PDA

View Full Version : Naughty New Yorker

slew101
08-03-2011, 06:46 PM
I know Pat Kelly is very good at keeping older horses sound and running, but I think it's time for Naughty New Yorker to be retired.

This guy has banked over $1 million, but is winless in three years and now has lost 26 straight races, even though he ran some winning efforts in many of those.

Hate to see something bad happen. Hope today was it for him on the track.

FantasticDan
08-03-2011, 07:40 PM
He was actually retired due to injury in the Fall of 2010, and was to be sold as a stallion prospect at a Keeneland sale. He didn't reach his reserve, and was consigned. The new owners brought him back to race after some time off.

Would love to see him off the track and making babies at some NY farm..

sonnyp
08-03-2011, 07:59 PM
He was actually retired due to injury in the Fall of 2010, and was to be sold as a stallion prospect at a Keeneland sale. He didn't reach his reserve, and was consigned. The new owners brought him back to race after some time off.

Would love to see him off the track and making babies at some NY farm..

i worked for a short time decades ago for an illinois horseman, jerry grahm. family was huge financially....cattle,oil,banks.

he had a great barn including champions named goose filter and misty raquel. also he had a class old horse, kind of a minor stake or open pacer named smashing don.

i have no idea if this is the case with naughty new yorker, but jerry tried to retire smashing don a couple times, but he would have none of it. he was nervous in the stall and run the fences in the paddocks relentlessly.

sometimes they just want to be at the track. they're race horses and sometimes they just don't want to quit.

FantasticDan
08-03-2011, 08:22 PM
I erred in my earlier post when I said new owners - he's still owned by the same people who owned him prior to injury. When he didn't sell at auction, he was consigned to a different farm to recover from injury until he could return to the track..

FantasticDan
03-14-2013, 04:46 PM
BUMP

First foal for Naughty New Yorker:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76859/naughty-new-yorkers-first-foal-arrives

I'll be interested in following his progeny..

nijinski
03-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Oh the little savage that he is . I wish him well at stud .