PDA

View Full Version : The BO's on Vacation- AGAIN

cj's dad
08-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I guess this is all a part of that "shared sacrifice" we keep hearing about.

snip> So, now comes word that after two of the worst weeks of stock market performance in the century, including a downgrade of America’s sterling credit, Obama is off to Martha’s Vineyard for nine days with the family, playing golf and doing whatever else you do on the seashore.<snip

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2011/08/11/just_in_time,_another_obama_nine-day_vacation

DJofSD
08-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Where Wall Street works and plays.

Can you say re-election fund raising?

Tom
08-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't there a few here who used to post all the time about Bush going on vacations?

Funny they post no more.

DJofSD
08-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't there a few here who used to post all the time about Bush going on vacations?

Funny they post no more.
Tom, what do you expect when the shoe is on the other foot? They're a bunch of hypocrits and they're just being true to their nature.

GaryG
08-11-2011, 10:50 AM

Funny they post no more.They were the same ones who (gleefully) kept a running count of the war dead. Maybe Barry Hussein will see a few typical white people on his vacation.

Sugar Ron
08-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Well deserved after having to deal with those reckless con children in Congress the last couple months...

Tom
08-11-2011, 11:26 AM
They were the same ones who (gleefully) kept a running count of the war dead. Maybe Barry Hussein will see a few typical white people on his vacation.

I humbly suggest that he visit London for his vacation.

Tom
08-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Well deserved after having to deal with those reckless con children in Congress the last couple months...

Deal with?
He was pretty much missing in action the whole time.
Never offered a single cut, never showed leadership, never listened to the specific waring by S&P......so I guess you are right, he is worn out from all that side-stepping, ducking, shirking, flipping, back-stepping, back-stabbing, tossing out idle threats, and walking out of meetings.

You da man, Sugar Foot. :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Were there? Find me some of those posts, wouldya? Seriously, I tried.

lsbets
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM
We are all better off the farther away from DC Obama stays.

Tom
08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Were there? Find me some of those posts, wouldya? Seriously, I tried.

Probably search under hcap or Secretariat for starters.

HUSKER55
08-11-2011, 11:55 AM
c'mon guys and girls. BO has got to run and hide somewhere. His ass hurts from the wupping he got in DC from Boehner.

ya know, there is no way sarah or michell could have done any worse.

I hate to believe in conspiracy theories but this guy is giving me cause to wonder. I could do better. If that does not cure your constipation then you really need to see a doctor.

:D

illinoisbred
08-11-2011, 12:30 PM
c'mon guys and girls. BO has got to run and hide somewhere. His ass hurts from the wupping he got in DC from Boehner.

ya know, there is no way sarah or michell could have done any worse.

I hate to believe in conspiracy theories but this guy is giving me cause to wonder. I could do better. If that does not cure your constipation then you really need to see a doctor.

:D
Husker55..I don't know you,but yes, I do believe you could do better. Come to think of it, those that voted for Obama didn't really know anything about him either.

mostpost
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM

Funny they post no more.

Maybe that's because Bush is no longer President. Thank God! Maybe we don't post about Obama's vacation time because it's not an issue. At the same point in his presidency Bush had spent 102 days on vacation and 123 days at Camp David. That is a total of 225 days,

By comparison Obama has spent 38 days on vacation and 32 days at Camp David. That is a total of 70 days Less than one third of the time spent by Bush. I guess the real question would be; since you guys are so concerned about the amount of time a president spends on vacation, why were you not posting about George W, Bush's extensive vacation time.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20014132-503544.html

Sugar Ron
08-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Sure hope Teary Eyes Boehner is getting some serious r & r too.

Poor guy really got manhandled by those radical 'baggers the last few weeks...

rastajenk
08-11-2011, 12:51 PM
So going home to his ranch in Texas counts as "vacation" for Bush? :confused:

Tom
08-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Did you see that, mosite?
Look over there......it was anther point.

Oops. Never mind, it's gone.

JBmadera
08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I've got to be honest, the further away the bo's are from Washington the better, an extended trip back to Kenya would be best.

Robert Goren
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
The tea partiers are on vacation too.

GaryG
08-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I just love the way that the Tea Party has gotten under the skin and into the psyche of liberals. The Tea Party is the voice of the American Patriot and will be an even bigger force in 2012.

