PDA

View Full Version : Jock Alan Garcia winless at Saratoga

PhantomOnTour
08-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I heard he has a new agent, which can be tough in the beginning, but he's 0-29 according to the latest BRIS stats...ouch!

Awhile back this guy showed a flat bet profit at Sar for about 2yrs running.
I see he still rides for Kieran Mc but can't find the winners circle.

mabred
08-03-2011, 02:38 PM
so was robby Albarado until monday

Sun he lost that 6th race photo to go 0-30 along with my win bet

mabred

Linny
08-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Til Sunday none of the KY shippers had done much and Robby pretty much rides for the KY boys. Garcia however in a NY mainstay.

Patrick333
08-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Didn't Jose Santos have a long losing streak before Funny Cide won the Derby? I seem to remember it.

Striker
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Isn't Ron Anderson his agent? He parted ways with Gomez so he could come to the east coast I thought.

Shemp Howard
08-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Anderson is his agent. He must be starving.

toussaud
08-03-2011, 08:46 PM
think anderson really screwed the pooch when he left gomez. you are as good as your jockey and you had probably the bes in the country.

if i have a damn good job and it happens to be in a palce i don't want to live in (in socal of all places), you know what, you just gotta stick that stuff out. leaving gomez for alan garcia.

and gomez is only riding the best horse in the country right now lol

therussmeister
08-03-2011, 10:47 PM
think anderson really screwed the pooch when he left gomez. you are as good as your jockey and you had probably the bes in the country.

if i have a damn good job and it happens to be in a palce i don't want to live in (in socal of all places), you know what, you just gotta stick that stuff out. leaving gomez for alan garcia.

I disagree with you. I think you take less money to live where you want to live. After all, money is nothing but a means to give yourself a good life; if it means living somewhere you don't want to live, than it's nothing. That Alan Garcia is 0-29 sucks, but it won't last forever. Furthermore, I believe Mr. Garcia is an 18% winner. Every horseplayer should know from personal experience that a 29 race losing streak for an 18% winner is not at all unexpected.

sonnyp
08-03-2011, 11:09 PM

i respect your opinion, but he's not riding the best horses in the country if he's in so. cal.

Robert Fischer
08-04-2011, 08:20 AM
I disagree with you. I think you take less money to live where you want to live. After all, money is nothing but a means to give yourself a good life; if it means living somewhere you don't want to live, than it's nothing. That Alan Garcia is 0-29 sucks, but it won't last forever. Furthermore, I believe Mr. Garcia is an 18% winner. Every horseplayer should know from personal experience that a 29 race losing streak for an 18% winner is not at all unexpected.

Good post.

Personally, -Provided he's on an overlay, I'll take Garcia in a well matched turf classic. He is one of the stronger handlers, he can be patient to a fault, strong in the drive, good timing...

When you have a track not unkind to speed, and the mix of variables the likes of which we see at the SPA, jockeys with Garcia's style run the risk of "slumping".

certainly don't expect the O-FER!!! :eek:

GET OFF THE SCHNIDE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

postpicker
08-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Garcia is his own worst enemy. He has made many mistakes on and off the racetrack. Yes he is married and has a baby but he still has a lot of growing up to do. Plus, incidents like this leave a bad taste in the mouth of a trainer, don't stand before the wire and blow the 3rd place finish. Even if it didn't cost him third, it is the perception that will drive the owner and trainer crazy and cause him to lose the mount.

http://www.nyra.com/PhotoFinishAction.do?action=viewImage&trackId=SAR&raceDate=2011-08-03&raceNumber=2&position=3