PDA

View Full Version : Industry Day at Grand River Raceway...

LottaKash
07-31-2011, 11:32 PM
Warrawee Needy runs tonite at Grand River.....$300K Battle of Waterloo....

Many of the supporting races have elevated purses for Industry day.....A few races have some Mohawk shipppers coming in for some ez-pickens ?......Nonetheless, at first glance, it looks like a very interesting card....Better than the usual, that is....

best,
=================================================

Industry Day at Grand River Raceway

Monday, August 2, 2007

Gates Open at 11:00 a.m.

Post Time 2:00 p.m.

Join us for a $500,000 afternoon, featuring the $300,000 Battle of Waterloo

Industry Day (celebrating the harness racing industry) is held annually on the Civic Holiday, the first Monday of August, at Grand River Raceway. Industry Day is one of Canadian harness racing's most celebrated events, attracting racing fans province-wide and beyond. Industry Day began at the (now defunct) Elmira Raceway in 1991. For its 16th year, Industry Day celebrates its third running at Grand River Raceway.

Whether you are an avid racing fan, casual spectator or newcomer to this vibrant sport, Industry Day is a great opportunity to take in the sights and share in the celebration of all that makes harness racing tops!

Ray2000
08-01-2011, 06:39 AM
thx for HU LK

Free Programs, smart trackman picks, and good stats including winners ½ pole position %s

http://www.grandriverraceway.com/web/?page_id=24

my plays

Grand River R8....5 w/4,9,1 ...Jinglejanglejingle-9/2 ...win and key box ex
Grand River R9 ...NEEDY #5 on top 149 super

mostpost
08-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Warrawee Needy runs tonite at Grand River.....$300K Battle of Waterloo....

Many of the supporting races have elevated purses for Industry day.....A few races have some Mohawk shipppers coming in for some ez-pickens ?......Nonetheless, at first glance, it looks like a very interesting card....Better than the usual, that is....

best,
=================================================

Industry Day at Grand River Raceway

Monday, August 2, 2007

Gates Open at 11:00 a.m.

Post Time 2:00 p.m.

Join us for a $500,000 afternoon, featuring the $300,000 Battle of Waterloo

Industry Day (celebrating the harness racing industry) is held annually on the Civic Holiday, the first Monday of August, at Grand River Raceway. Industry Day is one of Canadian harness racing's most celebrated events, attracting racing fans province-wide and beyond. Industry Day began at the (now defunct) Elmira Raceway in 1991. For its 16th year, Industry Day celebrates its third running at Grand River Raceway.

Whether you are an avid racing fan, casual spectator or newcomer to this vibrant sport, Industry Day is a great opportunity to take in the sights and share in the celebration of all that makes harness racing tops!

Was that the worst drive in the history of the world? WN wasn't on the gate at the start. Carl Jamieson dropped him back to last. Got him caught behind gapping horses. Got him boxed inside by a fading horse, took him three wide in the stretch and five wide on the final turn. He seemed to have no plan and no ability to execute one if he did have.

J. Jamieson was the driver in the first six races. I'm not real familiar with Canadian racing, but I seem to recall he is a fairly good driver. Carl Jamieson's driving record is eight starts zero wins. Do you have any idea why the change? Owner ego?

Warrawee Needy dominated these horses a week ago and suddenly he not only loses but never threatens.

GregReinhart
08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Was that the worst drive in the history of the world? WN wasn't on the gate at the start. Carl Jamieson dropped him back to last. Got him caught behind gapping horses. Got him boxed inside by a fading horse, took him three wide in the stretch and five wide on the final turn. He seemed to have no plan and no ability to execute one if he did have.

J. Jamieson was the driver in the first six races. I'm not real familiar with Canadian racing, but I seem to recall he is a fairly good driver. Carl Jamieson's driving record is eight starts zero wins. Do you have any idea why the change? Owner ego?

Warrawee Needy dominated these horses a week ago and suddenly he not only loses but never threatens.

Jody is at the world driving championship and was not available to drive the horse so his dad Carl put himself down. It was a poor decision the entire time, even if the horse had won, with the driving talent available that didn't have a drive in the race.

sonnyp
08-01-2011, 05:07 PM
jodie jamieson, the son and regular driver is off competing in the world driver champioship so father carl drove today. last time he drove, the clt made a break but still won. today he got away dead last from the 5 hole and then pulled before the half and was 2 and 3 wide the rest of the mile to be a well beaten 3rd.

im sure all involved wish the son had been there to drive.

race replay can be seen at link posted above.

mostpost
08-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Jody is at the world driving championship and was not available to drive the horse so his dad Carl put himself down. It was a poor decision the entire time, even if the horse had won, with the driving talent available that didn't have a drive in the race.
Thank you for that information. This goes under the category of "What were you thinking?" The shame is that the horse now has a blemish that was entirely not his fault.

outofthebox
08-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Watching that drive just really pissed me off. That colt deserves better than that. Trainer should ban himself from even driving him in training sessions as an apology to the colt. I know im going a bit overboard, just venting..

sonnyp
08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
shows a driver can't make a great horse, but a bad driver can hurt one.

makes you wonder how good cam fella and niatross really were ?

sonnyp
08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
just dawned on me, race was named "battle of waterloo", bad for napolean and WN.

sonnyp
08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
this quote shows the mentality. when asked before the race why he chose to drive WN himself rather than use one of the top catch drivers who were there for other races, carl jamieson responded," why should i give away the 5% ".

nice decision.

mostpost
08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
this quote shows the mentality. when asked before the race why he chose to drive WN himself rather than use one of the top catch drivers who were there for other races, carl jamieson responded," why should i give away the 5% ".

nice decision.
Which is better, 95% of the winning purse or 100% of third place money?
That's a rhetorical question. This guy Jamieson reminds of the guy who owned Rachel Alexandra before Jess Jackson. No idea what he had and no clue how to manage it. May we'll get lucky and he will take the money and run.

LottaKash
08-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Yikes !....What a botched job by old man Jamieson....

On the surface tho, Warrawee Needy, seemed to me at least, to be what I call and ESO (even so)....An "EvenSo" horse is one that even a trainer or a much lesser could drive and expect to win, he was that good, imo (and I guess Carl as well, thought it was and ESO case)....I like those situations when a horse is so good, that even the ESO driver will still win, but at a much higher price, than he would've paid if a top or much more capable driver were aboard...

But the payout price wasn't an issue in this case.....$15Ok was at stake, the winners share of the purse.....Cheapskate outfoxed himself...

The problem is this, Carl Jamieson, has lost a step or two as the years have advanced on him.....He was never a top notch driver to begin with....I don't have his lifetime stats, but in my own (aging) mental archive, I don't recall him ever being much more than a 8 or 9%er....

Perhaps he forgot he was on a half mile track ?.....His off the starting gate start was abominable,and it was a dead giveaway early on in the race, that WN was in for a very troubled trip....What a brutal, and always out of position trip the poor 2yo got from the ole guy...Gruesome...

Maybe if this race was being contested on a bigger oval, he could have made up the big early deficit later on, with the longer backstretch and homelane and all, as WN has this oh so wicked brush, and the long striaights, and the gentler corners, could've made up for the early botch ....But, on the half miler he was really up against it....The straights were so short and the corners much sharper than WN is used to, poor WN never got a chance to run to his numbers, none, as in never.....

Shame on CJ for his poor decison to drive and awful driving errors.....On a bigger track, an ESO drive probably would've worked, but not on this littler track, on that day....It was a horror of a drive to watch...

Ole Man CJ, please stick your talents, training em.....But, I think he already knows that now....too bad tho...I was disappointed for the horse...

best,