PDA

View Full Version : The Diana

Beachbabe
07-30-2011, 05:30 PM
No real pace-setters in this one. That put Unbridled Humor as the leader by default. I don't think she liked it there. I think she's more of a stalker & likes something to run at. Had no kick in the stretch even after setting rather slow fractions.
Javier Castellano showed why he is one of the best turf riders in the country.

Grits
07-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Beach, the horse has a pretty good trainer,too. Chad trained under Frankel. Family friends, Chad knew from childhood what he wanted to do with his life. He is a hard working young man. Glad for his win.

sonnyp
07-30-2011, 10:28 PM
did anybody else notice unbridled humor's behavior prior to the race? the pony kept trying to lead her onto the turf and the rider had to keep urging her on as she froze a number of times.

she certainly did not look to be rarin to go. i didn't like her body language at all.

Beachbabe
07-30-2011, 10:33 PM
did anybody else notice unbridled humor's behavior prior to the race? the pony kept trying to lead her onto the turf and the rider had to keep urging her on as she froze a number of times.

she certainly did not look to be rarin to go. i didn't like her body language at all.

I didn't notice that, but I did see her throwing her head around on the first turn. It was almost like she was looking around for the other horses.

And, Grits, you are right about Brown being a very good trainer.