Tom
08-11-2011, 01:29 PM
And it is not on vaca...it is home, preparing to open up a can of whup-ass on the powers that be. They are going to pour tea all over DC and then show up and walk that mud hole dry. And that's the bottom line. :D

cj's dad
08-11-2011, 01:44 PM
The tea partiers are on vacation too.

Seems like a few stayed behind to piss on Obama's recess appointments.

"No soup for you"

Snip> "In an effort to block President Obama from making recess appointments—which the Constitution allows presidents to do—Congressional Republicans have kept Congress technically in session."

http://www.propublica.org/blog/item/while-on-summer-recess-congress-blocks-recess-appointments

Sugar Ron
08-11-2011, 01:44 PM
LOL

Tea Party approval ratings are dropping faster than Uncle Mo's dung.

Mike at A+
08-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Turn up the speakers and make sure the kids aren't around ...

Felonious Munk on the Debt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmZ9zH-mYM&feature=youtu.be)

riskman
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
he is worn out from all that side-stepping, ducking, shirking, flipping, back-stepping

Who would have guessed that the Electric Slide would come in so handy during the debt ceiling
negotiations. Now that BO is headed to Cape Cod, he may want to do a couple of sets of the Fish Tail dance.

LottaKash
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Turn up the speakers and make sure the kids aren't around ...

Felonious Munk on the Debt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmZ9zH-mYM&feature=youtu.be)

Funny one MAA+...He banged the hammer right on the nailhead tho...:ThmbUp:

mostpost
08-11-2011, 02:12 PM
So going home to his ranch in Texas counts as "vacation" for Bush? :confused:
YES!

DJofSD
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I need a little help here. How are we suppose to know when BO is taking a vacation? Is it where he sleeps that tells us? Whether his wife and kids are with him? The clothes he is wearing?

Unless there's some kind of obvious tell, I can't say whether he's on vacation or not. Maybe it's just a BO state of mind thing.

Tom
08-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Not sure about vacation, but he has been out to lunch for 2.5 years.
His awareness of reality rivals that of mostie! :lol:

TJDave
08-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Seems like a few stayed behind to piss on Obama's recess appointments.

"No soup for you"

Snip> "In an effort to block President Obama from making recess appointments—which the Constitution allows presidents to do—Congressional Republicans have kept Congress technically in session."

http://www.propublica.org/blog/item/while-on-summer-recess-congress-blocks-recess-appointments

Not that republicans are doing it but that any party would consider it.

This is an example of how far we've come as a nation. Parlor tricks by our elected representatives. Grownup fart jokes.

EVERY ONE OF THEM SHOULD GET FIRED!

Tom
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Not really, the recess appointment is the same trick.
The spirit of the option is not what we have been using it for, both sides.

The one thing our constitution never assumed is the total lack of character, ethics, and integrity of today's politician.

Our founding fathers never considered we could ever elect such dung-eaters as we do these days.

JustRalph
08-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Grownup fart jokes.

Leave Barney Frank out of this!!!

hcap
08-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I just love the way that the Tea Party has gotten under the skin and into the psyche of liberals. The Tea Party is the voice of the American Patriot and will be an even bigger force in 2012.Keep dreamin'

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1141410#post1141410

http://wamo.info/pa/110809_cnn.jpg

hcap
08-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Speaking of recess appointments. The worst ever made by any president....

http://bennyhills.fortunecity.com/elfman/77/ysguns2.gif

Aka....

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/197392/thumbs/s-CONSERVATIVES-large.jpg

wizard_of_odds
08-11-2011, 06:35 PM
LOL

Tea Party approval ratings are dropping faster than Uncle Mo's dung.

Sre glad there is no poop throwing :lol: :lol: :lol:

woodtoo
08-11-2011, 06:36 PM
A leader of mimes. Vacated mimes.

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2011, 08:02 PM
LOL

Tea Party approval ratings are dropping faster than Uncle Mo's dung.Not as fast as the President's however...Obama has been in nothing but a downtrend almost since day 1.

Why do you think that is Sugar Ron?

Mike at A+
08-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Leave Barney Frank out of this!!!
For once, Barney had something coming OUT of his butt.

boxcar
08-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Not as fast as the President's however...Obama has been in nothing but a downtrend almost since day 1.

