PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods

DigitalDownsJoe
08-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Am I the only one really happy to see Tiger struggling? I guess our days off Tiger vs the field are long gone. I dont think he will ever be the same. I really liked the young kid Ricky Fowler. He seems like a good kid and a refreshing new young gun to the pga tour..Looks like surfer and has an amazing game..Hope to see him win soon!

redshift1
08-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Am I the only one really happy to see Tiger struggling? I guess our days off Tiger vs the field are long gone. I dont think he will ever be the same. I really liked the young kid Ricky Fowler. He seems like a good kid and a refreshing new young gun to the pga tour..Looks like surfer and has an amazing game..Hope to see him win soon!

Tiger always generates interest when he plays I'm glad to see him playing again win or lose...

The question is will Rory answer the bell again?

Canarsie
08-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Tigers problem is because of his success there are now probably 25 younger tigers. Everyone works out you don't see any of these youngsters with any flab on their stomach at all.

Add to the fact that it's more an international game than ever makes it a tough road for the older set. Darren Clarke won the British Open but that looks like a one week exception.

These young guys can pop up at any time and win a major or prestige title.

098poi
08-08-2011, 05:19 PM
It is doubtful anyone will dominate the game the way that Tiger has up to this point. (McIlroy?) I would hardly count him out. Ask me in 6 or 7 years. Barring injury he has plenty of time left to win many times. Maybe not at the rate he once did but to think of him as over the hill is laughable.

DigitalDownsJoe
08-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Yea and I didnt even realize that tiger was 35..For some reason I thought he was like 30..Time flies!! :bang:

DJofSD
08-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Stevie made twice as much as Tiger this last weekend.

cj
08-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Stevie made twice as much as Tiger this last weekend.

He should still keep his mouth shut. Interviewing the caddy was pretty weak, and his saying what he did was even worse.

Striker
08-08-2011, 08:13 PM
He should still keep his mouth shut. Interviewing the caddy was pretty weak, and his saying what he did was even worse.
What was out of line? The most satisfying victory of his career comment? You are going to have animosity towards a former employer who fires you especially when he has had to deal with Tiger's situation the last few years. I thought he could have let more out of the bag when the media was asking him more about the termination and he said he was fired on the phone and the rest of the story he will keep to himself.

098poi
08-08-2011, 08:23 PM
He kept saying he was a front runner and didn't back down (?), something like that. He might temper his ego a bit. Adam Scott would have won even if he wasn't on the bag.

Relwob Owner
08-08-2011, 08:32 PM
What was out of line? The most satisfying victory of his career comment? You are going to have animosity towards a former employer who fires you especially when he has had to deal with Tiger's situation the last few years. I thought he could have let more out of the bag when the media was asking him more about the termination and he said he was fired on the phone and the rest of the story he will keep to himself.

I think he should have kept his mouth shut and taken the high road. Only he and Tiger know what really happened and every word he said took the spotlight away from where it should have been, on Adam Scott.

It is kind of funny how quickly Williams is now a "good guy" in terms of perception and how quickly people forget some of the questionable things he did while he was caddying for Woods.

MONEY
08-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Tiger Woods made Steve Williams (his former caddy) a millionaire.

Tiger then fired Steve Williams at a time that Tiger's career is in jeopardy of ending, giving Williams the opportunity to hook up with an up & coming star.

Williams should have thanked Tiger for the 12 years that they had together & then thanked him again for setting him free.

Striker
08-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I think he should have kept his mouth shut and taken the high road. Only he and Tiger know what really happened and every word he said took the spotlight away from where it should have been, on Adam Scott.

It is kind of funny how quickly Williams is now a "good guy" in terms of perception and how quickly people forget some of the questionable things he did while he was caddying for Woods.
Absolutely agree he has said some disrespectful things in public, for example, his comments about Mickelson were way out of line, however long ago that was. I don't consider him a good or bad guy, but if you are picking and choosing who is the good or bad guy between himself and Woods, it is a no brainer. This is what the public is doing in this situation.

Greyfox
08-08-2011, 08:51 PM

Agreed. He was as classless as Tiger it turns out.
His comments seriously overshadowed the man he was on the bag for.
Caddys should "Show up, keep up, and shut up!"

Relwob Owner
08-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Absolutely agree he has said some disrespectful things in public, for example, his comments about Mickelson were way out of line, however long ago that was. I don't consider him a good or bad guy, but if you are picking and choosing who is the good or bad guy between himself and Woods, it is a no brainer. This is what the public is doing in this situation.

Good point, as anyone compared with Woods these days can come out smelling like a rose. However, I still dont think he should have made those comments and he made himself bad in doing so. If he wanted to come at Woods, I would respect him more for doing it directly....he did address it before and during the tourney in a more mild way but the sharpest was through his "This is the greatest week of my career" comment afterwards which just made him sound silly IMO

DigitalDownsJoe
08-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Tiger Woods made Steve Williams (his former caddy) a millionaire.

Tiger then fired Steve Williams at a time that Tiger's career is in jeopardy of ending, giving Williams the opportunity to hook up with an up & coming star.

Williams should have thanked Tiger for the 12 years that they had together & then thanked him again for setting him free.

I couldnt agree more! :)

LottaKash
08-08-2011, 11:59 PM

" Golf is a good walk, ruined "....Mark Twain

best,

Canarsie
08-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Here's a few things to consider because I'm on the fence with the firing.

1. One would think Williams knows more than enough to write a book which would instantly go to #1 on the best seller list. Knowing how private Tiger is I wouldn't doubt they had a contract drawn up saying he would be held liable if it was ever published.

2. He did call and ask for permission to carry Scott's bag. Obviously it was granted and then came the firing. If he had just fired him before asking I wouldn't have a problem with it even 1%. He could have just left and none of this nonsense would ever had made it to print or video.

3. This is 2011 and the media makes it a bigger deal. Look at all the ink it's getting even on this board. Before this happened I would bet the casual golf fan knew Bones was Mickelson's caddie probably by a 10/1 margin over Williams.

4. Tiger is CHEAP it wouldn't surprise me if he did this as a financial deal. Even Sir Charles comments how much of a tightwad he is.

5. Woods love the publicity I think it's the only reason he came back this year. It rubs him the wrong way when others get more attention than him. To fire your caddie with most of the season gone doesn't make sense to me. If he did this after the Fedex cup nothing much would have been made of it.

