at least two bet-worthy races. SAR or DMR. If not, I will yield to the siren's call of the golf course.

statepierback
08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
I got the same offer. Passing, just too far of a drive for me. I've been on track once at Del Mar and it was nice. Still I await the reduction in takeout in the fall to begin my next on track visit.

Fingal
08-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Me too.

Don't need parking as I take the train & free shuttle.
Don't need General Admission, I have a Clubhouse pass.
Don't need a DRF, Bris is better.

Props to DMR for trying, but for me the offer doesn't work. Now if they want to comp the entire amount or at least part of my train ticket, I may get off the couch.

DJofSD
08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Clubhouse pass for me is Diamond Club membership for the discount on admission.

If DMR was really, really interested in making things right, they'd do two things: let people park behind Bing Crosby Hall, and, get rid of the additional restrictions they've put into place for access to the clubhouse side of the walking right.

While both of these are seemingly nit-picking, they just rub me entirely the wrong way. Perhaps I am getting older and set in my ways, but I don't care. For me it is these little insults that have added up to an "I don't care about spending $15 and at least two hours of my time to attend live racing any more."