PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires.com Offering Community Pool for $150K Hambo Pick 4

Race Promoter
08-02-2011, 11:11 PM
I believe this is the first time an ADW has established a community pool for an harness racing event. Below is the info. Almost $4k in the pool already today. A great way to be part of a big payoff without investing alot.

How to Jump Into the Players' Pool
Contribute to the pool by entering your account information and the amount of money you want to put into the pool. It will not appear as a tote wager from the wagering screen. There is a $10 minimum amount to enter the pool. There is a $2,000 maximum (per account, per pool). Amounts will be in increments of $10 from a drop-down selection. The increment will shift to $50 values for larger amounts. Multiple combinations and entries will be allowed.

Winnings/Calculations
Your percentage of winnings will be based on the amount of the money in the Players' Pool. There is no guarantee of winning. You may enter multiple times. There are no restrictions on adding money to your portion of the pool. All winnings will be put back into the pool and 100% of the pool will be paid out. There is no takeout in the Players' Pool beyond the normal takeout associated with the Pool’s wagers. Players are responsible for any taxes that they may incur.

Example: You put in the minimum $10 and the pool grows to $10,000. The experts have the lone Pick Six winner worth $1,000,000. Your winning percentage is .1%(10/10,000) of the total winning ticket worth $1,000,000. You would win $1,000 (0.001 X 1,000,000).

The Players’ Pool is designed to be educational and fun and in no way guarantees a winning wager. While the Players’ Pool has had success in the past, this is no indication of future performance. Results can vary on any given day.

precocity
08-03-2011, 06:42 AM
chirp chirp :ThmbDown:

Canarsie
08-03-2011, 07:08 AM
chirp chirp :ThmbDown:

I'm going to disagree with you.

I think they have done this for large P6's before. I live in NJ so even if I wanted to there's zero chance of me putting in ten bucks or more.

At least to me this is a good way to introduce newbies to the sport. First they will have to sign up and second they get a wagering lesson immediately. They could make money, lose it all, or make or lose a little depending on how much the ticket or multiple ones pay.

If they stay alive for at least three or four races maybe they will like what they see and come back. If even a few houses around the country hold Hambo parties it works for me. This is from a guy who hardly plays harness anymore but still wishes the sport well.

It's a day they should give out free programs online to anyone who wants them. After all the USTA upped the fee they charged Trackmaster twice in one year (I have the email) That would be a way to win fans over not the back to the Track promotion they run once a year. When Trackmaster runs a harness contest they give you free programs for every track the day it's run the Hambo is a much bigger day to try it again.

My two cents.

lamboguy
08-03-2011, 07:21 AM
i agree with carnaise on this one. i am going to put in for a few tickets just to see how it works and report back

precocity
08-03-2011, 10:19 AM
jumped in once put in 100 got back 155 and a IRS ticket...have fun..

PhantomOnTour
08-03-2011, 10:21 AM
jumped in once put in 100 got back 155 and a IRS ticket...have fun..
Exactly...when are folks gonna learn.
You can hit the P6 and lose money.

Canarsie
08-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Exactly...when are folks gonna learn.
You can hit the P6 and lose money.

I'm not a mathematics major nor would I play that type of wager. But please tell me how winning $55 is losing money? Plus there is the almighty write off which every sharp accountant knows how to use for the max.

The better argument is I rather cap it on my own, it's my money, that's what I would expect of here.

So if a newbie makes that his or hers first play is that what you are going to tell them? when are folks gonna learn

No wonder it's hard to attract new blood into this game. :bang:

precocity
08-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm not a mathematics major nor would I play that type of wager. But please tell me how winning $55 is losing money? Plus there is the almighty write off which every sharp accountant knows how to use for the max.

The better argument is I rather cap it on my own, it's my money, that's what I would expect of here.

So if a newbie makes that his or hers first play is that what you are going to tell them? when are folks gonna learn

No wonder it's hard to attract new blood into this game. :bang:
yep and I will show the whippersnapper how to make a real bet... :lol:

Race Promoter
08-05-2011, 10:45 AM
I think it is more of a fun wager and maybe a hedge against your capped ticket. There is already over $8,500 in the pool so only $1,500 until they hit the sell out point. I am hoping they get the $1,500 and come back with more of these opportunities for newbies and just to create some excitement in harness racing. I tend to think there is also some thoroughbred player money in the pool since these community pools provide an easy way to get some crossover.

Thanks to all who have participated and those who will be later today. It is all good for the game.

Saratoga_Mike
08-05-2011, 11:04 AM
What was the handle for the Pick 6 (the thread headline says Pick 4, but I think it should say Pick 6???) pool last yr? Thanks.