PDA

View Full Version : Would you turn them in?

dav4463
08-07-2011, 02:01 PM
If you were 99% sure that your neighbors are selling drugs at their house, would you turn them in?

If so, how do you do it without the cops letting them know who tipped them off?

Drug people are scary and they would not think twice about getting revenge on somebody who turned them in. I do not trust the cops to keep it confidential.

Marshall Bennett
08-07-2011, 02:20 PM
First ask yourself who are they? How many are there? Where they are may be most important. Annoymous tips in rural areas are often sufficent. Being 99% sure is quite high without possibly being involved yourself. Do you have friends that use and told you? Are you sending your friends to jail as well? What kind of drugs are they dealing?
Drug dealers seldom last in neighborhoods. More often than not they trip and get themselves busted without your help or simply move their operation. Eventually they'll nearly always fall somewhere. In my opinion, the best is to wait and usually the problem corrects itself without you.

fast4522
08-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Not only would I turn in, but I would make available one room they could set up and take pictures from. Some people think that everyone has a right to survive, but I just do not agree so go someplace else.

skate
08-07-2011, 02:30 PM
depends....so i aint talkin...noppers.

Hey hey hey the coppers aint always as intwerested as the TV tube might have you believe..yeppers.:eek:

HUSKER55
08-07-2011, 02:41 PM
A few years back I turned a bunch of those little bastards. They got high and threw vegable oil all over the houses in the neighborhhood. I went out and took pictures and called the cops.

When they arrived the detectives said they knew about it and all of the people who went there, about a hundred in total. I only saw six. They said they were waiting for the leader.

About six weeks later all hell cut loose and they had captured a major trafficer. The house was vacated and life moved on.

Before you get excited call the station and ask if they are aware.

You can also take pictures of suspicious people send them to the police to investigate. Call and ask them. The cops that patrol your neighborhood do not want that crap any more than you do. I flagged one of them in my neighborhood and simply asked them.

Used to have a detective who lived down the block from us. He told me that it is far easier to get a conviction when they don't have to rely on someone else's testimony. That means they prefer you stay out of the way. Therefore, you make them aware and let them build the case they want.

Talk to them. That is how I found out and so can you. Granted that it has been a few years but I can't imagine things changing that much.

lamboguy
08-07-2011, 03:06 PM
if i knew it was cocaine, percoset, oxicontin, crystal meth i would, and i hope the law tells them who turns them in because i will be plenty prepared for those dirty rotten filthy low lifes.

cj's dad
08-07-2011, 09:01 PM
This couple stood up to the assholes who were selling drugs in the 'hood and were firebombed out of their home by the local dealers;

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/26126370/detail.html

dav4463
08-08-2011, 12:56 AM
This couple stood up to the assholes who were selling drugs in the 'hood and were firebombed out of their home by the local dealers;

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/26126370/detail.html

Don't want that!....didn't see where it had to do with drug dealers though.

cj's dad
08-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Don't want that!....didn't see where it had to do with drug dealers though.

sorry-posted the wrong link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson_murder_case.

highnote
08-08-2011, 02:21 PM
How would you know if someone is dealing drugs? What are the signs?

What are the signs to look for in the case of illegal drug manufacturing?

BlueShoe
08-08-2011, 03:06 PM
If so, how do you do it without the cops letting them know who tipped them off?
In most jurisdictions there are anonymous tip lines set up for just this situation. If you wish to avoid even LE knowing the source, you could call from a pay phone, give all the information you could, and then step back and let the police take it from there.

Pell Mell
08-08-2011, 03:41 PM
In most jurisdictions there are anonymous tip lines set up for just this situation. If you wish to avoid even LE knowing the source, you could call from a pay phone, give all the information you could, and then step back and let the police take it from there.

Where can you find a pay phone?

BlueShoe
08-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Where can you find a pay phone?
In the lobby of almost any police station? :D

socantra
08-08-2011, 06:53 PM
If it didn't impact me, I think I would mind my own business. Of course, I do have some neighbors down the street that I don't care much for........

OntheRail
08-08-2011, 07:01 PM
In a New York Minute... ;) . If they start cooking meth it will contaminate your property as well... not to mention the fire and explosive hazard. Plus the druggies will be looking at your stuff to get their next fix.

Turn em' and burn em'

MONEY
08-08-2011, 07:27 PM
A drug dealer on your block affects the whole neighborhood.
It's easy to spot a house that drugs are sold out of.
Some signs are,
Cars frequently driving up and people running in & leaving in less than 2 minutes.

People standing outside at all times (Day or Night).

Homeless people walking in your neighborhood.

Disrespectful people, stopping their cars in the middle of the street to talk & won't move to let other cars get through.

How do drug dealers negatively affect you.

Drug dealers usually get involved in other types of crime.
They buy stolen merchandise, so burglaries and robberies will go up in their vicinity.

Drug dealers violently protect their turf & also recruit neighborhood youth to spread their business.

Drug dealers are often victims of violent crimes.
Stray bullets hitting innocent victims are commonplace.

Many illegal drug users customers are hard core criminals.
On their way to buy drugs they will take note of unattended children & lonely seniors to victimize when an opportunity presents itself.

There is nothing good about a Drug Dealer on your block.

dav4463
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM
A drug dealer on your block affects the whole neighborhood.
It's easy to spot a house that drugs are sold out of.
Some signs are,
Cars frequently driving up and people running in & leaving in less than 2 minutes.

People standing outside at all times (Day or Night).

Homeless people walking in your neighborhood.

Disrespectful people, stopping their cars in the middle of the street to talk & won't move to let other cars get through.

How do drug dealers negatively affect you.

Drug dealers usually get involved in other types of crime.
They buy stolen merchandise, so burglaries and robberies will go up in their vicinity.

Drug dealers violently protect their turf & also recruit neighborhood youth to spread their business.

Drug dealers are often victims of violent crimes.
Stray bullets hitting innocent victims are commonplace.

Many illegal drug users customers are hard core criminals.
On their way to buy drugs they will take note of unattended children & lonely seniors to victimize when an opportunity presents itself.

There is nothing good about a Drug Dealer on your block.

They are ALWAYS outside! It is 110 degrees!

MONEY
08-09-2011, 05:54 PM
They are ALWAYS outside! It is 110 degrees!
They know your routine better than Santa Claus, so
find some way of turning them in.