PDA

View Full Version : No wonder some Pugs WANT a default...some stand to make a KILLING in the market

sammy the sage
07-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Eric Cantor's glaring conflict of interest
He's the GOP's chief debt ceiling negotiator. He's also invested in a fund that will skyrocket if there's a default...

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...ct_of_interest

It explains WHY they won't bargain... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sammy the sage
07-28-2011, 11:19 PM
By the way... I do realize $15k is a paltry sum to him...but DO you REALIZE that by law...(recently UPHELD in court)...congress is ALLOWED to trade on INSIDE information...get your heads OUTTA THE SAND...regardless of YOUR party...ALL incumbents MUST go...PERIOD

Ocala Mike
07-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Looks like they shit the bed tonight with that "no vote." They're starting to turn on each other too as witness John McCain's remarks about the Tea Party "hobbits."

Well, I have one thing in common with Tea Party types, I guess, and that is having no use for Mr. McCain.

Looks like Obama might have had a copy of the Republican playbook on this deal all along, and I'm thinking he now grows a pair and goes the 14th Amendment route on his way to becoming our second dictator in history (FDR being the first).

Ocala Mike

Ocala Mike
07-28-2011, 11:30 PM
DO you REALIZE that by law...(recently UPHELD in court)...congress is ALLOWED to trade on INSIDE information...

I did not realize that. When I worked for Dreyfus during the 90's. we were told that a certain Chairman of the Federal Reserve (initials A.G.) had a big Dreyfus account, but it had to be in a money market fund.

Ocala Mike

ArlJim78
07-29-2011, 12:52 AM
it really is crazy season once again.

newtothegame
07-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Nice try to put it all on repugs sammy...but the truth is they all are outperforming the market. But, if you must know....

"Democrats managed to do even better than Republicans, perhaps proving once again that unlimited faith in markets doesn't always lead to great decisions. The Democratic subsample beat the market by a full 9 percent annually, while Republicans did so only by 2 percent. "

http://www.alternet.org/economy/151171/congress'_culture_of_wealth%3A_how_insider_informa tion_enriches_members_of_the_house/?page=entire

lamboguy
07-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Nice try to put it all on repugs sammy...but the truth is they all are outperforming the market. But, if you must know....

"Democrats managed to do even better than Republicans, perhaps proving once again that unlimited faith in markets doesn't always lead to great decisions. The Democratic subsample beat the market by a full 9 percent annually, while Republicans did so only by 2 percent. "

http://www.alternet.org/economy/151171/congress'_culture_of_wealth%3A_how_insider_informa tion_enriches_members_of_the_house/?page=entire
i have to agree with you here. this budget ceiling is open season for these paranas from both sides. in the markets someone always knows something ahead of time, it doesn't matter if they are democrats or republicans, the color of money is what their eyeballs turn into every time.

Tom
07-29-2011, 07:46 AM
All elected officials take bribes ( lobbyiest) so why is this surprising.
Definition of an elected legislator is he is a liar and a thieve with options on perversions.

HUSKER55
07-29-2011, 09:35 AM
HAS BO PUBLISHED HIS BUDGET YET?

DJofSD
07-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Eric Cantor's glaring conflict of interest
He's the GOP's chief debt ceiling negotiator. He's also invested in a fund that will skyrocket if there's a default...

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...ct_of_interest

It explains WHY they won't bargain... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Sammy, who says you're a sage?

lamboguy
07-29-2011, 11:39 AM
the only thing bigger than the markets are the pockets of the pollitians with all their dirty money hanging out of their rear ends.

sammy the sage
11-15-2011, 06:52 AM
just thought I'd repost this now that's SUDDENLY relevant :faint: :rolleyes:

ArlJim78
11-15-2011, 07:44 AM
had you substituted dems for pugs and Pelosi for Cantor it would have been relevant. however since you fell for the ridicuous assertion that Cantor wanted the US to default in order to make a profit it still gets filed in the tin foil hat folder.

lamboguy
11-15-2011, 08:31 AM
i have to agree with you here. this budget ceiling is open season for these paranas from both sides. in the markets someone always knows something ahead of time, it doesn't matter if they are democrats or republicans, the color of money is what their eyeballs turn into every time.
i know everyone here thinks i am nuts, but this previous statement sort of called this whole mess ahead of time!

the fine congressman from the state of alabama who gets elected to represent his constituants, mr bachus can't wait to run out of a private meeting held in confidentiality to short the american markets so that he can capitalize on the grief of the hard working americans trying to support their family's.

there are so many things wrong here and quite bazaar. our prior president bush bailed out banks with citizen's money, many thought that was a bag job. so they elected a new president in obama who claims he won't bail out financial institutions. low and behold he gets elected and rams the very worst law i have ever seen in the history of this country in the healthcare insurance reform and bails out the banks more than his predecessor.

newt gingritch, running for president, a guy i happened to have liked, got paid $300k by freddie mac to do "historical" services for that company. he claims he is not corrupt, just a historian.

i wish there was another guy making these statements other than myself, because i lack credibility

Spiderman
11-15-2011, 10:35 AM
"60 Minutes" tried to expose the pratice of polticians, bot D and R, of profiting on inside info:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/60_minutes/video/2167186207/60-minutes-11-13-11

sammy the sage
11-15-2011, 11:07 AM
had you substituted dems for pugs and Pelosi for Cantor it would have been relevant. however since you fell for the ridicuous assertion that Cantor wanted the US to default in order to make a profit it still gets filed in the tin foil hat folder.

to bad you can't read a byline...you'll see that I find BOTH sides CORRUPT...

now go put yore blinder's back on like a good little pug... :lol:

fast4522
11-15-2011, 07:47 PM
To take the position that both are evil is in effect handing it over to the left. So screw that!!!

boxcar
11-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, if Pelosi said it, then it must be true. What reason do I have to not blindly trust her? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

reckless
11-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Sammy, who says you're a sage?

Sammy says that's who :)

boxcar
11-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Sammy says that's who :)

Rather reckless of Sammy, don't ya think? :D

Boxcar

sammy the sage
11-15-2011, 09:23 PM
yep...gotta LOVE those ATTEMPTED personal insults of the messenger; instead OF THE actual message...usually means one is ignorant ;)