PDA

View Full Version : Tea party or any other 3rd party...DESTROYED..by the NEW super committee

sammy the sage
08-03-2011, 09:25 AM
How slick is that...old guard wants to STAY in power...this was the TRUE reason...it ACTUALLY ALLOWED the leaders of House & Senate of both parties to MARGINALIZE both the radical left (Progressives) and radical right (Tea Party) and removed them from power. You can say the Tea Party has been rope-a-doped by the Republican Party.

So in REALITY...no 3rd party WILL be allowed...business as USUAL

Read my by-line...I BEG you to DO THE same in 2012...

We MUST have term limits...PERIOD...

HUSKER55
08-03-2011, 09:46 AM
I agree and it is high time to go after these crooks with a vengence.

The really sad part of this is that the jerk who got excited and shot senator giffords had absolutely no impact on the rest of the politicians.

You have to wonder. Are those people really so naive that they don't think it could happen to them?

What does it take to make an impact?

The only answer is to vote the bastards out!

Tom
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Both parties conspired to create this committee to do their jobs for them and to ensure no Tea Party people were on it.

They outsourced their responsibilities.

We now have litmus test of who has to voted out, both sides.

cj's dad
08-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Super Committee = Old Boy Network

With the exclusion of Tea Party electees this "committee" will subvert the intentions of those who voted for change in DC. Alas, it's bidness as usual.

turninforhome10
08-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Is this Super committee constitutional?

DJofSD
08-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Hell. I didn't even get a kiss.

Sugar Ron
08-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Really no different than a grade school classroom

Sometimes ya just have to remove the unruly TROUBLEMAKERS...

Tom
08-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Yes, because it will only make recommendations.
The Congress has been very clever over the years, in how they make committes and appointments and such so as to totally make sure that only the parties are represented, never the people. So one will ever convince me that I have equal representation under the law the way they have organized themselves. Do the people who just elected a Tea Party representative have the same power in the House as those represented by Nancy Pelsoi?

The government has fundamental flaws and bottom line, it doesn't work and must be scrapped and started over from scratch. The constitution is a failed document and a failed idea. It lasted only a little over 200 years - relatively short in the history of the world.

Tom
08-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Really no different than a grade school classroom

Sometimes ya just have to remove the unruly TROUBLEMAKERS...

No matter how much you whine about it, the Tea Party had no impact ont he final vote. More dems voted for it than there are Tea Party freshman.
This is a dem bill through and through.

GaryG
08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
You can bet the Tea Party Express will be in high gear for the 2012 campaign with RINO's as well as wing nuts in the cross hairs. What could be better than to be called terrorists by Van Jones? I saw a DU thread entitled "Obama financially lynched by racist Tea Party members". :lol:

turninforhome10
08-03-2011, 11:08 AM
The Congress has been very clever over the years, in how they make committes and appointments and such so as to totally make sure that only the parties are represented, never the people. So one will ever convince me that I have equal representation under the law the way they have organized themselves. Do the people who just elected a Tea Party representative have the same power in the House as those represented by Nancy Pelsoi?

The government has fundamental flaws and bottom line, it doesn't work and must be scrapped and started over from scratch. The constitution is a failed document and a failed idea. It lasted only a little over 200 years - relatively short in the history of the world.
You are right Tom. The fundamental flaw is paying these clowns 4x what they could making in the real world. IMHO, our leaders are merely the flunkies for Big Business, they don't write legislation anymore, that is done on K Street. Our leaders now are really the best of the rest (or the worst of the rest). We have not had a true leader since?
I sincerely believe the Constitution was written to create a country of followers who don't ask questions and leaders who cannot be questioned once elected. The Constitution was written around the same time as the French Revolution and our founders framed the document to prevent insurrection against the rich and powerful. It is a really good read and well written, but it has become powerless to help the average citizen.
We have become a country of two parties "cows" and "those who enjoy a good steak". Why do we need paid officials anyway. Is paying them mean we get the best "hell no". We need to get volunteers who can do the job and are in power to help others not themselves. When employees can't get the job done in the real world they are fired. In Washington they have lost all ability to relate to its constituency and have no accountability for the job they are doing and we sit powerless waiting for the next word from the great dis tractors known as the popular media. We as a country are more separated than ever and as long as we cry out in a million single voices nothing will change. When we as country figure out that our true enemy is the politician then things may change.
The sad thing is that me having a degree in Political Science, means that with understanding comes devout bitterness. I am seething to think that we gave these a''''holes a chance and this is how the repay us. It is the indignity that comes from understanding the big picture and watch these rats confuse the sh't out of everyone with meaningless crap and the American public who is too busy making ends meet and playing with their new phone app, while watching Snooky on the Jersey Shore runs in circles wondering if they really have a dog in the fight. It just irritates me to no end, the smoke and mirrors that nobody wants to try and see through to find the real truth.

