PDA

View Full Version : You heard it first here...

pktruckdriver
07-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Dolphins make the playoffs and win, but who else turns it around this year. ??

Does anyone else think the Champagne thing they do is kinda sad or a big fffff You?

patrick

PhantomOnTour
07-30-2011, 12:54 AM
A) they have two serious title contenders in that division in the Pats & Jets, so a wild card is Miami's best chance imo.

B) whichever team, Steelers or Ravens, that doesn't win their division will get a wild card

C) that leaves one other wild card spot for the Dolphins to get...gonna be tough

D) Miami is the perfect place for Reggie Bush...glam scene. He's beautiful and will look awesome in those aqua jerseys and in those clubs late night on South Beach...dressed to the nines and lookin fresh to death.
Too bad his game is going nowhere :cool:

kingfin66
07-30-2011, 12:57 AM
I have heard that the champagne thing is an urban legend. Right up there with guys waking up in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney and Richard Gere's gerbils. At least, I hope those are urban legends :eek:

Bettowin
07-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Gotta think the Chargers are going to come back and win their division no? Or is that division that bad and will again go nowhere in the playoffs?

As a Vikings fan it pains me to say that the Packers should be better this year than last. Bet them early and bet them hard. IMO, they will come out of the gate hard and be hard to beat in the first month or more.

newtothegame
07-30-2011, 03:42 AM
Sorry Pat,
But, I will have to respectfully disagree. I would be surprised if the Fins go 8-8.
Considering the AFC east and having to go against the Pats, jets, and the Bills who are imroving, NOTHING will come easy there.
I imagine the Pats and Jets finishing 1-2 (not necessarily in that order)
In the Central, have to give the nod to the Steelers with Baltimore right there again...
West, Chargers
South I still like the Colts but the texans are right there as well.....
Then when you look at the fins schedule.....The first five games are tough. I could easily see the fins being 1-4 over that span....
Sorry But Reggie will NOT make the big a difference.....although I wish him the best.

Marshall Bennett
07-30-2011, 06:22 AM
The Dolphins are a joke and the Texans are as well. I'd be surprised if either break .500.

Robert Goren
07-30-2011, 07:38 AM
If and when the fins get a real qb, they might be a contender. Their defence is not nearly good enough to overcome not having a good qb.

toussaud
07-30-2011, 10:04 AM
they pass on mallett in the third round of the draft, they flirt with orton and end up with matt freaking moore lol. that is a joke of a franchise no wonder bill wanted out

pktruckdriver
07-30-2011, 09:43 PM
I have heard that the champagne thing is an urban legend. Right up there with guys waking up in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney and Richard Gere's gerbils. At least, I hope those are urban legends :eek:

2 out of 3 are true I do believe, which 2?? :lol::lol:

pktruckdriver
07-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Ya know till we play a game or 2 , I have the right to be thinking it is our year and we can actually do something worthy, and y'all can not and will not taker that away from me.

Now after 3 games I will go quietly away and sulk to next year.

Saints and Packers

Jets and Steelers

That is who will be on top again, not Indy, Not Pats, Not Falcons, not Bears

you heard it here first

patrick

pktruckdriver
07-30-2011, 10:00 PM
2 out of 3 are true I do believe, which 2?? :lol::lol:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d8074ca31/Top-Ten-Records-1972-Dolphins

sonnyp
07-30-2011, 11:08 PM
in a related incident, apparently. albert haynesworth couldn't pass a conditioning test and missed his first practice with the pats.

the guy is a mal content and a slug and the pats will eat him with a knife and fork. this uy makes randy moss look like an amateur.

Uncle Salty
07-31-2011, 12:10 AM

The Lions will finish over .500...my prediction.

Striker
07-31-2011, 12:30 AM
The Lions will finish over .500...my prediction.
Agree as long as Stafford is healthy. The Bears are in serious trouble this year IMO with their O-Line and secondary not to mention WRs.

sonnyp
07-31-2011, 12:46 AM
they pass on mallett in the third round of the draft, they flirt with orton and end up with matt freaking moore lol. that is a joke of a franchise no wonder bill wanted out

mallet will never make it in this league. i know you're a razorback fan but this kid is gutless and the pounding he'll get in the NFL will have him quaking in his boots.

judd
07-31-2011, 05:40 AM
plaxico buress spent 7 hours at st vincent college training camp sat.---could he be signed soon by his ex team ? ;)

melman
07-31-2011, 11:53 AM
After watching what the Eagles have done on the free agent market for the last few days I have to make them a strong pick at winning it all. They got the best free agent on the market and stole him right from the Jets. The trade of Kolb to Ari was a steal IMO. New Defensive End who had 12 1/2 sacks last year and a d-tackle run stuffer from GB. That makes for one heck of an improvement on what was the Eagles weak spot.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-31-2011, 02:22 PM
The Bears are in serious trouble this year IMO with their O-Line and secondary not to mention WRs.

