PDA

View Full Version : Honorable Miss on Sunday

Jasonm921
08-05-2011, 07:49 AM
This Sunday Versus is showing the Honorable Miss stakes. It drew a big field of five. That is a disgrace. NYRA takes a beating on this board but the horse men have to get slapped around here for this one. I don't know how one gets these guys to run their horses more often but maybe if NYRA put in the conditions if you run in the Honorable Miss you get a 5lb break for the Ballerina more horses would show. NYRA is putting the money up...getting national tv coverage, what more can they do to appease the horsemen?

Spalding No!
08-06-2011, 01:54 AM
This Sunday Versus is showing the Honorable Miss stakes. It drew a big field of five. That is a disgrace. NYRA takes a beating on this board but the horse men have to get slapped around here for this one. I don't know how one gets these guys to run their horses more often but maybe if NYRA put in the conditions if you run in the Honorable Miss you get a 5lb break for the Ballerina more horses would show. NYRA is putting the money up...getting national tv coverage, what more can they do to appease the horsemen?

Have any of the horses from the Bed O Roses run back yet?

ukbro00
08-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Entry fees are waived for the Ballerina if you run in the Honorable Miss.

Some_One
08-07-2011, 06:19 PM
More of the same; too many graded stakes races

Jasonm921
08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Entry fees are waived for the Ballerina if you run in the Honorable Miss.

I guess that still didn't entice them.

sonnyp
08-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I guess that still didn't entice them.

that's why places like monmouth hand out "appearance fees" to trainers for races like the haskell. total b.s.

Jasonm921
08-09-2011, 11:05 PM
True. I miss the days of horses. Running every two weeks and trainers that wanted to win and not afraid to lose.