View Full Version : marco Rubios' debt speech

cj's dad
08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
-fsG4jLBmrs

Dave Schwartz
08-01-2011, 10:35 AM
I was just about to post this.

This guy will be a Presidential cnadidate - as soon as he is old enough. :lol:

Seriously, this is a democrat that makes lots of sense. He is courageous to make such a statement as a freshman senator.

jelly
08-01-2011, 10:37 AM
A very impressive speech.The party has some very good young non white politicians that thr Liberals can't use the race card against.

What happened to John "live shot" Kerry's face? No wrinkles.

jelly
08-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I think you mean republican.

Robert Goren
08-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Another Rhino that the conservatives have a temporary crush on until his views become more widely known. The Scott Brown of August of 2011.

ArlJim78
08-01-2011, 12:07 PM
This kid is the real deal. I think he's a shoe in if he should ever decide to run for prez. He ain't no Scott Brown that's for sure.

lamboguy
08-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I was just about to post this.

This guy will be a Presidential cnadidate - as soon as he is old enough. :lol:

Seriously, this is a democrat that makes lots of sense. He is courageous to make such a statement as a freshman senator.they should forgo age requirements and get him in now. it will be to late 4 years from now. i thought he was republican, but it don't make any difference

Rookies
08-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Of all the Tea Party endorsed candidates, Rubio is certainly the strongest. He is an apt communicator in two critical languages , while having none of the insane baggage of many of the other TP pols, along with the pluses of a good and photogenic family.
And, he doesn't appear to use the strident language of denunciation so common in many of his fellows.

One to watch- for sure.

bigmack
08-01-2011, 04:06 PM
while having none of the insane baggage of many of the other TP pols,
And, he doesn't appear to use the strident language of denunciation so common in many of his fellows.
That's why I like to read this section. You get information not found elsewhere. Like this 'many' thing you're harpin' about.

Do us a solid and tell us how many, 'many' is and fill us in on all the insane baggage. I know Engle & O'Donnell gave you a tingle, but...

JustRalph
08-01-2011, 04:47 PM
http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85864&highlight=rubio

DJofSD
08-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Another Rhino that the conservatives have a temporary crush on until his views become more widely known. The Scott Brown of August of 2011.
Marco is not another Scott. If you had a chance to listen to both when they appear on the talk radio circuit, you'd realize that. But, that has about as much of a chance of happening as a snow ball in hell.

mostpost
08-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Dave Schwartz and Lamboguy both think Marco Rubio is a democrat. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And we're supposed to take what they say seriously? If you can't pay enough attention to know the political party of one of the more well known young senators, stay out of the pool.
And I don't care what the price of gold is.

JustRalph
08-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Dave Schwartz and Lamboguy both think Marco Rubio is a democrat. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And we're supposed to take what they say seriously? If you can't pay enough attention to know the political party of one of the more well known young senators, stay out of the pool.
And I don't care what the price of gold is.

you are getting a little cranky around the edges lately............

ElKabong
08-01-2011, 08:42 PM

ever go to a party and there's some knowitall by himself making his way around the room, talking loudly, arguing every point to save face, and being a nuisance to all to where the wife says "can we just leave?" b/c before this knowitall entered the room, everyone was enjoying themselves and having a good time....we have someone here like that....

cj's dad
08-01-2011, 08:43 PM

USPS is closing offices nationwide. Mostie probably knows some of the deadbeats being laid off.

lamboguy
08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Marco is not another Scott. If you had a chance to listen to both when they appear on the talk radio circuit, you'd realize that. But, that has about as much of a chance of happening as a snow ball in hell.i think i said i thought he was republican, it don't make any difference to me what he is

mostpost
08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
ever go to a party and there's some knowitall by himself making his way around the room, talking loudly, arguing every point to save face, and being a nuisance to all to where the wife says "can we just leave?" b/c before this knowitall entered the room, everyone was enjoying themselves and having a good time....we have someone here like that....
This ain't a party. It's a forum for political discussion. You don't like people to disagree with you, then start a forum and only allow you as a member. I don't knowitall; I just know more than you.

mostpost
08-01-2011, 10:15 PM
That's why I like to read this section. You get information not found elsewhere. Like this 'many' thing you're harpin' about.

Do us a solid and tell us how many, 'many' is and fill us in on all the insane baggage. I know Engle & O'Donnell gave you a tingle, but...
Merriam Webster online:
Many: consisting of or amounting to a large but indefinite number.

Examples of insane baggage:
1. Expecting the poorest to pay the cost of balancing the budget, while rewarding the richest which further unbalancing the budget.
2. Thinking that cutting taxes will produce more revenue than maintaining the same rates.
3. Thinking that cutting taxes will produce more revenue than raising taxes.
4. Thinking that cutting taxes will encourage businesses to expand and hire more people when know one is buying their products.
5. Thinking it's a good idea to privatize Social Security and leave retirement funding to the vagaries of the stock market.
6. Thinking that cutting teachers' salaries is a good way to attract dedicated teachers and improve education.
7. Thinking it's a good idea to destroy public education and entrust our children to private companies with profit as their sole motive.
8. Thinking that corporations are people and allowing them to spend unlimited money to influence elections.
9. Allowing them to do this without accountability.
10 BEING a Republican and especially a Member of the Tea Party.

mostpost
08-01-2011, 10:19 PM
i think i said i thought he was republican, it don't make any difference to me what he is

I thought you were saying that you originally thought Rubio was a Republican but were now agreeing with DS that he was a Democrat.
Sorry if I mischaracterized your position. But I still don't care what the price of gold is.

bigmack
08-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Merriam Webster online:
Many: consisting of or amounting to a large but indefinite number.
Best if you found the definition of luggage first. You're drifting.

