PDA

View Full Version : Calculating Exotics or Place / Show

Track Phantom
08-09-2011, 02:53 AM
I was updating my new website and added a tools section. I uploaded a document that I created to help me track place and show will pays as well as other exotic will pays vs win parlays, etc. I use it all the time, especially if I am going to make a large place or show wager and want to know what it might pay. In addition, I use it in those rare cases where I am alive in a big pick 3 or pick 4 and I want to get an idea of what I might get back based on my estimated number of winning tickets, etc. Take a look and see if it's something you might use. If so, just download it to your desktop.

Just thought I'd share it with you in case you don't have something already to help you calculate these things. The instructions on how to use it or on the document.

Hopefully this can help you down the road.

Go to www.trackphantom.com (http://www.trackphantom.com) and click on the tools tab

speldedo
08-09-2011, 01:14 PM
The show pool one didn't seem to work when I put in $90,000 for horse A, $8,000 for horse B and $2,000 for horse C.

Track Phantom
08-09-2011, 05:26 PM
The show pool one didn't seem to work when I put in $90,000 for horse A, $8,000 for horse B and $2,000 for horse C.

Why doesnt it work? You need to add the total pool amount, too.

therussmeister
08-09-2011, 08:43 PM
The spreadsheet I made automatically downloads the pool totals from Supertote. I merely specify which horse I'm thinking of betting and it gives me minimum and maximum place and show prices. It also tells me how much I can bet into the show pool and still get my minimum acceptable price.

jldonah
08-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Very generous of you to contribute this to the community.