PDA

View Full Version : NHC Qualifier....just missed a ticket to LV

horses4courses
07-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Came really close to making it to LV next year for the NHC tourney.
Dayum! Excuse me while I vent......

Pretty ho-hum for the first six races. Had a few short priced wins.
Then things started to turn around. WO R10 and DMR R5 gave me 2 winners at over 10-1 each. After 8 races, I'm in second place out of 1385.

The 9th contest race is my bet of the day....Norvsky in DMR R6.
He wins at 8-5, and I'm now the leader.
Not a huge lead, but I need to finish top 3 to go to LV.

The final contest race is the feature at DMR - the San Fernando.
The 2 favorites, at around 9-5, can't beat me - the rest can.
I have to choose between 4 horses, and I throw out one of them.
Avila's horse (#7) hurts me at 6-1, but I don't like him.
The other trio are #1 with Bejarano, the #2 who has shipped from NY and joined Ben Cecil's stable. The last horse I look at is the #8, an Irish bred trained by McAnally who is 10-1. She may want further, but I'm thinking she gets a quickish pace to close into, and Brice Blanc may get a good run out of her late.

Of course, I chose wrong. Took the 8, who wasn't good enough.
Bejarano and the 1 win for fun.....and I finish 9th in the contest.

Oh well, it was a fun run there for a while........... :)

Spiderman
07-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I was wondering if the same name as yours here at PA was the same in contest. Last race will do it every time.Nice try.

I switched original selections that amounted to $27 in gains and wound-up in a tie for 19th. If I played all original selections, woulda finished 3rd.

horses4courses
07-24-2011, 11:12 PM
I was wondering if the same name as yours here at PA was the same in contest. Last race will do it every time.Nice try.

I switched original selections that amounted to $27 in gains and wound-up in a tie for 19th. If I played all original selections, woulda finished 3rd.

Tough beat for you, too.
We just have to keep trying.....one of these days it will happen!

I've been kicking ass for the past month, or so. Enjoying the ride!
But, a ticket to LV for the NHC?.....man, oh man!!!

Do you know if any of the regulars on PA have made it to the Big Dance?

Spiderman
07-25-2011, 05:37 AM
I am in, placed 2nd in a NHC Qualifier in March. Keep playing for practice and trying to win tournament points. Opportunities for online contests are limited for NJ residents - no Twinspires, xpressbet, drfbets participation allowed.

You should review tournament schedule. There are many contests in NV and CA. At Surfside, near Del Mar, contest entry fees are $40 and run one-a-day for 2-3 days in a row.

lamboguy
07-25-2011, 08:16 AM
i am really glad you did so well even though you came real close and didn't quite get there. it must have been lots of fun, and that is really what its all about

OTM Al
07-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Came really close to making it to LV next year for the NHC tourney.
Dayum! :)

I thought that had to be you. I'd pretty much given up by the time of the Dmr races, then said what the hell, let's try. Changed to the 11 for race 5 and all of a sudden I'm in viewing distance of the top. Prayed for the 7 to hold in the 6th, which didn't happen, then switched to the 1 in the finale. Made it from 203 to 7th on those last 3. If I could have just got one of my 3rd place horses to win I would have made it as I got 3 of the 4 good prices on the day. Best I've done in a while.