An absolute laugh riot, you & BO, with your panties in a bind about FatKitties and their tax rate. You should have been on stage with Immelt & Barry when Barry joked about jobs not being shovel ready. Immelt from GE who didn't pay a nickel in Fed taxes.

Factoid: Top 1% wage earners pays more in taxes than the bottom 95%.

Meanwhile, use these for your panties. :jump:

http://a248.g.akamai.net/7/248/8278/20070906182224/www.sephora.com/assets/dyn/product/P39723/P39723_hero.jpg

ElKabong
08-01-2011, 11:25 PM
This ain't a party. It's a forum for political discussion. You don't like people to disagree with you, then start a forum and only allow you as a member. I don't knowitall; I just know more than you.

The analogy fit. You're a turd in a punchbowl, it's that simple.

You know less than 90% here, that's crystal clear. The phrase pigs don't know pigs stink, pertains to you more than anyone that's ever posted on this forum, and I started posting in 1999.

Now you can go back to pasting wikipedia links for answers to posts here....

mostpost
08-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Factoid: Top 1% wage earners pays more in taxes than the bottom 95%.
First of all, the definition of Factoid from MW.
: an invented fact believed to be true because it appears in print

A factoid is not a small fact as you seem to believe.

Now I am going to do something that will aggravate and annoy Elkabong. My favorite thing. :jump: :jump: I'm going to copy and paste a chart that will show that BM is full of C**P.
Incomes and Federal, State & Local Taxes in 2010
Shares of Taxes as a % of Income
Average
cash
income
Total
income
Total
taxes
Federal
taxes
State &
local
taxes
Total
taxes
Lowest 20% $ 12,500 3.5% 2.0% 3.9% 12.3% 16.2%
Second 20% 25,300 7.1% 5.2% 9.1% 11.6% 20.7%
Middle 20% 40,700 11.6% 10.3% 13.9% 11.2% 25.1%
Fourth 20% 66,300 19.0% 19.0% 17.3% 11.1% 28.5%
Next 10% 100,000 14.3% 15.1% 19.0% 11.0% 30.0%
Next 5% 140,000 10.2% 11.2% 20.5% 10.6% 31.1%
Next 4% 241,000 14.2% 15.6% 21.4% 9.9% 31.3%
Top 1% 1,254,000 20.3% 21.5% 22.1% 7.9% 30.0%
ALL 68,200 100.0% 100.0% 18.1% 10.3% 28.4%
Addendum:
Bottom 99% $ 56,200 79.8% 78.4% 16.9% 10.9% 27.9%
Notes:
1. Taxes include all federal, state & local taxes (personal and corporate income, payroll,
property, sales, excise, estate etc.).

A little hard to read so I have bolded the percentage of taxes paid by each group . The Top one percent which earns 20.3% of the total income pays 21.5% of the total taxes. The bottom 95% earns 65.7% of the total income. They pay 62.8% of the total taxes. I went to school a long time ago, but when I did 21.5 was not more than 62.8. It was a lot less.

Hey Elkabong, I was wrong to say I know more than you. I know a lot more. I also know a lot more than you BM.

ETA my source for the table above.
http://www.ctj.org/pdf/taxday2011.pdf

ElKabong
08-02-2011, 12:49 AM
i've seen chart after chart over the past few months that don't match the waste of space you just posted....I reject your weak layup & put it in the 7th row :jump:

FWIW, I've said I'd be open to higher taxes on 500k per yr earners w/ the following conditions

-unemployed put in public service hrs commensurate to the amount of time they've been recv'g assistance.

-severe budget cuts employed now - not down the road.

-balanced budget Amendment, passed. Effective immediately

Problem is, Obama set the bar too low. 150 to 250k is not "wealthy", certainly not in NYC or parts of the west coast. It's almost as if Obama really doesn't want to pass ANY tax hike legislation with that low of a figure. The arguement will always be that the # is too low to be taken seriously in order to lead to productive negotiations

mostpost
08-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Here is an article from fact check.org which deals with only federal taxes.
http://factcheck.org/2008/05/top-1-what-they-make-and-pay/

Highlights:
Q: What percent of taxes does the top 1 percent pay and what percent of the income do they make?
A: The top 1 percent of all households got 18 percent of all personal income and paid nearly 28 percent of all federal taxes in 2005, according to the Congressional Budget Office. The top 1 percent now pay a significantly larger share of taxes than before President Bush’s tax cuts, and also have a larger share of income.

28% is less than 72%

bigmack
08-02-2011, 02:43 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/taxfound.png

http://www.atr.org/top-percent-pays-more-taxes-bottom-a3619