I'd completely forgot about last season until now. The Bears hosting and losing to the Packers in the NFC Championship. But I must admit the Packers seem to have more of an "Up Side" this season. And the Bears they always seem to appear in serious trouble in these areas - and a lot of seasons, it tunes out to be true.

For all the great things Devin Hester has done on offense, one needs to rememer he was drafted because he was such a great Defensive Threat - but they had to sacrifice that and convert him to an Offense because they were in such serious need of 'an' Offensive Threat at that time.

Only one team can be Super Bowl Champs. So I guess the 31 others teams will appear lacking to some degree, some much more sooner than others, and usually the Champs, who might well have lost, might actually be lacking in some areas.

CryingForTheHorses
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Does anyone else think the Champagne thing they do is kinda sad or a big fffff You?

patrick

News just said Jason Taylor is coming back to Miami..

cj
08-01-2011, 07:48 PM
dDjG9XlsHqQ

sonnyp
08-01-2011, 10:49 PM
randy moss allegedly retiring. you know what ? g-o-o-d riddance. real tired of his ugly attitude. guys like him kill me and i don't care how talented he is.

pktruckdriver
08-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Lock arms , watch out everyone...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Striker
08-02-2011, 12:33 AM
randy moss allegedly retiring. you know what ? g-o-o-d riddance. real tired of his ugly attitude. guys like him kill me and i don't care how talented he is.
And he'll be in the Hall of Fame.

dav4463
08-02-2011, 01:06 AM
SuperBowl will be the Kansas City Chiefs vs. Detroit Lions!

pktruckdriver
08-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Lock arms , watch out everyone...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

you just gotta love this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5nIamBeN0&NR=1

cj
08-02-2011, 11:57 PM

He isn't retiring, just nobody wants him yet. He is attempting to save face.

sonnyp
08-03-2011, 01:49 PM
i agree, just a ploy....."butt " ugly to watch.

DigitalDownsJoe
08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Lets look at the Phins schedule.I only see 4 wins, maybe 5... atleast 9 loses in my eyes.

They will lose to NE and the jets twice each,@buff,@giants,@KC,@SD, and @dallas..Couple up in the air games, but I give them 6-10..Which wont put them anywhere near the playoffs. The playoffs will feature the same teams, this is the AFC and until someone knocks off the steelers colts pats and jets, the others are all just chicken scratch :) My best friend is also a die hard fins fan, and he knows everything there is to know about dolphin football. He told me they wouldnt win 6 games..I believe him..

pktruckdriver
08-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Lets look at the Phins schedule.I only see 4 wins, maybe 5... atleast 9 loses in my eyes.

They will lose to NE and the jets twice each,@buff,@giants,@KC,@SD, and @dallas..Couple up in the air games, but I give them 6-10..Which wont put them anywhere near the playoffs. The playoffs will feature the same teams, this is the AFC and until someone knocks off the steelers colts pats and jets, the others are all just chicken scratch :) My best friend is also a die hard fins fan, and he knows everything there is to know about dolphin football. He told me they wouldnt win 6 games..I believe him..

Agreed, realistically, but right now were are 1 and 0 , yes we are

Watch out world, Matt Moore is here and he plays in Miami, remember this

steelers colts pats and jets yeah yeah yeah

patrick

newtothegame
08-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Agreed, realistically, but right now were are 1 and 0 , yes we are

Watch out world, Matt Moore is here and he plays in Miami, remember this

steelers colts pats and jets yeah yeah yeah

patrick

Is that the same Matt Moore that racked up those yards against a second string team that has NO depth??
The same Miami team that when the starters were in (first quarter) were getting bombarded 17-0??
Ok just checking :)

PhantomOnTour
08-13-2011, 12:30 AM
I will post my Super Bowl prediction thread in a few weeks, but I'm already sure of one team, and it isn't my favorite team, the Steelers.

