PDA

View Full Version : Durant Scores 66 at Rucker Park

maddog42
08-03-2011, 12:59 PM
From Espn Page 2
NEW YORK -- Add Kevin Durant to the list of NBA greats who have played at Harlem's Rucker Park. And put him high on the list.
The reigning NBA scoring champion dazzled the crowd by scoring 66 points in an Entertainers Basketball Classic game on Monday.

ElKabong
08-04-2011, 01:06 AM
he's a good kid (now, man). I wish he had stayed in Austin longer than 2 semesters, but millions were wtg for him. I wish that guy nothing but the best

Canarsie
08-04-2011, 06:52 AM
From Espn Page 2
NEW YORK -- Add Kevin Durant to the list of NBA greats who have played at Harlem's Rucker Park. And put him high on the list.
The reigning NBA scoring champion dazzled the crowd by scoring 66 points in an Entertainers Basketball Classic game on Monday.

That's really impressive even though their not pros there those guys can really ball. Probably the toughest playground to play at in NYC. I see it was entertainers wonder if they let any regulars compete.

If anyone is in NYC go watch a few games at the W. 4th Street courts in the West Village. The price is right, the scenery (females) is awesome and you will see guys play their heart out.

Robert Fischer
08-04-2011, 08:44 AM
growing up in the DC area I think all the good ballplayers had Rucker Park on their checklist...

along the same lines, not sure if the "baker league" is still happening in Philly, as some of the old timers would tell me about that too (not sure if wilt ever played there), although RUCKER LEAGUE is the best...

from what I hear, this wasn't full of NBA ALL-STARS, but was more along the lines of a really good AAU game, very cool accomplishment Kevin Durant :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
08-04-2011, 09:08 AM
can't let go of the PLAYOFFS

Fischer with some controversial?? coaching opinions?

1st - VS the MAVS - I KNOW Durant is the "show"... and I know he is expected to "SCORE" primarily... and he must be "PROTECTED" lest he get into "FOUL TROUBLE" .... :blush: :p but I couldn't help yelling at the OKC coach to have DURANT guard DIRK in TIGHT man-man at half court... TIGHT defense where the quicker Durant would be ordered to harass Dirk... To fit inside Dirk's uniform and beat him to the spots... to play physical and block him away from getting to where he wanted to be... to play full-out-hard defense EVEN WHEN DIRK DIDN'T HAVE THE BALL...
This strategy is colloquially referred to by players as "PUTTING HIM ON LOCK-DOWN" :confused:
Obviously such strategy risks drawing fouls, and tires your primary scorer. I guess it comes down to whether OKC thought they could actually beat Dallas straight up.

2nd- on offense DURANT is still a better passer and better COURT VISION(not the horse) than WESTBROOK.
Westbrook or whoever can bring it up... but Durant should be playing "POINT-FORWARD" from past half-court...
He's too dynamic of a player. I think you want it in Durant's hands in the triple threat position at the Top of the Key. Westbrook can still slash(and he's probably more effective slashing than distributing...)

IN other words I want Durant to SHUTDOWN THE MVP and then be MAGIC JOHNSON on offense :bang::bang: n thats why im not coaching folks

cj
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
2nd- on offense DURANT is still a better passer and better COURT VISION(not the horse) than WESTBROOK.
Westbrook or whoever can bring it up... but Durant should be playing "POINT-FORWARD" from past half-court...
He's too dynamic of a player. I think you want it in Durant's hands in the triple threat position at the Top of the Key. Westbrook can still slash(and he's probably more effective slashing than distributing...)

IN other words I want Durant to SHUTDOWN THE MVP and then be MAGIC JOHNSON on offense :bang::bang: n thats why im not coaching folks

Ummmm....no. Durant is not that great of a ball handler. For his size, yes, he is. But having him play "point" results in lots of turnovers. As someone that hasn't missed a Thunder game in three years, he has trouble when pressured with the ball.

As for the defensive part, Durant is not bad when he needs to play D, but guarding Dirk was tried in that series and it didn't work. That isn't a knock on KD since I didn't see anyone stop Dirk the entire playoffs. Nick Collison did by far the best job, but even then Dirk had his moments.