6. Only two people know exactly how the dismissal went down. I might be nuts but Williams has far more credibility than Woods at this point in time. I don't even see a rebuttal from Tigers publicity department not than one needs to be provided. But people will think who got in the last word.

DJofSD
08-09-2011, 09:13 AM
The next word from Tiger will very likely be during the press conference from the AAC. Some reporter will muster the courage to ask Tiger about the comments from Stevie.

cj
08-09-2011, 09:13 AM
He kept saying he was a front runner and didn't back down (?), something like that. He might temper his ego a bit. Adam Scott would have won even if he wasn't on the bag.

Exactly....caddies should be seen, not heard.

DJofSD
08-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Exactly....caddies should be seen, not heard.
Why?

Relwob Owner
08-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Here's a few things to consider because I'm on the fence with the firing.

1. One would think Williams knows more than enough to write a book which would instantly go to #1 on the best seller list. Knowing how private Tiger is I wouldn't doubt they had a contract drawn up saying he would be held liable if it was ever published.

2. He did call and ask for permission to carry Scott's bag. Obviously it was granted and then came the firing. If he had just fired him before asking I wouldn't have a problem with it even 1%. He could have just left and none of this nonsense would ever had made it to print or video.

3. This is 2011 and the media makes it a bigger deal. Look at all the ink it's getting even on this board. Before this happened I would bet the casual golf fan knew Bones was Mickelson's caddie probably by a 10/1 margin over Williams.

4. Tiger is CHEAP it wouldn't surprise me if he did this as a financial deal. Even Sir Charles comments how much of a tightwad he is.

5. Woods love the publicity I think it's the only reason he came back this year. It rubs him the wrong way when others get more attention than him. To fire your caddie with most of the season gone doesn't make sense to me. If he did this after the Fedex cup nothing much would have been made of it.

6. Only two people know exactly how the dismissal went down. I might be nuts but Williams has far more credibility than Woods at this point in time. I don't even see a rebuttal from Tigers publicity department not than one needs to be provided. But people will think who got in the last word.

I agree with most of this, except the bolded part about Tiger loving the publicity.....what has he done in the past that has ever given you this impression? I get the sense he actually dislikes the media/publicity end of things and he probably hates it even more since he got caught up in his web of cheating and such.

I also dont think you can correlate when he fired his caddy with wanting publicity. I think these guys had it coming to a head and it happened naturally. Also, I think that if he would have fired him after the Fed Ex Cup or at any point in time in general, it would have gotten just as much publicity as it has now.

Greyfox
08-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Why?

We are there to watch the golfers. The caddy should not surpass the golfers.
For example, take a look at the LPGA.
I think that caddy's ruin the presentation when every female golfer has a caddy lining up the shots for her. I'm not there to watch caddys. I want to watch play.
The Seniors tour uses carts. I don't care. I'm interested in the golf not the cart.
On the PGA, the caddy is the cart. The less I see of the caddys, the better.

elysiantraveller
08-09-2011, 09:43 AM
The fact of the matter is he shouldn't have said anything or at most, "Its a nice win and feels good to move on with another great golfer but Adam deserves all the credit.. blah blah."

Its the greatest tournament he has been a part of... I mean come on! Its greater than the 10+ Majors carrying Tigers bag? Or the seven previous times he has been caddy to the winner (Tiger) in that tournament?

The other guys ability to hit the golf ball made you a multi-millionaire but now you are going to take shots? STFU.

Finally, in all fairness to Tiger. I get that he is unlikeable and that he has/had serious personal problems/demons/whatever. What I can appreciate about a guy though is when trying to move on and rebuild his life he severs ties with all the old influences/baggage whether it be Sir Charles, MJ, or Steve Williams.

To quote Steven A Smith: "He's a caddy!"

DJofSD
08-09-2011, 10:02 AM
We are there to watch the golfers. The caddy should not surpass the golfers.
For example, take a look at the LPGA.
I think that caddy's ruin the presentation when every female golfer has a caddy lining up the shots for her. I'm not there to watch caddys. I want to watch play.
The Seniors tour uses carts. I don't care. I'm interested in the golf not the cart.
On the PGA, the caddy is the cart. The less I see of the caddys, the better.
I can appreciate all of that, however, I thought the discussion was about hearing the caddies comments after play has concluded such as during a press conference, or, more to the point, being interviewed while leaving the course.

At what point is a caddie allowed to talk to the press? Never?

Greyfox
08-09-2011, 10:22 AM

The caddy's code is "show up, keep up, and shut up."
So the answer is essentially "never."
Of course they have feelings and thoughts. But they are male valets. Their role is well defined and should never detract from the golf.
In Willliams instance, his comments seriously threw rainwater on Adam Scott's parade. Unfortunately, perhaps at the subconscious level, they will put pressure on Scott this week and that is unnecessary pressure in a pretty important match. If Scott can win this week, that would be wonderful. But I don't think that he will.
Williams also took the limelight away from other stories of more import.
Young guns Ishikawa, Fowler, Day, and Fowler, all surpassed Woods this weekend giving me the impression that the game may be too tough for Tiger to ever win again. Yes. Woods set the bar. But it doesn't look to me that he has any hope of jumping it again.
There is also the lingering suspicion in my mind that Woods is not the physical specimen that he was when he was pounding out his victories.
His medicine man Tony Gallea has already been found guilty of transporting growth enhancement drugs across the border.
If Woods was popping those pills, he won't get that strength back again.
Finally, Woods ego, which he promised would have a more mellow side to it when he gave his oh so sorry speech over a year ago, has not gone away.
His cutting off one reporter with the comment "I'm not other guys." speaks volumes to the fact that he still has a pretty high opinion of himself. Unfortunately, until he proves different, "He is just one of the other guys."
My crystal ball doesn't see that changing anytime soon.
Fluff , Woods first caddy on tour, was fired because the light was shining on him too much. He now totes for Jim Furyk. (The PGA should pair Furyk, Scott and Woods in the first round together if they want to create non-golf television drama. The "evil eyes" of the Fluff and Williams towards Woods might be fun to watch. :lol: Then again, the Williams - Woods match-up could occur Sunday afternoon, but doesn't seem likely.)

Relwob Owner
08-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I can appreciate all of that, however, I thought the discussion was about hearing the caddies comments after play has concluded such as during a press conference, or, more to the point, being interviewed while leaving the course.

I think you can look to the past to answer the question. How often has a caddy been interviewed right after a tourney in the last ten years?