Wanna hint?

WHO DAT

newtothegame
08-13-2011, 12:32 AM
I will post my Super Bowl prediction thread in a few weeks, but I'm already sure of one team, and it isn't my favorite team, the Steelers.

Wanna hint?

WHO DAT
I tell ya Phantom...I just got back from the game and the things I wanted to see most was Defense....
LOOKED much better then last year!
Special teams....
Again a score and looked much improved...
Defensive line controlled the niners most of the game....
They will surely be in it near the end....
Now can they win it all? I think they have as a good as chance as any other NFC team!

PhantomOnTour
08-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Aside from the Packers (and we know how recent Super Bowl winners have fared the following season...not good) who in the NFC can hang with the Saints on their day?

Eagles?...Vick will not perform nearly as well in cold weather. He better hope for a road playoff game in a dome like Atlanta or New Orleans.

Bears?....Jay Cutler is their QB, 'nuff said.

Atlanta? Tampa Bay?...not quite ready for prime time if ya know what I mean.

The Saints have addressed an ugly area that got them whipped at Baltimore and at Seattle last season...RUN DEFENSE. Big boy Rodgers and Ellis will be a formidable duo in the middle.
On offense they will not miss a beat without Bush. They have a stable of RBs and we know about the passing game. This TE Graham looks like a future star.
Watch out....i feel the Saints going on a season long rampage this year.

newtothegame
08-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Aside from the Packers (and we know how recent Super Bowl winners have fared the following season...not good) who in the NFC can hang with the Saints?

Eagles?...Vick will not perform nearly as well in cold weather. He better hope for a road playoff game in a dome like Atlanta or New Orleans.

Bears?....Jay Cutler is their QB, 'nuff said.

Atlanta? Tampa Bay?...not quite ready for prime time if ya know what I mean.

The Saints have addressed an ugly area that got them whipped at Baltimore and at Seattle last season...RUN DEFENSE. Big boy Rodgers and Ellis will be a formidable duo in the middle.
On offense they will not miss a beat without Bush. They have a stable of RBs and we know about the passing game. This TE Graham looks like a future star.
Watch out....i feel the Saints going on a season long rampage this year.

LOL I said I agree lol.
But to your question "who can hang"?
The eagles have a very potent offense on paper. Their offensive line is where they will struggle and I agree Vick will not fare as well in the cold.
I'm with you lol.
The pack....Can score AT WILL against ANYONE!
No real glaring holes....
Not too mention they get J Finley and R Grant back which will only make them tougher.
Superbowl hangover?? I think it's a reality! And it will affect them as well. They are not immune. But they will be tough!

Robert Fischer
08-13-2011, 05:37 AM
packers
patriots
saints
colts(pending manning)

longshot - chargers

gave it a good shot - Eagles Jets Steelers:jump:

bold prediction = skins 2-0 vs boys this season

cj's dad
08-13-2011, 08:00 AM
What's the skinny on Lee Evans from Buffalo. The Ravens signed him yesterday.

rastajenk
08-13-2011, 09:54 AM
He's always done well against the Bengals, so that ought to count for something.

I think he's been pretty good during a run of poor Buffalo QB's. I don't know what his current form cycle is, but it seems like he ought to be a good pickup.

DigitalDownsJoe
08-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Miami might actually win 2 games now that Buffalo has officially thrown in the towel for the year too LOL :D

Im curious to see what Evans will do on a better team and not as the first option. As for the AFC Manning and company will be back in full form this year with all his weaponds back and healthy. Maybe a healthy Addai will take the back to the superbowl. As long as big mouth Rex Ryan isnt in the bowl, Ill take anyone, even the Patriots :eek:

pktruckdriver
08-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Is that the same Matt Moore that racked up those yards against a second string team that has NO depth??
The same Miami team that when the starters were in (first quarter) were getting bombarded 17-0??
Ok just checking :)

But we won , we won we won:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Does not matter how, and for me A WIN IS TAKEN ANYTIME, as they may be few this year,but I still can hope, will never jump ship, always Dolphin, win or lose

patrick

cj's dad
08-13-2011, 11:52 PM
PT- it is a frigging xbition game- get real

Robert Goren
08-14-2011, 08:00 AM
In the AFC, it looks like a dog fight between the pats, the ravens, the jets, and the steelers. I don't see a way to separate them right now. The "bolts" aren't bad either. The oiler and the colts have very good offenses, but their defenses are works-in-progress. Sorry, but I don't how else to put it, the "fish" suck.
In the NFC, it is kind of hard to like anybody too much. The team I don't like a lot is the packers. I think they have gotten really big heads and that is a killer in football. The falcons and the saints are probably the best teams right now. The bears are better than most people think. Someone will emerge from the NFC east and be pretty good, but I not am sure who. The west is a mess. I like Kolb as a qb, but he isn't Kurt Warner yet. All the west teams have awful o-lines.

