PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Saturday 11-15

SAL
11-15-2003, 12:20 PM
My picks for Aqueduct Saturday:

R1 - #5 Beautiful Spy-Ran huge when she finally got a fast dirt track going this distance. There was nothing easy about her last victory and she’ll be tough if she runs anywhere near that race today. I see decent odds here because of the entry being overbet.

R2 - #3 Cold Blow Lane-Anticipating an honest pace in here, lots of runners like to run early. This one ran decent in his last two at this distace/track. Jock that last won with him returns today, plus the drop to his career lowest class lands me on this runner.

R3 - #9 Trixie Lady-Trainer has good 2nd off the claim stats, gets Julie. Unless one of the FTS can run, I like her to handle these.

R4 - #1 Proud Brook-Like the barn upgrade here. This filly is bred to route, and gets some key equipment changes here. Demanding and expecting big odds here.

R5 - #10 Sherwood Forest-Trainer sucks with the route/sprint move, but I still like this horse. Lightly raced runner gets back Gryder, who last won with her. Decent trip with her gets the money.

More to come…..

SAL
11-15-2003, 12:46 PM
R6 - #13 Guy Getaway-Love Meadowlake with FTS, and no barn is hotter than this one right now. Gets Migliore, and the trainer/jock combo is hitting at 30% +.

R7 - #3 Moonlightandbeauty-Lead is up for grabs here, and I think Migliore is going to have to go for it. Has run some figs that would make her competitive with the ML favs, so I’ll take a shot with her if she goes off at around her ML odds.

R8 – Pass.

R9 - #1 Gallant Soldier-Got slop and a troubled start in his first off a layoff. Expecting better today.

Valuist
11-15-2003, 01:53 PM
Sal-

No opinion on the 8th? Looks like an interesting betting race; yielding turf and Itnab, one of the favorites has scratched. Mariensky really moves up on soft turf but I see Velasquez is riding at Crc today after riding Mariensky last time at Sar and in her win in the Sheepshead Bay. If Mariensky isnt 100%, the race is very wide open. Mandela is a listed SW in France and was beaten 5 in a race w/Mezzo Soprano and Yesterday at Longchamp. Volga handles soft turf and is coming off a win on soft in the EP Taylor; Krone goes cross country to ride Bany Dewi, one of 4 German breds in the race (never seen that in a N. American race); Spice Island, Mandela also fit. Could almost make a case for anyone here. Good race to take a chance against anything that gets bet very much.