PDA

View Full Version : Del Race 7 8/3/2011

Qstick333
08-03-2011, 10:52 AM
This is my first post on the site. I recently discovered it and have been having an enjoyable time browsing the archives, so I thought I would contribute.

I consider the 2 and 4 non-factors.

I am a bit skeptical of the 3, even with the move to a new barn. Lack of class and racing only state and 3YO races scares me a bit. I'm also a bit hesitant to pencil in the 5 to win. I like the trainer/owner combo and think the horse has raced well, especially in the same conditions. 3 starts back was the same race against older horses and this horse won. I am a bit concerned over the ease of getting a lead, especially with slowish splits. I am comfortable throwing out the last race since it was a 2 turn affair at a tight track (CT).

The early speed of the 1a,3,5 leave me looking for something just off the pace. I hope this race sets up well for the 6, although the horse has never won at this distance in 10 starts. The horse prefers to be a bit off the pace and should be seeing the benefits of a positive change in barns. Hopefully this will lead to a decent price to win, and I plan to use this horse in the back half of a few exotics as well for savers.

6/5/1a/7

Good luck!

Zach

Goofyscott
08-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Welcome and you have nice info that is given.

Qstick333
08-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Welcome and you have nice info that is given.

Thanks for the welcome and compliment. Of course, it hasn't been proven correct yet :D:D:D

I suspect I am a rather small player compared to many here, but I enjoy looking for spots etc... We'll see around 4pm.

Qstick333
08-03-2011, 04:31 PM
This is my first post on the site. I recently discovered it and have been having an enjoyable time browsing the archives, so I thought I would contribute.

I consider the 2 and 4 non-factors.

I am a bit skeptical of the 3, even with the move to a new barn. Lack of class and racing only state and 3YO races scares me a bit. I'm also a bit hesitant to pencil in the 5 to win. I like the trainer/owner combo and think the horse has raced well, especially in the same conditions. 3 starts back was the same race against older horses and this horse won. I am a bit concerned over the ease of getting a lead, especially with slowish splits. I am comfortable throwing out the last race since it was a 2 turn affair at a tight track (CT).

The early speed of the 1a,3,5 leave me looking for something just off the pace. I hope this race sets up well for the 6, although the horse has never won at this distance in 10 starts. The horse prefers to be a bit off the pace and should be seeing the benefits of a positive change in barns. Hopefully this will lead to a decent price to win, and I plan to use this horse in the back half of a few exotics as well for savers.

6/5/1a/7

Good luck!

Zach

That went less than splendidly. Race finished 1a/7/3/6

Hopefully, we'll get them next time.

Good luck today,

Zach