ArlJim78
08-03-2011, 11:19 AM
you don't get it, the tea party will have influence on this "super committee" even if they have only the old guard on it. they just recommend what should be voted on.

whatever they do the next election is going to be an even bigger red wave than we had in 2012. the great society relics and members of the old boy network are history. worldwide the grand public entitlement models are in their death throes.

States like Wisconsin and Ohio are showing the way how to turn things around with competent management.

turninforhome10
08-03-2011, 11:24 AM
you don't get it, the tea party will have influence on this "super committee" even if they have only the old guard on it. they just recommend what should be voted on.

whatever they do the next election is going to be an even bigger red wave than we had in 2012. the great society relics and members of the old boy network are history. worldwide the grand public entitlement models are in their death throes.

States like Wisconsin and Ohio are showing the way how to turn things around with competent management.

Please explain Wisconsin and Ohio.

maddog42
08-03-2011, 11:48 AM
How slick is that...old guard wants to STAY in power...this was the TRUE reason...it ACTUALLY ALLOWED the leaders of House & Senate of both parties to MARGINALIZE both the radical left (Progressives) and radical right (Tea Party) and removed them from power. You can say the Tea Party has been rope-a-doped by the Republican Party.

So in REALITY...no 3rd party WILL be allowed...business as USUAL

Read my by-line...I BEG you to DO THE same in 2012...

We do not know if a Tea Party rep will be on the panel or not. They very might have several and they probably will.

maddog42
08-03-2011, 11:57 AM

Your lack of faith in the constitution is very telling. To be elected in this country you must swear an oath to protect the constitution. Thank God!! The constitution is perhaps the greatest document to ever be put into law. Even some of the craziest radicals from both sides of the political spectrum agree on this. They just disagree on how to implement the freedoms it guarantees.

boxcar
08-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Hell. I didn't even get a kiss.

All this just further reinforces the point I made yesterday on another thread that the Tea Party and the nation were the big losers in this this "deal". The establishment leaders from both political parties had a deal cut over the weekend that did nothing to cut spending or downsize government, but it did everything to marginalize the Tea Party.

And Goren said politicians aren't that smart! :rolleyes: The natural instinct for self-preservation will almost always pick up any slack in the cerebral department. And this is guaranteed when a pack of wolves convene to conspire.

Boxcar

TJDave
08-03-2011, 12:19 PM

We've always had term limits. Otherwise, there would be no need for elections.

turninforhome10
08-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Your lack of faith in the constitution is very telling. To be elected in this country you must swear an oath to protect the constitution. Thank God!! The constitution is perhaps the greatest document to ever be put into law. Even some of the craziest radicals from both sides of the political spectrum agree on this. They just disagree on how to implement the freedoms it guarantees.
The constitution is one of the greatest documents ever created, granted, but it is only as good as those who have the power to interpret it and enforce it. Therein lies the problem. How can the Constitution be protected when lawmakers don't write laws anymore. K Street runs the show and leaders just show up to take credit. Most leaders don't even read legislation, they just vote as they are told. We have given the leadership of this country to the best of the worst and we are going to play hell getting it back. Those who can work in private industry, those who can't go to Washington.

