PDA

View Full Version : Meadows 35% Trifecta Retention Rate update

RaceTrackDaddy
07-29-2011, 08:14 PM
My state senator was one of those judges for the Miss Adios contest last night...I emailed him and asked him to ask Meadows Management while he was there what was the justification for their high 35 percent rate...

Today, Tim wrote back but does not want me to repost his post to me so I will honor his wishes but will paraphrase the best I can what Meadows told him....can be summed up in three words, BECAUSE WE CAN....and they added that by raising to the max for the trifecta permitted them to lower other wagers.....

The Trifecta is the highest handle of all the Meadows pools....it is a shame....
I notified both Sen. Solobay and Rep Neuman to inquire if they were going to address this in a revisit to the horse racing bill passed in the 60's (which was a time the state did not have the slots nor any other means of raising rates).

Basically I have two options,,,one is to organize a state wide boycott of Pa whose retention rates are higher than any other track in North America...and the other is more of a legal aspect. Under the 14th Amendment, (we are hearing so much about it as part of it gives the president authority to pay the countries bills under the full faith and credit part of the bill) but it was written originally for state laws to be conformed equally on their citizens (Equal protection clause)...since they gave the Slots players a minimum payout of 85 cents on a dollar, the horse racing should be changed to reflect the same rate. Under the 14th Amendment, all gamblers shall be subjected to the same rate. The state will either lower the rate on horse racing or raise the rates to be equal with the horses to comply with the amendment.

Have not heard a peep from my legislatures since I sent that email to them...
The case will be in the federal court for years and all the publicity that it would entail, I offered a compromise to our legislatures that they should lower the horse rates to 20 to 25 percent max and I would not file the federal suit.

Will keep you all informed of the proceedings..

bobby z