PDA

View Full Version : Benefit race for Larry L

pandy
08-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Meadowlands to host benefit for Larry Lederman on Saturday
Monday, August 08, 2011 - from the Meadowlands Media Relations Department

East Rutherford, NJ --- This Saturday (August 13), harness fans are encouraged to bet an extra $5 on the fifth race at Meadowlands Racetrack to help harness announcer Larry Lederman as he undergoes treatment for a malignant brain tumor.

The Meadowlands Racetrack and the Standardbred Breeders and Owners Association of New Jersey will donate all net profits from both on-track and simulcast wagering on the fifth race to help defray Lederman’s medical expenses.

Lederman’s quick wit and trademark baritone have made him a fan favorite at racetracks such as Garden State Park, Atlantic City and Freehold. He will call the fifth race Saturday night using his famous impersonations of other track announcers. Fans can vote for the race callers they would like to hear him impersonate on Meadowlands Racetrack's Facebook Fan Page or by e-mailing racing@thebigm.com. Lederman will sign autographs and pose for photos at the Kahuna Wedge Deck from 7-8 p.m.

A doo wop concert and classic car show are also on tap for Saturday night. Bill Haley's Comets ("Rock Around The Clock," "Shake Rattle and Roll") and The Rip Chords ("Hey Little Cobra") will perform beginning at 6 p.m. The concert is included in the $1 general admission fee.

I will post my picks and analysis for this race on my trotpicks website, on Paceadvantage on Friday, plus on my free picks at www.ustrotting.com on Saturday. But I'll post them here as early as possible Friday.

Pandy

lamboguy
08-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Meadowlands to host benefit for Larry Lederman on Saturday
Monday, August 08, 2011 - from the Meadowlands Media Relations Department

East Rutherford, NJ --- This Saturday (August 13), harness fans are encouraged to bet an extra $5 on the fifth race at Meadowlands Racetrack to help harness announcer Larry Lederman as he undergoes treatment for a malignant brain tumor.

The Meadowlands Racetrack and the Standardbred Breeders and Owners Association of New Jersey will donate all net profits from both on-track and simulcast wagering on the fifth race to help defray Lederman’s medical expenses.

Lederman’s quick wit and trademark baritone have made him a fan favorite at racetracks such as Garden State Park, Atlantic City and Freehold. He will call the fifth race Saturday night using his famous impersonations of other track announcers. Fans can vote for the race callers they would like to hear him impersonate on Meadowlands Racetrack's Facebook Fan Page or by e-mailing racing@thebigm.com. Lederman will sign autographs and pose for photos at the Kahuna Wedge Deck from 7-8 p.m.

A doo wop concert and classic car show are also on tap for Saturday night. Bill Haley's Comets ("Rock Around The Clock," "Shake Rattle and Roll") and The Rip Chords ("Hey Little Cobra") will perform beginning at 6 p.m. The concert is included in the $1 general admission fee.

I will post my picks and analysis for this race on my trotpicks website, on Paceadvantage on Friday, plus on my free picks at www.ustrotting.com on Saturday. But I'll post them here as early as possible Friday.

Pandyreal great guy, count me in

Ray2000
08-11-2011, 07:56 PM
One of Larry's finest... trying to pronounce, "Djerriwarrh A" with Steve Smith at Freehold Dec 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-CYycERZTU

I hope an extra Five (or more) on the 5th race Saturday shows up in the handle, it's a good cause.

pandy
08-12-2011, 09:33 AM
MEADOWLANDS, Saturday, August 13

RACE 5

5 SIR ZIGGY'S Z TAM 6-1
3 SCHOOLKIDS 8-5
2 LIL DUDE STARBUCK 2-1
8 WARNING ZONE 6-1

SIR ZIGGY'S Z TAM is a 3yo going against older horses here but recent efforts against some of the fastest 3yo's in the sport are respectable; gets a key driver change to Hall of Fame driver and may be a viable alternative to the obvious favorites...SCHOOLKIDS broke in the slop in last at Pocono but classy sort has been chasing some of the fastest horses in the sport and should be tough to beat off the key drop...LIL DUDE STARBUCK 10 year old ships in for Pena and had a tough trip in a quick race at Yonkers, picks up a top driver Jody Jameson and looms a big threat...WARNING ZONE steps back up while in good form.

LottaKash
08-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Didn't guest featured & feted race caller Larry Lederman do a nice job mimicking other race callers last nite.....I enjoyed the heck out of his calls...

Larry is "one of the best ever" to make a race call....He is always informative as well as entertaining with all of his calls, even with the cheapest of horses, and maybe more so, at that....

Larry, I wish you well with your upcoming surgery....I will be praying for a successful and speedy recovery of such....Count on me for that...

best,

lamboguy
08-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Didn't guest featured & feted race caller Larry Lederman do a nice job mimicking other race callers last nite.....I enjoyed the heck out of his calls...

Larry is "one of the best ever" to make a race call....He is always informative as well as entertaining with all of his calls, even with the cheapest of horses, and maybe more so, at that....

Larry, I wish you well with your upcoming surgery....I will be praying for a successful and speedy recovery of such....Count on me for that...

best,i am with you, the very same from the bottom of my heart.