DJofSD
08-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Oh, pleaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeee. The constitution is p*ssed on by the members of Congress.

ArlJim78
08-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Please explain Wisconsin and Ohio.
Republicans have put these states back on a positive footing by going against the will of the public unions.

turninforhome10
08-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Republicans have put these states back on a positive footing by going against the will of the public unions.
And this is good how?

ArlJim78
08-03-2011, 12:40 PM
And this is good how?
if you really don't know then it would be a waste of time, and if you're playing a game it's also a waste of time.
if you have a point make it.

JustRalph
08-03-2011, 12:42 PM
And this is good how?

ok, now you're headed into troll country with the top down on a convertable

turninforhome10
08-03-2011, 12:52 PM
if you really don't know then it would be a waste of time, and if you're playing a game it's also a waste of time.
if you have a point make it.
Why is making someone accountable for their statements a waste of time. This is a forum for discussion. Not making blanket statements without explanation. You are the one trying to make a point so make it with some facts. Wisconsin and Ohio put the smack down on unions and you tie this in to better government. How are the two related. What is wrong with backing up your statements with some fact? How does destroying collective bargaining help the average citizen? While I agree this is a big step it still seems very partisan. What will happen now and what is the future of the legislation?

GaryG
08-03-2011, 01:12 PM
This one is coming up to the plate with nothing on it saying "hit me". I think I will pass up the opportunity.....

Ocala Mike
08-03-2011, 01:13 PM
ok, now you're headed into troll country with the top down on a convertable

Be afraid, be very afraid!

By the way, the OP left out FL's Gov. Rick Scott. His approval rating is now down to about 29% in a prime example of voter's remorse. Kasich and Walker have seen their approval ratings drop precipitously as well.

Ocala Mike

turninforhome10
08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
I am not trying to be troll, It seems to me that in the political history of this country the third party almost always becomes manipulated to the point of absorption into one of the big two. The tea party is a great idea and I totally support it's original intent, but how is this any different than the Know Nothings or the John Birch Society or the Bull Moose party. If someone would please explain how the tea party is any different. I understand where you are coming from, government needs reigned in but what is your plan to balance the budget without tax increases and killing all forms of government programs. Controlling spending is a big part, but with Keynesian economics firmly implanted in Washington, reigning in government spending will flatten any hope of economic recovery. IMHO, the Tea Party name is being thrown around by any politician wanting to be different and I am afraid your original intent is going to manipulated to the point of becoming a catch phrase unless it remains critical of those claiming to be a part of it. Ron Paul is a great man and I have total respect for his political views, but his original message is becoming diluted, by those politician looking for the best train to ride into office in 2012.
I am proud to live in country where new political views can flourish and I believe in your movement and hope it works, but beware of those wolfs in sheep clothing, waiting to steal your thunder and sellout once in Washington.
If we want real change in this country, maybe we will realize that being a politician should not be considered a career, but a civic duty. Wanna balance the budget and change government, let those that are willing to take the job based on this idea of duty rather than power and greed volunteer for the job.
Jefferson and Plato both expressed the idea that government was our civic duty.
These are the ideal for which I stand as I am Jeffersonian Democrat

Jeffersonian democracy is characterized by the following core ideals, which Jeffersonians expressed in their speeches and legislation:
The core political value of America is representative democracy; citizens have a civic duty to aid the state and resist corruption, especially monarchism and aristocracy.[1]
The yeoman farmer best exemplifies civic virtue and independence from corrupting city influences; government policy should be for his benefit. Financiers, bankers and industrialists make cities the 'cesspools of corruption', and should be avoided.[2]
Americans had a duty to spread what Jefferson called the "Empire of Liberty" to the world, but should avoid "entangling alliances."[3]
The national government is a dangerous necessity to be instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security of the people, nation or community; it should be watched closely and circumscribed in its powers. Most Anti-Federalists from 1787–88 joined the Jeffersonians.[4]
Separation of church and state is the best method to keep government free of religious disputes, and religion free from corruption by government.[5]
The federal government must not violate the rights of individuals. The Bill of Rights is a central theme.[6]
The federal government must not violate the rights of the states. The Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798 (written secretly by Jefferson and James Madison) proclaim these principles.[7]
Freedom of speech and the press are the best methods to prevent tyranny over the people by their own government. The Federalists' violation of this freedom through the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 became a major issue.[8]
A standing army and navy are dangerous to liberty and should be avoided; much better was to use economic coercion such as the embargo.[9]
The United States Constitution was written in order to ensure the freedom of the people. However, "no society can make a perpetual constitution or even a perpetual law. The earth belongs always to the living generation."[10]
All men had the right to be informed, and thus, to have a say in the government. The protection and expansion of human liberty was one of the chief goals of the Jeffersonians. They also reformed their respective state systems of education. They believed that their citizens had a right to an education no matter their circumstance or status in life.[citation needed]

I hope we don't get fooled again.

ArlJim78
08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Why is making someone accountable for their statements a waste of time. This is a forum for discussion. Not making blanket statements without explanation. You are the one trying to make a point so make it with some facts. Wisconsin and Ohio put the smack down on unions and you tie this in to better government. How are the two related. What is wrong with backing up your statements with some fact? How does destroying collective bargaining help the average citizen? While I agree this is a big step it still seems very partisan. What will happen now and what is the future of the legislation?
we had many discussions on the Wisconsin thing months ago at great length. i made many lengthy replies as to how I felt about it and don't feel like rehashing it now. look it up if you want.

you say that it was big step, so we seem to be in agreement which again makes me wonder why you ask me to go through the exercise of repeating my prior arguments objecting to collective bargaining for public service workers when you also feel that it was necessary.

and yes of course it's partisan, the unions are a branch of the democratic party. when they "bargain" they're bargaining with themselves. that was the problem in a nutshell.

DJofSD
08-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Jefferson and the other founding fathers did not have a professional political class. And neither should we.

turninforhome10
08-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Jefferson and the other founding fathers did not have a professional political class. And neither should we.
Exactly

Tom
08-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Your lack of faith in the constitution is very telling.

In order for the constitution to work, it was assumed men of honor and character would run the government. Abe Lincoln was still alive when that last happened. The constitution was not written strong enough and specific enough to prevent the scum that we elect from getting around it. We no longer elect leaders, we elect parties.

rastajenk
08-03-2011, 02:47 PM
One big difference about the TEA party from other third-parties of the past is that it has some local organization. In some places, not so much, but in other areas they have evolved quickly.

Why does this matter? Because by putting out winning candidates at low levels, it has earned the right to be represented at statewide conventions and other policy adopting mechanisms. They have the will and the power to challenge incumbents and defeat them if they can't change them. The Greens, Socialist, Commies, Libertarians and other minor parties will always remain minor parties on the national scene unless they can organize on the local level.

The MSNBC's of the journalism world would have you believe TEA-partiers are a tiny sliver of a lunatic fringe, but they could not have the kind of Conressional power demonstrated the last few weeks without a broad base of local support. So MSNBC and its ilk are reporting in a manner that is either stupid, stubborn, or intentionally dishonest, probably a combination of all three that is neither responsible or honorable.

ceejay
08-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Personally, I think that the fix is in for this new super-committee. The Republicans have vowed not to put anybody on the committee will consider any tax increase on any entity. I am sure that the Democrats will respond in kind by not putting anybody on who will touch any entitlement for any entity. This is the recipe for a 6-6 stalemate, no action, and the subsequent sequestration.

I suspect (and I could be wrong) that the tea party movement would like across-the-board cuts that are sequestration.

GaryG
08-03-2011, 05:38 PM
The John Birch Society was never intended to be a political party. It was an advocacy group with goals similar to the Tea Party: Limited fed govt, states rights, leaving the UN and the strongly opposed all types of collectivism. Although demonized by the MSM, as has been the Tea Party, the JBS is still around.