PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Printing with PP Generator

Longshot
08-05-2011, 12:37 PM
When I print PPs for a full 10 race card using my Bris PP Generator it takes from 15 to 20 minutes for the printing to start. If I just print one race it takes 2 to 3 minutes to start printing. I using Windows XP Home with Intel CPU 3 GHz and 2.0 GB RAM with a HP Deskjet 6122 printer. If I print PDF PPs with Foxit Reader the printing starts quickly. If I check my printer it will tell me it's loading a certain page of the total number of pages. Checking the Windows Task Manager shows the CPU usage at 100% with Spoolsv.exe using most of it when this happens.

Is it common for the PP Generator printing to take this long? As long as I've used PP Generator it has been this way. Is it my computer? printer? or is there a way to improve this?

Keith

skate
08-05-2011, 04:45 PM
welp you have more knowledge on this than i , so i can add that i've used/printed from Bris and used many different types printers, ive had no problems ever, cept when i let the ink run dry, not your problem.

i dont know foxit Reader, but id guess that it interferes with PC to printer when you use other method.

PP Gen has always done fine with me, when printing.

speed
08-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Try printing it to a pdf printer, then print it out.

HUSKER55
08-05-2011, 10:48 PM
just a thought, not necessarily a good one, try saving the file to your desktop and then print it out.

Neighbor lady has an internet job and they have to download lots of data. The company uses a "pop-up" program to run different reports or instructions. She found that if shes saves them first, they print faster and she can adjust the size better.

GL

wilderness
08-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Two suggestions to try, however I do add caution that you note and return these settings to their default for normal printing.

I) Your printer should have an option to where it turns OFF Print Spooling and allows to print directly to your printer.

2) "Some" windows software's use a "background printing" which will also slow down your process.

Finally a standard Windoze precaution that most people never seem to get to and that is clearing all your TEMP files. If you've never done so previously there are thousands, perhaps tens of thousands.