DJofSD
08-09-2011, 10:50 AM
The caddy's code is "show up, keep up, and shut up."
So the answer is essentially "never."
Of course they have feelings and thoughts. But they are male valets. Their role is well defined and should never detract from the golf.
In Willliams instance, his comments seriously threw rainwater on Adam Scott's parade. Unfortunately, perhaps at the subconscious level, they will put pressure on Scott this week and that is unnecessary pressure in a pretty important match. If Scott can win this week, that would be wonderful. But I don't think that he will.
Williams also took the limelight away from other stories of more import.
Young guns Ishikawa, Fowler, Day, and Fowler, all surpassed Woods this weekend giving me the impression that the game may be too tough for Tiger to ever win again. Yes. Woods set the bar. But it doesn't look to me that he has any hope of jumping it again.
There is also the lingering suspicion in my mind that Woods is not the physical specimen that he was when he was pounding out his victories.
His medicine man Tony Gallea has already been found guilty of transporting growth enhancement drugs across the border.
If Woods was popping those pills, he won't get that strength back again.
Finally, Woods ego, which he promised would have a more mellow side to it when he gave his oh so sorry speech over a year ago, has not gone away.
His cutting off one reporter with the comment "I'm not other guys." speaks volumes to the fact that he still has a pretty high opinion of himself. Unfortunately, until he proves different, "He is just one of the other guys."
My crystal ball doesn't see that changing anytime soon.
Fluff , Woods first caddy on tour, was fired because the light was shining on him too much. He now totes for Jim Furyk. (The PGA should pair Furyk, Scott and Woods in the first round together if they want to create non-golf television drama. The "evil eyes" of the Fluff and Williams towards Woods might be fun to watch. :lol: Then again, the Williams - Woods match-up could occur Sunday afternoon, but doesn't seem likely.)
Well, again, you seem to be all over the map.

Traditionally, yes, the caddy was expected to show up, keep up and shut up. But that seems to be changing. I am not saying it is right or wrong, just observing that seems to be another aspect of the sport that is evolving.

What is the PGA saying about this? Do some rules need to be put into place to address the issue? Will the relationship and the implied contract between the player and the caddy need to be formalized and the specific issue of caddy post round comments be addressed?

Canarsie
08-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I agree with most of this, except the bolded part about Tiger loving the publicity.....what has he done in the past that has ever given you this impression? I get the sense he actually dislikes the media/publicity end of things and he probably hates it even more since he got caught up in his web of cheating and such.

I also dont think you can correlate when he fired his caddy with wanting publicity. I think these guys had it coming to a head and it happened naturally. Also, I think that if he would have fired him after the Fed Ex Cup or at any point in time in general, it would have gotten just as much publicity as it has now.

Maybe I should have phrased it differently. He loves publicity pertaining to golf and golf only. Why else would he play in the last tournament of the year to qualify for the Fedex cup? He can't win where he's going to be seeded it would have been better to just take off the year and get his body healthier without taking any risks.

You really don't think his head is boiling with all the good press Mcllroy is getting? He puts up stuff on his web page (I don't follow) and it gets reported on ESPN pronto more than once.

I still take the position that if it was coming to a head Williams wouldn't have called him and ask for permission. There is no doubt Tiger made him a rich man but he was earning zilch while he was on the sidelines. Plus Williams has my respect for keeping his mouth shut about all the private stuff. Guys like G Gordon Liddy, Woodward, and Bernstein know how to keep a secret they are in my top ten of people I respect.

This is just a hunch but it's possible he asked Scott if he could comment on the situation well before they shoved a mike in his mouth. If he said "go for it" he had carte blanch to respond that Woods said it was "person to person" and more.

If he announced the firing during the first week of the NFL it would have been a blip compared to now.

The bottom line is anything Woods has said since the affair is taken with a grain of salt by most people. Here's what's going on with one of his ex girlfriends. He is just not credible anymore one could not fathom that 3 years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/07/18/rachel-returns-hush-money-to-tiger-threatens-gloria/

What ever happened to the Tiger Woods Foundation and Learning Center? Haven't heard anything on a really good cause lately.

Greyfox
08-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Well, again, you seem to be all over the map.

?

Sort of like my own game eh? :lol:

DJofSD
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Sort of like my own game eh? :lol:
No, more like the way I play the game myself. (But the upside is I find a lot of lost balls from other players. Amazing how many are the premium Titlest.)

cj
08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Why?

The same reason nobody interviews the guy changing tires at NASCAR, or the equipment manager of a baseball team. It isn't about them. What he did took the spotlight off of the guy it should have been on, Adam Scott.

DJofSD
08-09-2011, 11:59 AM
But, as I stated above, it seems to be changing. To a degree, it does seem to be about them (the guy on the bag).

JeremyJet
08-09-2011, 01:28 PM

Yeah, well, at least he didn't spill the beans on injecting Tiger in the buttocks. ;)

DJofSD
08-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Here is some more grist for the mill. From Kelly Tiighman's twitter feed:
Adam Scott on Steve William's comments: "I don't think it was his intention to steal my moment." (Cont.)"Hopefully we can go out and let our clubs do the talking this week."Adam Scott on Steve Williams: He has great insight into my game. He tells me what I need to do to win majors. Great motivator.Adam Scott says he agrees with Steve Williams' assessment of him as being 'underachiever' and believes he can win multiple majors.

cj
08-09-2011, 01:52 PM
But, as I stated above, it seems to be changing. To a degree, it does seem to be about them (the guy on the bag).

Him, not them. I don't see any other caddies in the spotlight.

Canarsie
08-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Looks like Tiger and his people aren't as smart as I assumed.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2011-07-23/tiger-woods-caddy-steve-williams-plans-book-has-no-confidentiality-agreement

Relwob Owner
08-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Maybe I should have phrased it differently. He loves publicity pertaining to golf and golf only. Why else would he play in the last tournament of the year to qualify for the Fedex cup? He can't win where he's going to be seeded it would have been better to just take off the year and get his body healthier without taking any risks.

You really don't think his head is boiling with all the good press Mcllroy is getting? He puts up stuff on his web page (I don't follow) and it gets reported on ESPN pronto more than once.

I still take the position that if it was coming to a head Williams wouldn't have called him and ask for permission. There is no doubt Tiger made him a rich man but he was earning zilch while he was on the sidelines. Plus Williams has my respect for keeping his mouth shut about all the private stuff. Guys like G Gordon Liddy, Woodward, and Bernstein know how to keep a secret they are in my top ten of people I respect.

This is just a hunch but it's possible he asked Scott if he could comment on the situation well before they shoved a mike in his mouth. If he said "go for it" he had carte blanch to respond that Woods said it was "person to person" and more.

If he announced the firing during the first week of the NFL it would have been a blip compared to now.

The bottom line is anything Woods has said since the affair is taken with a grain of salt by most people. Here's what's going on with one of his ex girlfriends. He is just not credible anymore one could not fathom that 3 years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/07/18/rachel-returns-hush-money-to-tiger-threatens-gloria/

What ever happened to the Tiger Woods Foundation and Learning Center? Haven't heard anything on a really good cause lately.

I think you can attribute most, if not all, of your examples to Tiger's competetive nature, not a desire for publicity.

As far as having your respect for keeping his mouth shuit about private stuff, time will tell about that. He has so far but it wouldnt surprise me at all if he spills the beans in the future.

Canarsie
08-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Him, not them. I don't see any other caddies in the spotlight.

There were a few for different reasons. Bruce Edwards (mhrip) who died of Lou Gehrig's disease, Bones, and fluff because of his stash.

But if you or I were Tigers caddie for all those wins one would think we would be in the spotlight also.

IMG said Harmon received Floyd's permission to talk to Williams, then Woods consulted with Floyd and the caddie before hiring him.

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/news99/woods5.html

Why should one believe Tiger when he said he told him to his face?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/10869-fluff-unsure-why-tiger-fired-him

I really don't see any swing coaches in the spotlight except for Tigers and I'm sure lots of golfers switch.

With all of this going on if he retired tomorrow golf would be in huge trouble.

Canarsie
08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I think you can attribute most, if not all, of your examples to Tiger's competetive nature, not a desire for publicity.

As far as having your respect for keeping his mouth shuit about private stuff, time will tell about that. He has so far but it wouldnt surprise me at all if he spills the beans in the future.

Didn't take long for me to take him off the list :ThmbDown: you are spot on.

I think we agree to disagree on the publicity part which is fine.

Relwob Owner
08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Didn't take long for me to take him off the list :ThmbDown: you are spot on.

I think we agree to disagree on the publicity part which is fine.

Definitely, as any good debate about golf is a good one IMO :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
08-10-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/archive/2011/08/10/video-adam-scott-breaks-down-key-shots-in-world-golf-championship-victory.aspx

At about the 1:30 point, note the comment regarding the plan for the shot.

Greyfox
08-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Looks like Tiger and his people aren't as smart as I assumed.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2011-07-23/tiger-woods-caddy-steve-williams-plans-book-has-no-confidentiality-agreement

Your headline to this post was:
Tiger Woods' fired caddie Steve Williams plans book, has no confidentiality agreement

That blade cuts both ways. First of all Steve Williams was shocked that Tiger was screwing around. Now he's going to tell all? My, my.
Apparently Woods and Williams wives are pretty close friends.
Williams' wife was furious with Woods about his dalliances.
It may well be that if Williams has anything to let out of the bag, Woods just might have a few tidbits about Williams to leak to the public.
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Canarsie
08-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Your headline to this post was:
Tiger Woods' fired caddie Steve Williams plans book, has no confidentiality agreement

That blade cuts both ways. First of all Steve Williams was shocked that Tiger was screwing around. Now he's going to tell all? My, my.
Apparently Woods and Williams wives are pretty close friends.
Williams' wife was furious with Woods about his dalliances.
It may well be that if Williams has anything to let out of the bag, Woods just might have a few tidbits about Williams to leak to the public.
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If you read my posts I don't approve of people opening their mouths about others private lives. I just thought Tigers people would have been smart enough to include something like that.

The headline was there because I didn't think Williams would write a book and was man enough to post that I was wrong a few hours after. I believe in posting when your wrong do it all the time have no ego.

But if you think Tigers ever going into a tit for tat with Williams or anybody else I have a bridge to sell you. He's paid females millions to keep their mouth shut. Publicity will just bring more of them out.

I would bet somebody from the tour (executive) has already spoken to Williams and said "cool it he's still our bread and butter".

In closing if Tiger, Elin, Williams or his wife spoke up on the subject who would be last at the line to believe?

DigitalDownsJoe
08-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Some people just open their mouths when they shouldnt..Its not the first time in regaurds to Tiger...How about Fuzzy's fried chicken and watermelon comments LOL :D

maddog42
08-10-2011, 11:27 PM

A few people on the Golf channel said this was no coincidence. Woods is a notorious tightwad. Williams was off for how many months not working and Tiger throws a fit when he wants to earn some money caddying for someone else. This guy kept his mouth shut when he could have burned Tiger alive with a few comments. Williams was a lot more loyal than Tiger.

Greyfox
08-11-2011, 11:49 AM
+3 Through just ten holes in first round of PGA Championship.

cj
08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
+3 Through just ten holes in first round of PGA Championship.

He went from -3 to + 4 in a hurry!

Greyfox
08-11-2011, 12:17 PM
He went from -3 to + 4 in a hurry!

The wheels have come off. +5 through 13.

DJofSD
08-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey, he got wet.

Could be worse -- check out Ryo!

redshift1
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Wow, already in danger of missing cut.

LottaKash
08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Wow, already in danger of missing cut.

What a "major meltdown" story....The Bigtime-Champ that was, and now isn't, Big-Time....

best,

Striker
08-11-2011, 02:09 PM
We will see if he says this performance is because of some prior injury he had.

Robert Goren
08-11-2011, 07:12 PM
I don't think he has injury. He just stinks right now.

wizard_of_odds
08-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Agreed. He was as classless as Tiger it turns out.
His comments seriously overshadowed the man he was on the bag for.
Caddys should "Show up, keep up, and shut up!"

I couldnt agree more..Who does he think he is mouthing off about a guy that made him a millionare..Amazing what money does to people.If I was that young golfer,I would have nipped my big-mouthed caddy in the bud and fired him

DJofSD
08-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Tiger's finished in double figures -- but on the wrong side of the cut line.

After taking in a number of commentators thoughts about what they think Tiger should do next, I think I like what Frank Nobilo had to say: go work with Sean then give Justin some lovin' and reprise his 1st winner in LV.

TJDave
08-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I don't think he has injury. He just stinks right now.

He has had the same recurring injury for several years and will continue to have it unless/until he makes major adjustments to his swing. I'm not so sure that he can...or that he would be committed enough to try.

DJofSD
08-13-2011, 09:41 AM
He has had the same recurring injury for several years and will continue to have it unless/until he makes major adjustments to his swing. I'm not so sure that he can...or that he would be committed enough to try.
A major adjustment? What do you call the work he has been doing with Sean?

Greyfox
08-13-2011, 10:39 AM
A major adjustment? What do you call the work he has been doing with Sean?

There's an old dictum in life:
"If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Whatever it is with Tiger he seems to be forever chasing some magical fix, sort of like the restless teenager who believes "Distant hills are greener."
He was very successful when he came on tour.
Then he spent a year changing his swing with Butch Harmon.
Success continued.
He thought Harmon was getting too big for his britches so he fired him and then made changes with Hank Haney.
Success continued.
Then he didn't particularly like Haney's attitude to his philandering, and the fact that Haney was moving into the spotlight on the Golf Channel. So he fired Haney and sought out Rick Foley.
Success hasn't continued. Yet at least.
In the meanwhile, he supposedly went for Therapy at a Clinic for "Sex Addiction." As with all "Psychological Therapies" there is just as good a chance that they will screw your head up every bit as they will mend it.
Undoubtedly some people profit from psychological work.
Undoubtedly some people get worse from psychological work.
In Tiger's instance, I believe that the Therapy he undertook was probably detrimental. Coupled with the fact that Erin left with the kids and the money, sponsors fled, and the public and other golfers no longer saw him as "invincible," he lost his Superman cape and hasn't been able to fly since.
Oh, I forgot to mention that his medical consultant Dr. Tony Galea has been convicted of transporting Performance Enhancing drugs across the border. (Those were all major losses, caused by his own decisions and not inflicted upon him by nature. Losses hurt. They shake self-confidence to the foundations.)
All of these things have played on Tiger's head.
Yes, he's had injuries. Other golfers have been injured too. Jack Nicklaus once had to make major swing changes, but out of necessity, not out of chasing greener hills. Part of the changes Tiger had to make might have been due to injury, but the biggest injury of all is the narcissistic injury to his ego. That may be "unfixable" and that may be why he can't step into the old Superman costume. (Sort of like breaking a mirror and trying to put it together again- it just will never be the same.)

God Bless Tiger in the sense that I hope he finds some "inner peace."
But in the meanwhile, if he's looking at how to hit a golf ball for the solution,
he's looking in the wrong direction. It's a head problem, more than a swing problem, IMO.

Greyfox

PhantomOnTour
08-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Could it be as simple as Tiger perhaps getting all bowed up on steroids and now having those nagging injuries?

Greyfox
08-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Could it be as simple as Tiger perhaps getting all bowed up on steroids and now having those nagging injuries?

That could definitely be a contributing factor.

DJofSD
08-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Tiger can not put the same kind of pressure on this left knee like he used to. It is "broke" and he is fixing it.

Relwob Owner
08-13-2011, 12:34 PM

I used to think this was absurd. However, a little while ago, I took a peek at his driving distances. If I am not mistaken, there as a spike over the three year peiod where he looked bigger than normal. Maybe it was natural, but........

Greyfox
08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Whatever his problem Fred Couples has offered him a spot on the President's Cup team. He hasn't earned it in the last two years and it's going to be a slap in the face to those players who have earned it and are left out.
I think Couples is making a bad decision for golf in general, even if Tiger helps the team. :ThmbDown:

Canarsie
08-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Whatever his problem Fred Couples has offered him a spot on the President's Cup team. He hasn't earned it in the last two years and it's going to be a slap in the face to those players who have earned it and are left out.
I think Couples is making a bad decision for golf in general, even if Tiger helps the team. :ThmbDown:

I'm far from a Tiger fan but don't you think if he's playing ratings will at least double or triple?

It's sort of like the all star game where the fans want to see their favorite players not necessarily the best.

Think about this scenario for the last player. Somebody says to him you have a choice to play in the cup or purses will increase 30% next year if Tiger plays. Sometimes economics take over even if it isn't right.

At this point I would think Tiger won't take the offer so it won't really matter. He doesn't fare well in these competitions anyway.

rastajenk
08-13-2011, 02:24 PM
I don't know about that. Maybe a little match play is what he needs to pick his head up.

I'm not saying he would deserve a spot on the team, but if he were picked, I think he would do well.

Relwob Owner
08-13-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't know about that. Maybe a little match play is what he needs to pick his head up.

I'm not saying he would deserve a spot on the team, but if he were picked, I think he would do well.

Based on his recent play, how can you predict that? He needs a long, long break.

DigitalDownsJoe
08-13-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm far from a Tiger fan but don't you think if he's playing ratings will at least double or triple?

It's sort of like the all star game where the fans want to see their favorite players not necessarily the best.

Think about this scenario for the last player. Somebody says to him you have a choice to play in the cup or purses will increase 30% next year if Tiger plays. Sometimes economics take over even if it isn't right.

At this point I would think Tiger won't take the offer so it won't really matter. He doesn't fare well in these competitions anyway.

Some from fans, others just from people wanting to see him fail.. Jealous because of his millions and all the hot white tail he was bangin lol

Relwob Owner
08-13-2011, 02:37 PM

I dont think the Presidents Cup and the All Star Game are very strong comparisons.One is a competition and one is more of an exhibition. I think most fans are most concerned with the US winning, not on who is on the team.

I think Couples should be concerned with putting the best team out there and Tiger isnt close to being good enough right now.

DigitalDownsJoe
08-13-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree, I wouldnt even put him in the top 50 right now..He doesnt seem mentally stable enough to handle big pressure like the Presidents Cup. Its funny saying that, because that used to be what I thought was one of his strong points(mental toughness)

rastajenk
08-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Huge difference between match play and medal. That's the basis for my minority opinion.

Greyfox
08-13-2011, 02:52 PM
I think Couples should be concerned with putting the best team out there and Tiger isnt close to being good enough right now.

Exactly.:ThmbUp:
Sure he'd boost TV ratings.
He might even play well.
But if you were a player who outperformed him the last few years, wouldn't you feel ripped off not being allowed to compete in this prestigious event?
It would be a slap in the teeth to several players, some of whom are up and comers who have potential to do even better than they have.
I say "Freddie, don't pick him!"

Canarsie
08-13-2011, 03:13 PM
I dont think the Presidents Cup and the All Star Game are very strong comparisons.One is a competition and one is more of an exhibition. I think most fans are most concerned with the US winning, not on who is on the team.

I like to engage in debate never take what I say personally. That's why I don't venture into politics here. :lol:

I agree with the exhibition part but let me throw this one at you. How many golf fans can name all the players on the last presidents club team? Be honest it has to be less than 5%. I like golf and can't do it without looking it up on the web.

I really don't think he's going to play it could become awfully embarrassing especially if it was close.

But there's almost zero chance in a competition like the Presidents Cup that Americans as a whole would root against him.

DigitalDownsJoe
08-13-2011, 03:28 PM
If it were down to the last putt and he needed to sink it for the Americans to win, I dont think too many American golf fans would be routing for him to miss. Most athletes mess around, he got caught and was made an example out of. Back in the day and with no internet, guys did whatever they wanted. With technology and the media the way it is today, guys have to really think about what the are doing. What really makes me laugh is the ones who post stupid crap on twitter and what not..LOL

Relwob Owner
08-13-2011, 03:29 PM
I like to engage in debate never take what I say personally. That's why I don't venture into politics here. :lol:
I agree with the exhibition part but let me throw this one at you. How many golf fans can name all the players on the last presidents club team? Be honest it has to be less than 5%. I like golf and can't do it without looking it up on the web.

I really don't think he's going to play it could become awfully embarrassing especially if it was close.

But there's almost zero chance in a competition like the Presidents Cup that Americans as a whole would root against him.

Ditto :ThmbUp:

I agree about Americans not rooting against him-we just want to win and I think everyone would root for him if he played and didnt mean to imply they would.

Canarsie
08-13-2011, 04:57 PM
If it were down to the last putt and he needed to sink it for the Americans to win, I dont think too many American golf fans would be routing for him to miss. Most athletes mess around, he got caught and was made an example out of. Back in the day and with no internet, guys did whatever they wanted. With technology and the media the way it is today, guys have to really think about what the are doing. What really makes me laugh is the ones who post stupid crap on twitter and what not..LOL

I heard this on a sports talk show a while back. The host didn't name the athlete (it was baseball) and said a beautiful young female joined him in the hot tub or pool really doesn't matter. He immediately got up and left. When the host asked him why his reply was "there was nothing good that could come of this". Don't have a clue if he was married or not but the guy was smart enough to understand consequences. There's always hanky panky but in this day of everyone carrying a camera you have to be extra cautious.

Canarsie
08-13-2011, 05:02 PM
A little off topic but golf trivia. I'll give you all three guesses.

My original golf clubs are around 48 years old. They were custom made for me because I was a lefty and back in the day it was hard to find a good set of clubs that I still have. In fact it says "custom" on them.

It consisted of a 1 and 3 (real wood) woods, 3,5,7, and 9 irons, plus a putter.

Now try to guess what brand it is.

DJofSD
08-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Spalding.

Canarsie
08-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Spalding.

Wow you are brilliant I will never question anything you say. :eek:

DJofSD
08-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Lucky guess.

On another note, Tiger will be playing in a charity tournament on 8/31.

Relwob Owner
08-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Damn, nice call DJ....Dunlop had popped into my head. They made tennis and golf stuff, no?

DJofSD
08-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Yes, they made tennis equipment too which is what I remembered that caused me to make that guess.

Greyfox
08-26-2011, 12:20 PM
It's official.
Fred Couples has picked Tiger for the Presidents Cup.
I don't agree. He's done nothing in the last two years to be on that team.
It's a kick in the teeth to those who earned it.
Now he has only one Captain's pick available. Jim Furyk, Rick Fowler, Keegan Bradley, and a host of others are available, but only one can go.
:ThmbDown:

http://images.thegolfchannel.com/images/email/470891.jpg (http://clicks.thegolfchannel.com/y/?e=47108!!t!!503!!0!!2313596!!jpibe2003@yahoo.ca!! 3!!0!!0!!36!!http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egolfchannel%2Ecom% 2Fnews%2Fjason%2Dsobel%2Fwinning%2Disnt%2Deverythi ng%2F)

DJofSD
08-26-2011, 12:47 PM
I have mixed feelings about it. Ya, it means some one else does get to play. But, OTH, Tiger is an accomplished player that could still deliver on the goods. He may be down but I don't think he's out.

rastajenk
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Plus, I will be more likely to watch it, along with perhaps millions of others. :p

What has Ricky Fowler actually accomplished? What kind of year has Jim Furyk had? How can you pick one "young gun" over any of a dozen others?

DJofSD
08-26-2011, 12:59 PM
My son would pick Ricky in a heart beat. But then, I think he's probably his number 3 fan after his mom and dad. But I wouldn't pick him, at least not this year. He needs to prove to me he can perform on a Sunday. Kind of like what Rory was able to do in his come back victory after the melt down in Augusta.

Furyk can do it. BTDT.

Greyfox
08-26-2011, 01:00 PM
If Woods were a race horse, you couldn't bet it on recent form.
If you are indeed betting those types of horses at the track, good luck.

DJofSD
08-26-2011, 01:39 PM
ya but the Presidents Cup is a restricted race.

rastajenk
08-26-2011, 02:10 PM
And it'd be a "head-to-head" wager. :cool: So he doesn't have to be the best one out there...just better than his opponent.

DigitalDownsJoe
08-26-2011, 02:58 PM
I wouldnt have him on any team representing my country period. I dont care how many majors he has won. The guy is a mess, and I dont see him putting consistent numbers up enough to warrant even considering it. There is too many other good golfers on the bubble who would be short changed and who would almost certainly give us a better chance of winning :)

Striker
08-26-2011, 03:47 PM
I wouldnt have him on any team representing my country period. I dont care how many majors he has won. The guy is a mess, and I dont see him putting consistent numbers up enough to warrant even considering it. There is too many other good golfers on the bubble who would be short changed and who would almost certainly give us a better chance of winning :)
Completely agree DDJ. And to boot he really isn't going to be playing competitive golf for a few months, which isn't exactly a positive thing.

cj
08-26-2011, 04:26 PM
The other guys aren't being short changed. With the exception of Bradley, who will probably be picked anyway, everyone had a chance to make enough points to make the team on merit. Bradley wasn't on tour last year so he was up against it, but the others had every chance. Captain's picks aren't for the guys that "barely missed", they are for the captain to have some leeway.

Relwob Owner
08-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Like CJ said, I dont think the other guys are being short changed because they could have made it on their own. However, taken on it's own, the decision to have him on the team makes no sense to me based on recent form. Add to that the fact that even when he was dominating individually, he didnt seem to shine in these types of events anyways. Bad pick IMO.

Greyfox
08-26-2011, 05:14 PM
As cj said "Everyone had a chance to make the team on their own merit," including Woods. He didn't even show up last week to try to earn enough points for the FED EX cup. Others are more meritorius by a country mile.

Canarsie
08-26-2011, 05:19 PM
You have to remember advertising rates are usually set by last years ratings if a contract is up.

I'm not a Woods fan but with him playing it will be a huge jump in ratings compared to if he was sitting at home.

Not saying its right but its all about the almighty dollar.

Greyfox
08-26-2011, 05:29 PM
You have to remember advertising rates are usually set by last years ratings if a contract is up.

I'm not a Woods fan but with him playing it will be a huge jump in ratings compared to if he was sitting at home.

Not saying its right but its all about the almighty dollar.

Speaking of ratings, with the Cup being played in Australia, does anyone know what the time slots will be for watching it live??

ManU918
08-26-2011, 05:46 PM
I absolutely love the pick. It's not like the President's Cup is next week or next month. Tiger has three months to prepare. Tiger also had doubters going into last years Ryder Cup and he left there with 3 of a possible 4 points, including a dominating win on the final day over Molinari. This is one of the most competitive and decorated players of all time. With three months to prepare he will be ready to fire.

cj
08-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Tiger will probably take this more seriously than he ever has in the past. I have no idea if it will work out, but we'll see. I don't see how any pro golfer could complain. Without Tiger Woods, they would make half (or less) the money that they do now.

Greyfox
08-26-2011, 07:45 PM
I confess. I always wanted to play like Tiger Woods...and now I do. :D

ManU918
08-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Tiger will probably take this more seriously than he ever has in the past. I have no idea if it will work out, but we'll see. I don't see how any pro golfer could complain. Without Tiger Woods, they would make half (or less) the money that they do now.

I totally agree. Phil Mickelson made 57 million on endorsements last year. Without Woods he would probably make around 10, if that. I laugh when I think that Phil actually makes more then Lebron, Manning, Kobe, Brady, etc.

Canarsie
08-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Speaking of ratings, with the Cup being played in Australia, does anyone know what the time slots will be for watching it live??

Here's the info.

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/presidentscup/spectator-schedule/

DigitalDownsJoe
08-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I could name 10 guys who deserve to be on the team more so then tiger...

DigitalDownsJoe
08-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Larry, Mo, Curly, Charles Barkley, Bob Barker, My Grandmother, Pat Day, Michael Jordan, Me, and ummmm ok crap..I lied I can only name 9...In all seriousness, I know the man was the best golfer of the late 90s and most of 2000's, but what has he done in the last 2 years??Seriously

headhawg
08-27-2011, 04:44 PM
...I know the man was the best golfer of the late 90s and most of 2000's, but what has he done in the last 2 years??SeriouslyUm...he got caught and he just can't "play a round" like he used to. :)

CBedo
08-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Um...he got caught and he just can't "play a round" like he used to. :)I can understand everyone's postion on this, but for those who say he hasn't played any competitive rounds, if I remember correctly, he contended for three rounds at the Masters this year. You can't totally suck and do that.

Dave Schwartz
08-28-2011, 02:57 AM
Um...he got caught and he just can't "play a round" like he used to

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was really a good one.

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2011, 06:12 AM
I don't see how any pro golfer could complain. Without Tiger Woods, they would make half (or less) the money that they do now.This really is an excellent point...

Canarsie
08-28-2011, 08:38 AM

Just saw Mike's reply let me add this.

Without Tiger how many events would have been canceled like what's going on with the LPGA? They had a hard enough time the past couple of years getting sponsors for certain events if there was no Tiger around it would have been much worse.

As most know I'm no fan of Tiger but any golfer who wouldn't step aside for him has their own personal agenda instead of thinking about the games future. Just watch when he retires and see the ratings dip precipitously.

Same deal goes for the Yankees a team that I despise immensely but respect Jeter more than any player in the game. There are plenty of empty seats now watch what happens when he hangs it up. Living in NY you really can't believe how many times his Ford commercial is aired. While he's the complete opposite of Tiger he's by far the most idolized Yankee since Mantle. You wouldn't believe how many people say on talk radio they will stop going when he retires.

So what am I saying? Why would a three year player in MLB complain that he was skipped over for the All Star Game for Jeter. The guy only set the bar for the pay scale at his position. While ARoid was getting the huge contract Jeter quietly signed a long term deal for around 19-20 million per. So when they get a huge contract playing shortstop they should thank him a hundred times over.

Greyfox
08-28-2011, 11:24 AM
If the idea is to draw fans, put Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga on the team (or even Yeni Tseng.) Audience ratings and what you've done for the game over 2 years ago should not concern a Captain. Choice should be made on recent merit.

Relwob Owner
08-28-2011, 11:56 AM
If the idea is to draw fans, put Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga on the team (or even Yeni Tseng.) Audience ratings and what you've done for the game over 2 years ago should not concern a Captain. Choice should be made on recent merit.

I totally agree with this.

I do agree with CJ's point that the guys eligible for a Captain's pick really dont have any reason to complain to begin with because they could have just played better and made it with the normal standards

I also agree that Tiger has done a huge amount for the game but I just cant see the idea that if they are going to complain, that they shouldn't because of what he has done for the game in the past and how he has increased their earnings and such. He has done that but it doesnt seem like a reason to be OK with him being picked when he should not be. This isnt an all star game or exhibition where people should be rewarded for past contributions. It is something based on the here and now and who gives us the best chance to win and Tiger being on the team doesnt do that IMO.

Greyfox
08-28-2011, 12:10 PM
The Fed Ex cup took the top 125 players on merit. Tiger didn't even make the top 125. Go figure.

rastajenk
08-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Then what's the point of having Captain's picks? They should just take the top 14 point-getters and be done with it, right? Captain's picks exist to account for intangibles, it seems to me.

Canarsie
08-28-2011, 12:11 PM

The idea is to draw fans plain and simple. People like you and I will watch irregardless.

I see you like golf without looking it up can you tell me every player who was on the last Presidents Cup Team without looking it up? I surely can't.

For every person who says it should be on merit probably 50 say let Tiger play.

Since you bring up Tseng if Michelle Wii ever panned out to be the superstar she was made out to be just think what the ratings would be if she was on the team? You can bet your bottom dollar the companies that sponsor Couples would have put pressure on him to include her. Not to say he would have but he wouldn't have clearly rejected it.

Besides there is only one opinion that counts and its a done deal.

Relwob Owner
08-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Then what's the point of having Captain's picks? They should just take the top 14 point-getters and be done with it, right? Captain's picks exist to account for intangibles, it seems to me.

This is definitely true....so, I would ask: what intangibles does Tiger bring to the team? Overwhelming success in the past in this type of event? No..........His team first, me second attitude? No......His presence not causing any distractions and making this event all about the team? No

It is obvious the pick was about ratings and we just need to hope that he wakes up and plays well for us. He remains a very tough guy for me to root for no matter what event he is playing in.

DJofSD
08-28-2011, 12:33 PM
I find it difficult to believe Fred picked Tiger soley b/c of TV ratings.

Relwob Owner
08-28-2011, 12:37 PM

I dont know if it was solely the reason but it isnt hard to imagine the PGA and NBC leaning on Couples, is it?.....if that wasnt the reason, there really is no other reason for him being there based on his play.

Greyfox
08-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Couples still believes that Tiger is the best golfer on the planet. His performance in the Masters proved that to him. The fact is Tiger, while still a good golfer, is no longer the best golfer in the world. I don't doubt that he could win in the Presidents Cup. But so could a lot of other guys.
Maybe we'll get to see a Steve Williams vs Tiger game. I'd watch that one.

DJofSD
08-28-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm withholding final judgement about Tiger and his ability to deliver the goods. And remember, the format of the competition is match play. There will be some aspect of the match up of the players selected by Fred and Greg that will come into play. Saying that Tiger is no longer the best player in the world is true, however, the intimidation factor exists still and some one playing against him has to still deal with the intimidation.

Relwob Owner
08-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm withholding final judgement about Tiger and his ability to deliver the goods. And remember, the format of the competition is match play. There will be some aspect of the match up of the players selected by Fred and Greg that will come into play. Saying that Tiger is no longer the best player in the world is true, however, the intimidation factor exists still and some one playing against him has to still deal with the intimidation.

I would definitely disagree with this....this is the thing that may have been the biggest factor in the past and I think it is just about gone. I really dont think anyone is intimidated by him anymore nor should they be.

DJofSD
08-28-2011, 12:56 PM
I would definitely disagree with this....this is the thing that may have been the biggest factor in the past and I think it is just about gone. I really dont think anyone is intimidated by him anymore nor should they be.
OK. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Relwob Owner
08-28-2011, 01:00 PM
OK. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

We will and as always, who knows which one of us will be correct. I hope I am wrong because I hope we win. Always good to debate with people into golf as much as you are you, though. :ThmbUp:

rastajenk
08-28-2011, 01:19 PM
I dont know if it was solely the reason but it isnt hard to imagine the PGA and NBC leaning on Couples, is it?.....if that wasnt the reason, there really is no other reason for him being there based on his play.And if Bridgestone is running a bunch of ads, which you know they will, they could have had some input into Freddy's call.

ManU918
08-28-2011, 01:26 PM
The Fed Ex cup took the top 125 players on merit. Tiger didn't even make the top 125. Go figure.

He was injured most of the year, made cuts in 5 of 6 events, WD in another due to injury, and finished 4th in the Masters when he was healthy. Comes back August 4th to play the Bridgestone from a 3 month layoff, then goes right into a Major and gets cut. What do you expect him to come back and win? The next three months he will be out there plugging away and getting back to form. He will be ready come November.

DJofSD
08-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Back at ya. Oh yes, let there be no mistake: I very much want to see the US win -- against Norman on his home soil.

No doubt, Tiger is good for the game. I would like him to be around a bit longer and competitive. I'd like to see him be able to compete into his forties like VJ and lefty. And into his fifties like Fred.

Greyfox
08-28-2011, 01:51 PM
What do you expect him to come back and win? .

When Tiger came back in the PGA, he expected to win.
I don't expect that he'll win any more Majors.
His swing isn't the problem. His head is. Also, too many young guns for him to beat nowadays.

ManU918
08-28-2011, 01:59 PM
When Tiger came back in the PGA, he expected to win.
I don't expect that he'll win any more Majors.
His swing isn't the problem. His head is. Also, too many young guns for him to beat nowadays.

He expected to win? Why do you say that because he said it? When the media asks him what are your expectations, what do you think his response is going to be? Anyone can win any major in golf, that is obvious with the winners on tour this year i.e. Darren Clarke. So for you to say that you don't expect Tiger to win again is ridiculous. He is only 35 years old. Tiger will be playing Majors for atleast another 15 years if not longer.

DJofSD
08-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Any one can win any major and Darren Clarke just got lucky? Oh boy.

And so I guess Rory and GMac were flukes too?

ManU918
08-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Any one can win any major and Darren Clarke just got lucky? Oh boy.

And so I guess Rory and GMac were flukes too?

You missed my point. If Darren Clarke can win his first major at 43 and Stricker is playing the best golf of his life at 44 it is absolutely ridiculous to think Woods cant win another Major in his career when he is only 35.

Greyfox
08-28-2011, 02:27 PM
it is absolutely ridiculous to think Woods cant win another Major in his career when he is only 35.

For the record, I never said Woods can't win another Major.
I've played too many horse races to know that anything is possible.
I said: "I don't expect that he'll win any more Majors."

DJofSD
08-29-2011, 02:45 PM
You missed my point. If Darren Clarke can win his first major at 43 and Stricker is playing the best golf of his life at 44 it is absolutely ridiculous to think Woods cant win another Major in his career when he is only 35.
Yes, I did misunderstand.

DJofSD
08-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Tiger announces he'll play at Fry's where last year Rocco saved his card by holing out from the fairway, what was it, three times?

DJofSD
08-31-2011, 01:10 PM
At the Fry's tourny: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/31/SPDT1KTUR8.DTL

Striker
09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Rumor is Tiger is going to have Joe LaCava as his next caddie. LaCava was working for Dustin Johnson since June and had worked a long stint for Fred Couples.

DJofSD
09-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Not a rumor. The announcement is front and center on Tiger's web site.

DJofSD
10-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Buzz on Twitter is Tiger set a course record. Sounds like he's ready for next week at Fry's. Must see TV!

Canarsie
10-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Even though I'm not his biggest fan interesting article well thought out.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/brennan/story/2011-09-28/tiger-woods-presidents-cup/50593618/1

Tiger's problem is that its become very hard for him to string together two or three days of really good golf let alone four.

As stated before I'll be rooting for him in the Presidents Cup there is zero reasons not to.

LottaKash
10-01-2011, 12:55 PM

Tiger, who ?...:D

best,