PDA

View Full Version : The Race

WORKFORCE
08-01-2011, 08:19 PM
What is the perfect race for a Speed Rating to be used to it's full effect?

I have always had a good record in sprints whilst the longer the distance the more irrelevant the speed rating becomes.

Should a speed rating only be used in handicaps, over distances no longer than 6 furlongs, fields that are bigger than 6 and hold more than one front runner? surely all these factors would indicate a sound pace.

I baffles me, people using speed ratings over 10-14f etc, defeats the purpose.

beefas
08-01-2011, 08:40 PM
check out todays race#8 at suffolk downs!.. :lol: ..box to wire..$124.00 to win ..front runner..8.5 on the turf..#2 viola george..he looked like curly from the three stoogies fed him the hot peppers.. :D

Golf and Horses
08-01-2011, 09:31 PM
check out todays race#8 at suffolk downs!.. :lol: ..box to wire..$124.00 to win ..front runner..8.5 on the turf..#2 viola george..he looked like curly from the three stoogies fed him the hot peppers.. :D
o0zd1Pd-LGQ

beefas
08-01-2011, 10:10 PM
:lol: :lol: thks for posting that.... :cool:

TheGhostOfOscarB
08-02-2011, 12:06 AM
looks like the rail was golden that day, I'm making a note for when they run back.

LottaKash
08-02-2011, 01:07 AM
[/b]
o0zd1Pd-LGQ

Hey G&H, glad you posted that stooges flick :ThmbUp: ....Been a long time since I saw that one....Lots of laughs, what a hoot.....:D

best,

mannyberrios
08-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Anyone can win! :lol: :lol: :lol:

classhandicapper
08-02-2011, 09:25 AM
I think speed figures help clarify situations where there isn't much information about the horses.

As a general rule, I look at speed figures for maiden races with a lot of first time starters and other races with horses of limited experience because there is a wide range of quality in those races that is hard to evaluate beforehand and the horses can improve dramatically quickly.

Other than that, IMO they are just putting you on in form horses and dragging you towards favorites. You often get the right horse for the wrong reason at a bad price.