DigitalDownsJoe
08-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I wonder how Dallas will fair finally moving on from Roy Williams and having Tony Romo back. Dez Bryant has slimmed down and worked hard in the offseason to get back into game shape. I think he is going to light the fantasy boards up and really have a breakout year. He is one of my main fantasy sleepers. The NFC and AFC are both pretty stacked with good teams. I think the good teams are obv in both. NYJ, Pats, Colts, Indy and NO, GB, Atl, Phil..Some teams who spark my interest are Detroit(man im routing for them too, love the talent they have built..The holes they have are getting plugged up too)Also Dallas, Seattle, and Baltimore also really intrigue me and could do some serious damage.

Robert Fischer
08-14-2011, 07:36 PM
speaking of sports betting

during the first preseason NFL games, in the same night's Baseball games the ball seemed to be carrying very well;)

multiple home run games high scores
flyball...homeruns
guys getting jammed and the ball carrying to the outfielder

might just be coincidence ... something for over/under sports bettors to watch

newtothegame
08-14-2011, 09:16 PM
I wonder how Dallas will fair finally moving on from Roy Williams and having Tony Romo back. Dez Bryant has slimmed down and worked hard in the offseason to get back into game shape. I think he is going to light the fantasy boards up and really have a breakout year. He is one of my main fantasy sleepers. The NFC and AFC are both pretty stacked with good teams. I think the good teams are obv in both. NYJ, Pats, Colts, Indy and NO, GB, Atl, Phil..Some teams who spark my interest are Detroit(man im routing for them too, love the talent they have built..The holes they have are getting plugged up too)Also Dallas, Seattle, and Baltimore also really intrigue me and could do some serious damage.
First off, let me say I have NO proof to back up what I am about to say other then just my opinion.
I think Jerry Jones is a LOT with what's wrong with that team. Year in and year out (on paper) they put up one of the best teams. Only to flounder late. Ever since the loss of JJ as coach, dallas has been a "could of , would of," team!
And if I am not mistaken, why did JJ leave...J Jones!
Seems to be a better form of what's happening in Oakland!
JMHO

pktruckdriver
08-14-2011, 09:39 PM
PT- it is a frigging xbition game- get real

But dag nabbitt , for us Dolphans, it may be all we can win and you can not and will not take it away from me, got it Sir, so be :cool: .

Enjoy the Spa

As I do each day , wonderful place to be

Not sure about the Ravens yet...

Oh by the way Packers repeat is a for sure thing, I THINK

patrick

pktruckdriver
08-14-2011, 09:45 PM
First off, let me say I have NO proof to back up what I am about to say other then just my opinion.
I think Jerry Jones is a LOT with what's wrong with that team. Year in and year out (on paper) they put up one of the best teams. Only to flounder late. Ever since the loss of JJ as coach, dallas has been a "could of , would of," team!
And if I am not mistaken, why did JJ leave...J Jones!
Seems to be a better form of what's happening in Oakland!
JMHO

Amen , not a Cowboy fan, but if Jerry would have stayed out of it and J J was stil coaching now, how many rings would they have, plenty for sure, nobody wants to coach there with Jones bearing down their neck all the time.

Sorry could not ressist that

patrick

DigitalDownsJoe
08-16-2011, 12:38 AM
I agree sometimes an owners ego gets in the way of success..Hes run a few good coaches off. I think its one of those deals where the expectations are high, pressure from above can snowball, and I think you can have all the talent in the world, but unless it all meshes together it doesnt mean squat. It starts from the top down! :ThmbUp:

pktruckdriver
08-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Man what a feeling , 2-0 , and loving it at The Spa.

Go Miami go, Dolphins, as the Hurricanes are gone, sad to say, oh well

Patrick

DigitalDownsJoe
08-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Anyone have odds if they will win more in the preseason then in the regular season?? :D