PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Mayor telling marauding black youths “you have damaged your own race"!

andymays
08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/8/mayor-talks-tough-to-black-teens-after-flash-mobs/

Excerpt:

PHILADELPHIA — Mayor Michael A. Nutter, telling marauding black youths “you have damaged your own race,” imposed a tougher curfew Monday in response to the latest “flash mob” — spontaneous groups of teens who attack people at random on the streets of the city’s tourist and fashionable shopping districts.

“Take those God-darn hoodies down, especially in the summer,” Mr. Nutter, the city’s second black mayor, said in an angry lecture aimed at black teens. “Pull your pants up and buy a belt ‘cause no one wants to see your underwear or the crack of your butt.”

“If you walk into somebody’s office with your hair uncombed and a pick in the back, and your shoes untied, and your pants half down, tattoos up and down your arms and on your neck, and you wonder why somebody won’t hire you? They don’t hire you ‘cause you look like you’re crazy,” the mayor said. “You have damaged your own race.”

Saratoga_Mike
08-09-2011, 11:51 AM
so harsh!!! these "youth" were just out expressing themselves.

cj's dad
08-09-2011, 12:39 PM
From the article:

“The Immaculate Conception of our Lord Jesus Christ took place a long time ago, and it didn’t happen here in Philadelphia,” Mr. Nutter (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/michael-a-nutter/) said. “So every one of these kids has two parents who were around and participating at the time. They need to be around now.”

As Larry the cable guy would say,

"now that's funny, I don't care who you are"

boxcar
08-09-2011, 12:47 PM
From the article:

“The Immaculate Conception of our Lord Jesus Christ took place a long time ago, and it didn’t happen here in Philadelphia,” Mr. Nutter (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/michael-a-nutter/) said. “So every one of these kids has two parents who were around and participating at the time. They need to be around now.”

As Larry the cable guy would say,

"now that's funny, I don't care who you are"

I guess the "now" part wouldn't nearly be as much fun as it was when they were both around each other "participatin'".

Boxcar

skate
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM
This guy Nutters seems to me is very much in line for a higher calling.

They (phila) had to pick up l;ots of pieces left from the previous admin, god they were terrible...yep.

yeppers, i'd take Nutters over most any other political mate. including myself even.:cool:

did you see, about three/four weeks back, they had 22 people shot in Phila. during one weekend.? only one died, but Afgan/Iraq have nothing on these people.

Saratoga_Mike
08-09-2011, 05:29 PM
This guy Nutters seems to me is very much in line for a higher calling.
They (phila) had to pick up l;ots of pieces left from the previous admin, god they were terrible...yep.

yeppers, i'd take Nutters over most any other political mate. including myself even.:cool:

did you see, about three/four weeks back, they had 22 people shot in Phila. during one weekend.? only one died, but Afgan/Iraq have nothing on these people.

too bad the City Council is comprised of mainly idiots.

skate
08-09-2011, 08:14 PM
too bad the City Council is comprised of mainly idiots.

yeah most likely, i forgot about THEM...:bang:

i can guess that the local judges are just fine :rolleyes: also.

talk about slow death

Saratoga_Mike
08-09-2011, 08:33 PM
yeah most likely, i forgot about THEM...:bang:

i can guess that the local judges are just fine :rolleyes: also.

talk about slow death

You don't want to know....

Overlay
08-09-2011, 08:34 PM
From the article:

“The Immaculate Conception of our Lord Jesus Christ took place a long time ago, and it didn’t happen here in Philadelphia,” Mr. Nutter (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/michael-a-nutter/) said.

The mayor is confusing the Immaculate Conception with the Virgin Birth. The Immaculate Conception refers to the doctrine of Mary being without original sin from the moment of her conception by her parents, which is what made it possible (according to the doctrine) for her (as a virgin) to conceive and bear Jesus with no original sin in His human nature.

cj's dad
08-09-2011, 08:37 PM
The mayor is confusing the Immaculate Conception with the Virgin Birth. The Immaculate Conception refers to the doctrine of Mary being without original sin from the moment of her conception by her parents, which is what made it possible (according to the doctrine) for her (as a virgin) to conceive and bear Jesus with no original sin in His human nature.

TMI

skate
08-09-2011, 08:38 PM

never new that ..thanks.

Shemp Howard
08-09-2011, 08:40 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/8/mayor-talks-tough-to-black-teens-after-flash-mobs/

Excerpt:

PHILADELPHIA — Mayor Michael A. Nutter, telling marauding black youths “you have damaged your own race,” imposed a tougher curfew Monday in response to the latest “flash mob” — spontaneous groups of teens who attack people at random on the streets of the city’s tourist and fashionable shopping districts.

“Take those God-darn hoodies down, especially in the summer,” Mr. Nutter, the city’s second black mayor, said in an angry lecture aimed at black teens. “Pull your pants up and buy a belt ‘cause no one wants to see your underwear or the crack of your butt.”

“If you walk into somebody’s office with your hair uncombed and a pick in the back, and your shoes untied, and your pants half down, tattoos up and down your arms and on your neck, and you wonder why somebody won’t hire you? They don’t hire you ‘cause you look like you’re crazy,” the mayor said. “You have damaged your own race.”
Mayor Urkel is a credit to his race.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Hoorah Mayor Nutter! :ThmbUp: