PDA

View Full Version : LONGSHOTS AT GG -- WEDNESDAY

Jim F.
11-18-2003, 09:56 AM
(3) 6 - THUNDER AND RAIN 10-1

Hollendorfer has been keeping this filly EXTREMELY busy in the morning for return. Loves the grass here and is super-primed for career best today.

(7) 7 - UNCLE JACK 15-1

Talented 3yo colt has already earned $111K and was dq'd when winning a NW1 allowance miler here last March. Has been working well and could be a big "snake-in-the-grass" overlay if ready.

kenwoodallpromos
11-18-2003, 10:45 PM
You may have 2 live shots, I have not seen the DRF, but I will make it interesting by saying Marty Zee and Danzhound. Peter's Ballad is a sentimental pick of mine also.

Jim F.
11-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Hi KDP...

Just looked at your horses and have the following views (Keep in mind that the last three days I've had trouble picking my nose)...

MARTY ZEE Won last race, 7-2 ML. To me, this kind of horse is an "obvious contender" but really not worth bothering with because of the bad risk/benefit ratio. I know a horse like this can bite me on the ass, but I don't do exotics and I've got no strong reason for a win bet since I have no clue how he came out of his win and what the stable's intentions are today.

DANZHOUND 6-1 Looked long and hard at this one (awsome trainer) but I decided to go for a price in this race. Would be no surprise at all if this guy wins.

PETER'S BALLAD Don't think this one is much of a threat at 6f. If you look at his PPs, you'll see that he can't get near the pace in sprints but in routes he's right there. I'd wait until the barn stretches him out again.

kenwoodallpromos
11-19-2003, 02:35 AM
I am sure you are right as to these vs. value, as only overlays get one a positive ROI! Sounds great you are thinking about value bets! I am the guy who looks at workouts. 11-18 looks like some fast multiple gate works at 3f and 4f, so could be a good track for horses who can get inside!