PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Race #1

ALL CIRCUITS GO
08-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Horse #8 was declared non-starter and raced for purse only.. I was at the BIG M (Meadowlands NJ), did not hear this, did not see anything scrolling on the video feed, and now when I check Equibase, its not even listed as a refund/scratch. I bet a few people threw their tickets away. Did anyone watching the race hear it? Was it just a function of the Big M simulcast venue not being on its toes and not carrying the feed at the right time?

:)

HandyKapper
08-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Equibase has the horse listed as a non starter for "being compromised at the start".

jdhanover
08-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Looked like the guy in the gate was holding the horse after the gate opened, but I also didnt see anything about the scratch/refund on screen

sonnyp
08-05-2011, 04:43 PM
there was an "inquiry" at the track before it was declared a non-starter.

ALL CIRCUITS GO
08-05-2011, 05:48 PM
yeah, I saw the inquiry, and then afterwards, saw a yellow box as they examined the start. My beef is that I did not hear or see a formal announcement about the outcome of the inquiry. Only later did I find out that the #8 was declared a non-starter and running for purse only. I suspect that more than a few people tossed their 'losing tickets' without realizing that had a refund coming. Luckily, I bet through NJBETS and got my wager returned to me, which is the only way I knew that something was up.

Thats why my question is whether anyone who may have been watching the race heard or saw something to indicate that a wager on the 8 would be refunded.

thanks

cj
08-05-2011, 06:25 PM
yeah, I saw the inquiry, and then afterwards, saw a yellow box as they examined the start. My beef is that I did not hear or see a formal announcement about the outcome of the inquiry. Only later did I find out that the #8 was declared a non-starter and running for purse only. I suspect that more than a few people tossed their 'losing tickets' without realizing that had a refund coming. Luckily, I bet through NJBETS and got my wager returned to me, which is the only way I knew that something was up.

Thats why my question is whether anyone who may have been watching the race heard or saw something to indicate that a wager on the 8 would be refunded.

thanks

It was certainly indicated on the NYRA feed.

salty
08-06-2011, 05:33 AM
In the event that something like this happens. I'm surprised the people doing handstands in the trash cans didn't make you want to possibly ask a teller what happened after the inquiry. :D

OTM Al
08-06-2011, 06:39 AM
In the event that something like this happens. I'm surprised the people doing handstands in the trash cans didn't make you want to possibly ask a teller what happened after the inquiry. :D

I'm continually surprised with the idiots who throw away their tickets as soon as the horses cross the line. Deserve what they get.

Linny
08-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I was standing near the gate and the 8 was fidgety and the asst was calling out no no no but the starter threw the switch as the 8 lunged to the right in the stall and the starter pulled him back to straighten him. The asst starter's hand was actually tangled in the rein and the horse started about 6-7 lengths behind the field.

FantasticDan
08-06-2011, 09:47 AM
I was sorry to see Jackson N Humboldt broke down and was euthanized.. :(

affirmedny
08-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Horse #8 was declared non-starter and raced for purse only.. I was at the BIG M (Meadowlands NJ), did not hear this, did not see anything scrolling on the video feed, and now when I check Equibase, its not even listed as a refund/scratch. I bet a few people threw their tickets away. Did anyone watching the race hear it? Was it just a function of the Big M simulcast venue not being on its toes and not carrying the feed at the right time?

:)

If you're betting simulcast at the Big M you're better off spending the 2 or 4 bucks it costs to go in the theater and getting your own TV so you can get the track feed. If you do get lucky and get some sound when you're outside the room they usually have the wrong track turned up.