'cause all the white people in America who didn't vote for him are racists. :D

Boxcar

newtothegame
08-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Maybe that's because Bush is no longer President. Thank God! Maybe we don't post about Obama's vacation time because it's not an issue. At the same point in his presidency Bush had spent 102 days on vacation and 123 days at Camp David. That is a total of 225 days,

By comparison Obama has spent 38 days on vacation and 32 days at Camp David. That is a total of 70 days Less than one third of the time spent by Bush. I guess the real question would be; since you guys are so concerned about the amount of time a president spends on vacation, why were you not posting about George W, Bush's extensive vacation time.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20014132-503544.html

LOL, NOW you see the light. You make the above referrence in why no longer posting about bush going on vacation....and your reasoning....."That's because Bush is no longer president."
Why is it you can see it now, yet when it comes to the economy that you, your lib friends, and your superhero Obama, can't see this little fact???
:lol:

hcap
08-12-2011, 03:20 AM
Not as fast as the President's however...Obama has been in nothing but a downtrend almost since day 1.

The Tea Party is the voice of the American Patriot and will be an even bigger force in 2012Don't count your chickens yet.
More from the CNN poll...

* Democrats lead Republicans in the generic ballot by 7 points (47-40).

* Democrats lead Republicans with critically important independent voters by 3 points (39-36).

* Independent voters overwhelming disapprove of the Republican Majority in the House (68 disapprove/20 approve).

* Speaker Boehner’s approval rating dropped 31 points since January (28-52).

Public Policy Polling’s conclusions: "...if there was an election today I think that they'd take back the House... There's little doubt that Democrats are winning the fallout of the debt debate... Last year independent voters were the driving factor behind the GOP retaking the House majority. Now they give it a 20/68 approval rating."

Tom
08-12-2011, 07:37 AM
A CNN poll is about as useful as long underwear in global warming.

hcap
08-12-2011, 07:51 AM
A CNN poll is about as useful as long underwear in global warming.
You gone and did it. You said "Global Warming"! :cool:

The Tea Party is losing ground. So is Obama. But 4 1/2 to 3 still wins it for him and the dems. Don't count your chickens yet, especially after last nights' earth shaking debate. Another gov from Texas ain't gonna do it for you either.

hcap
08-12-2011, 07:59 AM
I guess CNN is the "lone voice of sanity"?

"In a Fox News poll released Thursday, 51% said they had an unfavorable view of the tea-party movement, compared to 35% in September. Some 31% viewed the movement favorably in the new survey."

Robert Goren
08-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Not really, the recess appointment is the same trick.
The spirit of the option is not what we have been using it for, both sides.

The one thing our constitution never assumed is the total lack of character, ethics, and integrity of today's politician.

Our founding fathers never considered we could ever elect such dung-eaters as we do these days.They should have. They all knew Aaron Burr.

rastajenk
08-12-2011, 08:13 AM
True that. A bunch of them weren't exactly paragons of virtue, they just happened to be there at the right time, and get credit merely for that. They could have known. :) Have to go with Bridgemaster Goren over the big T on that one.

Tom
08-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Arron Burr would be a stand out of virtue today! :lol:

See, our FF had a checks and balance system in place for this kind of thing - it was called dueling! We should really bring that back! CSPAN pay-for-views!

GaryG
08-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Duels were not uncommon in those days. That is why the area around Franklin KY (Kentucky Downs) was so called. Fom the Keeneland website:

The name Dueling Grounds came from the history of the Samford Duncan farm, where the track was located. The farm, located in a slight corner of what is otherwise a perfectly straight Kentucky-Tennessee border, was the site of numerous duels in the 1800s. At the time, dueling was illegal in Tennessee but not in Kentucky. Sam Houston took part in a duel on the site. Dueling ended in 1827.

Also, Andrew Jackson fought in at least two duels in my region in what is now Unicoi County TN. The most famous, with Col. Robert Love, was over a horse race.

wisconsin
08-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Duels were not uncommon in those days. That is why the area around Franklin KY (Kentucky Downs) was so called. Fom the Keeneland website:

The name Dueling Grounds came from the history of the Samford Duncan farm, where the track was located. The farm, located in a slight corner of what is otherwise a perfectly straight Kentucky-Tennessee border, was the site of numerous duels in the 1800s. At the time, dueling was illegal in Tennessee but not in Kentucky. Sam Houston took part in a duel on the site. Dueling ended in 1827.

