PDA

View Full Version : RTN

magwell
08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Cant take anymore McCann bros now the St. Jude commercials thats enough HRTV for me, TVG has too many clowns, have to get RTN and see the live feeds, at least I will get to see more post parades and the warm ups to the gate......thats the last edge in the game anyway.

outofthebox
08-08-2011, 04:26 PM
The only way to go!!!

toussaud
08-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Cant take anymore McCann bros now the St. Jude commercials thats enough HRTV for me, TVG has too many clowns, have to get RTN and see the live feeds, at least I will get to see more post parades and the warm ups to the gate......thats the last edge in the game anyway.
rotfl mccann brothers

yeah that st jude commercial is a little bit too much. not exactly what i want to see when i'm gambling.

RaceBookJoe
08-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Do a search here, there is a long RTN/Dish Network thread that explains exactly what you need. I am planning on doing the same thing. rbj

BIG49010
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Just be a little bit careful with DISH agreements if you sign up for everything free, if you are late on your bill and you sign up with a debit card they can get everything they are owed + cost of equipment and installation in one shot.

I purchased my equipment else where, you can google for best price, then pay the monthly service amount.

mannyberrios
08-08-2011, 06:47 PM
The Mc Cann brothers are paying $10.00 A month for their cell phone service. Not bad!

toussaud
08-08-2011, 07:33 PM
on a serious note i have found myself sticking to the track feed much more lately. once i move into my new place i hope to have RTN service installed. I can deal with the commercials but you are correc,t it's like they don't even think like gamblers anymore. i don't give a damn about a phone interview when it's 6 minutes to post at a track i am playing.

Track Collector
08-08-2011, 09:51 PM
I went with DISH and the RTN package about 9 months ago and I have been VERY satisfied.

Lasix67
08-09-2011, 12:27 AM
I love my RTN. It is the bomb if you play a few times a week or more.

turninforhome10
08-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Don't know if would help you guys. With my ATI rage graphics card I set my video output to my big screen and then just use the twinspires video feed page as a channel guide. I have the big screen with racing and my computer with my info. It is free.

Lasix67
08-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Don't know if would help you guys. With my ATI rage graphics card I set my video output to my big screen and then just use the twinspires video feed page as a channel guide. I have the big screen with racing and my computer with my info. It is free.

Had the same setup myself and it makes sense. Only problem I had was the unreliable feed from Twinspires, especially on weekends or during big race days. Had a lot of stopping and hesitating. It got to be to much so I said the heck with it and got the RTN once Dish picked it up. I already knew how good it was because I had it a couple of years before Dish picked it up but the cost was about $100 a month and so I ended up going with the ATI option.

JimG
08-09-2011, 09:32 AM

Since I bought my laptop a few months ago, I can put the track feed on my large tv screen via hdmi and it looks great. The clearest video I have found is TVG. TwinSpires is 2nd best. I would never use TVG for betting but the video is first rate for me. Fast computer, quality video card and fast internet speed are a must for this.

Jim

turninforhome10
08-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Agreed. Never really had a problem with the quality until recently. We are in a unprecedented period of solar flare activity so I chalk it up to that.

toussaud
08-09-2011, 11:12 AM
yes say what you want about TVG their video feed quality is second to none

magwell
08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Cant take anymore McCann bros now the St. Jude commercials thats enough HRTV for me, TVG has too many clowns, have to get RTN and see the live feeds, at least I will get to see more post parades and the warm ups to the gate......thats the last edge in the game anyway. Just when I had enough HRTV they come up with a commercial thats easy on the eyes.... a pajama jean commercial that i cant get enough of. ;)

Stillriledup
08-22-2011, 06:43 PM
My favorite TVG commercial "Im home....and i LOVE IT im home, where i belong!!!"

Cmon now, admit you sing this in the shower! :lol:

thespaah
08-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Cant take anymore McCann bros now the St. Jude commercials thats enough HRTV for me, TVG has too many clowns, have to get RTN and see the live feeds, at least I will get to see more post parades and the warm ups to the gate......thats the last edge in the game anyway.Make sure you have an unobstructed view of the southwestern sky from your property.
Or if on the west coast, the southern sky. RTN comes off Dish Network's 118.7 satellite. High Definition equipment is required as is a minimum regular programming package.
If possible, go through a local retailer rather than Dish Network itself. You'll receiver better customer service from a local company.
I worked that business for 12 years.

magwell
08-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Make sure you have an unobstructed view of the southwestern sky from your property.
Or if on the west coast, the southern sky. RTN comes off Dish Network's 118.7 satellite. High Definition equipment is required as is a minimum regular programming package.
If possible, go through a local retailer rather than Dish Network itself. You'll receiver better customer service from a local company.
I worked that business for 12 years. Thanks for the heads up... I plan on moving soon and will diffently take your advice, I have Dish network now but will add RTN than.

Reezy
08-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Haha the maccann twins.. Hrtv use to play that sunsetter awning comercial all the time.. I hated it

thespaah
08-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up... I plan on moving soon and will diffently take your advice, I have Dish network now but will add RTN than.
If you have HD programming, make sure the tech comes with a Dish 1000 plus Dish. This is the only antenna that receives HD AND the 118.7 bird where RTN comes from.
If you're going with a Dish Mover, the order will tell the tech to install the type of Dish you currently have. Make sure you tell Dish Network you are adding RTN so that the correct antenna is installed.
Let me know via the forum or you may PM me should you need assistance.