PDA

View Full Version : Question for Buddha?

JustMissed
11-17-2003, 10:13 AM
Does Mountaineer have a handicapping show other than the simulcast show that Mark and Nancy host?

If so, who does it and where can it be seen?

Thanks,

JustMissed

Buddha
11-17-2003, 10:56 AM
No, there is no other thing other than Mark and Nancy. That is it. To show how much our area covers horse racing, there is nothing except a printout of entries and results that are sometimes in the local paper. Not much about it.

JustMissed
11-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks friend for your reply.

My son and I play Mountaineer four nights a week from Tampa simulcast.

We love the Mark and Nancy show and most nights feel like we are getting free handicapping lessons. I am in awe as to how much local knowledge they have(and share) and especially impressed with Mark's ability to analyse pace match-ups.

A new member posted at the Key Race thread the other day as Mountainman. In his profile he said he "hosted" a handicapping show. I would have thought Mark would have said "co-hosted" and that made me think Mountainman was someone other than Mark that maybe hosted a local show.

Anyway, if Mountainman is Mark, I hope he will post here more often.

Thanks,

JustMissed

P.S. What the hell happend Friday night. We got killed by those longshots. 80-1 and 60 someithing to one, gimmie a break. And could you believe that big super payoff-life changing for someone.
;)

mountainman
11-20-2003, 02:47 PM
thanks for the kind words abt mountaineer's simulcast show..will pass the praise along to nancy..i'm new to this forum and find it fun and stimulating..really enjoy exchanging ideas and learning from other handicappers...email me anytime..it's markwv45@msn.com

David McKenzie
11-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Mark,

I also like the Mountaineer show you and Nancy host and I appreciate your handicapping discussions. I enjoy your local digressions even more than the horse talk; they add color to the show and set it apart from other broadcasts which only analyze the current race card.

As a matter of fact, the only shows I do watch are yours and Katie & Jenna's.

And while I may view theirs a little more intently, at least I have the sound on for your show.

:>)

JustRalph
11-21-2003, 12:07 AM
Teach Jim Dolan how to say " Saint Ballado" as in the great sire. Everytime a Saint Ballado offspring runs at the Mountain and they have "Ballado" in their name........he blows it!!! they often have a name like "Ballado's..............something" and he says

" Ball.......a........dos" the last part pronounced like "Hoss" or Microsoft MS-Dos ...........it drives me crazy..........!!!!

Now give us the skinny on some of those wingnut trainers down there in the hills..............oh Yeah.......Welcome, glad you are here.