Also, Andrew Jackson fought in at least two duels in my region in what is now Unicoi County TN. The most famous, with Col. Robert Love, was over a horse race.

The track itself was called "Dueling Grounds" when it first opened.

JustRalph
08-12-2011, 11:03 AM

cool info. I was about to shoot some Stewards in New York Yesterday........... would that count as a duel ? :lol:

mostpost
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
cool info. I was about to shoot some Stewards in New York Yesterday........... would that count as a duel ? :lol:
I think they have to have a gun too. And the opportunity to use it.

Tom
08-12-2011, 02:32 PM

No, community service!

elysiantraveller
08-12-2011, 03:06 PM
They should have. They all knew Aaron Burr.

I'm always surprised at the "founding fathers" and our reverence of them. Sure historical greats from other societies are revered but ours are given this paternal title which is just plain weird. They were people, with a lot of flaws, who just so happen to win... the reverence they get puzzles me.

Hell part of the reason for the revolutionary war, at least in Virginia, was because wealthy plantation owners didn't want to pay their debts... :)

ArlJim78
08-12-2011, 03:16 PM
what our founding fathers set up here is pretty unique in world history.

elysiantraveller
08-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Egh... sorta...

American Exceptionalism is a weird argument in that no other society in history has benefitted from circumstance as well as we have.

mostpost
08-12-2011, 05:06 PM
LOL, NOW you see the light. You make the above referrence in why no longer posting about bush going on vacation....and your reasoning....."That's because Bush is no longer president."
Why is it you can see it now, yet when it comes to the economy that you, your lib friends, and your superhero Obama, can't see this little fact???
:lol:

In the case of how much vacation time Bush took. it was important then. Since he is no longer President it is no longer important. It is a completely different story on the economy. His policies are still having an effect on all of us. His tax cuts reduced the amount of revenue we would have collected during his term of office. His war in Iraq-totally unnecessary-increased the amount of money we spent. The failure to regulate the banks led directly to the bubble and burst we experienced in 2008.

You're going to say that Obama extended the Bush tax cuts and you would be correct. And I wish he hadn't done so. But that extension was for one year and does not change the fact that the cuts were made by Bush and did not create jobs and did add to the debt.

And if Obama did not get us out of Afghanistan and Iraq as rapidly as one would like, there would not have been an Iraq to get us out of had Bush not gotten us in.

mostpost
08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
They set up a "Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

Unique? Hardly.

