PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Sat

SAL
11-15-2003, 03:19 PM
My picks for Hollywood Park:

R1 - #1 Taormina-Moves into a hot barn. Won going away when last seen at this track/distance.

R2 - #3 Facile-Actually made up ground in a fast final fraction in a race he had trouble at the start. Showed blazing speed in the race before that, so I’m thinking he may have tactical speed. Had a blazing drill 2 weeks ago and gets Nakatani today.

R3 - #5 Smile N Wildcat-Showed much promise earlier in the year when running some good races vs some tough sprinters. I don’t think he’ll have much of a problem getting the lead in this field, and O’Neill is as hot as they come right now.

R4 - #5 Costume Designer-Shirreffs does a good job with 2yos. Puts Espinoza, his go to guy up, and he’s been drilling well in the AM.

R5 - #5 Lytle Creek-Win machine up north, this runner fits very well in this field. Has run well on this surface before.

R6 - #6 Fantastic Wager-2nd start for hot barn, this runner has decent turf breeding.

R7 - #1 Consecrate-Had trouble and made a move into a hot pace in the BC Juvenile. Baffert’s been throwing bullets since then with this one, I expect an all out effort today.

R8 - #1 Sunday Whisper-Very well bred filly ran in some big fields in NZ. Trainer does well enough with layoff types, and she’s shown speed in her races overseas.

R9 - #3 Sumthinbad-Makes the important drop into mcl. Should get the lead vs this crew.