List of Republics by Period

[edit]Antiquity
Doric Greek city-states of Crete[citation needed]
Carthage (c. 8th century BC- 146 BC)[citation needed]
Athens under the separate reforms of Solon and Cleisthenes.[citation needed]
Various Greek City-States under Athenian Influence: These loyalties and governments changed frequently, and in some instances were even under the influence of Sparta without succumbing to the adoption of the Oligarchy system
Licchavi Republic (c. 600 BC - 400 AD)[citation needed]
Roman Republic (c. 509 – 27 BC) and many other Italian cities.[citation needed]
Vaishali Republic (c. 600 BC - 400 AD)[citation needed]
Hastinapur - and some states of Ancient India
[edit]Middle Ages and Renaissance
San Marino (301 – present)[citation needed]
Amalfi (839 – 1131)[citation needed]
Venice (c. 9th century - 1797)[citation needed]
Iceland (930 – 1262)[citation needed]
Pisa (11th century – 1406, 1494–1509)[citation needed]
Genoa (c. 1100 - 1797)[citation needed]
Florence (1115 - 1537)[citation needed]
Novgorod (1136–1478)[1]
Lucca (1160–1805)
Siena (1167–1557)[citation needed]
Old Swiss Confederacy (1291 - 1798)
Ragusa (14th century – 1808)[citation needed]
Pskov (1348–1510)
Cospaia (1440 - 1826)
Ambrosian Republic (1447–1450)
Netherlands (1581–1795)
[edit]Early Modern
Goust (1648 - )
Commonwealth of England (1649–1660)[citation needed]
Corsican Republic (1755–1769)[2]
United States of America (1776–Present)
Vermont Republic (1777–1791)[3]
First French Republic (1792–1804)
Cisalpine Republic (1797-1802)
Helvetic Republic (1798–1802)
State of Muskogee (1799–1803)
[edit]19th Century
Italian Republic (1802-1805)
Swiss Confederation (1803–1815)
Confederation of the Rhine (1806–1813)
Haiti (1806–1849; restored 1859)[citation needed]
Duchy of Warsaw (1807–1813)
Free City of Danzig (1807–1814)
West Florida (1810)
Paraguay (1811–present)
Free City of Krakow (1815–1846)
Argentina (1810–present)
Chile (1818–present)
Colombia (1819–present)
Federal Republic of Central America (1823–1840)
Mexico (1824–present)
Peru (1824–present)
Bolivia (1825–present)
Uruguay (1828–present)
Venezuela (1830–present)
Ecuador (1830–present)
Republic of Texas (1836–1845)
Second French Republic (1848–1852)
California Republic (1846)
Menton and Roquebrune (1848–1861)
Roman Republic (1849)
Republic of Ezo (1868–1869)
Third French Republic (1871–1940)
Independent Republic of Motril (1873)[4]
Franceville (1889)[5]
Federative Republic of Brazil (1889–present)
Republic of Hawaii (1894–1898)
Republic of Formosa (1895)
Haringbayan ng Katagalugan (1896–1897)- literally means "Sovereign people of the Tagalogs" or simply means "Republic of the Philippines." Product of the 1896 Philippine revolution with Andres Bonifacio as president. Immediately dissolved and reorganized due to the Tejeros Convention of the Filipino revolutionaries and change into a gobierno revolucionario under Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo
Republica de Biak-na-Bato (1897)- de facto government of the Philippine revolutionary men under Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo, inaugurated on 1 November 1897 at San Miguel de Mayumo, Bulacan, Philippines
Republica Filipina (1898–1901)- not considered as pure, sovereign republic by the imperialist and newcomer superpowers but still historians believed that the Philippines was the First Asian Republic. Inaugurated on 23 January 1899 at the Barasoain Church, Malolos, Bulacan, Philippines, a. k. a. The Malolos Republic).
Greater Republic of Central America (1896–1898)
Republic of Acre (1st: 1899 - 1900; 2nd: 1900; 3rd: 1903)
Republic of Yucatán (1840–1843; 1848 )
First Spanish Republic (1873–1874)
[edit]20th Century and Later
Panama (est. 1903)
Portugal (est. 5 October 1910)
Azerbaijan (est. 18 May 1918, lost independence to Soviet Russia on 28 April 1920), first democratic parliamentary republic in the Muslim world
Commonwealth of the Philippines (1935–1946)
Second Spanish Republic (de jure: 1931–1939) (de facto: 1931-1975)
Fourth French Republic (1946–1958)
Indonesia (est. Aug 17th, 1945)
Italian Republic (since referendum on June 2nd 1946)
Republic of the Philippines (1946, fully independent from the United States of America, inaugurated on 4 July 1946)
Albania (est. 1946)[citation needed]
Ireland (est. 1949)[citation needed]
India (est. 1950)
Fifth French Republic (since 1958)
Algeria (est. 1962)[citation needed]
Singapore (est. 1965)
Afghanistan (est. 1973)[citation needed]
Nepal (est. 2008)
Zimbabwe
[edit]

elysiantraveller
08-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Was that really necessary...?

riskman
08-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Was that really necessary...?

Of course it was. You must know by now, that mostie is part of the intelligentsia.

Tom
08-13-2011, 11:15 AM
mosite developed a cure for intelligence, and takes it daily.
Looks like he just finished work on his new cure for class.

Hey mostie, now for your encore, go back to your list and notate all the global accomplishments each one has contribute to the betterment of the world.

And, please note each one that is smaller than South Dakota.

cj's dad
08-13-2011, 11:19 AM
mosite developed a cure for intelligence, and takes it daily.
Looks like he just finished work on his new cure for class.

Hey mostie, now for your encore, go back to your list and notate all the global accomplishments each one has contribute to the betterment of the world.

And, please note each one that is smaller than South Dakota.

Fer crissakes Tom, don't give him any ideas.

fast4522
08-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Obozo has shown he does like to party, vacations while small businessmen across our country go broke.

rastajenk
08-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Of all the goofy useless MostToasted posties, that one has to be the most goofy and useless one yet. And that's sayin' somethin'.

Tom
08-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Obama does the Electric Slide while the economy slides into the toilet.

The Obama School of Dance, featuring the forward limbo - "How low can you go?"

fast4522
08-13-2011, 12:07 PM
So the guy is not have his best week, More Tea Please!