PDA

View Full Version : knit one pearl two, or, Trevor drops a stitch

senortout
07-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Finale, Del Mar Sunday program...two horses go down during the race and Trevor makes no note of it...at all.......but mentions two or three times of the huge pick 6 carryover when the race becomes official...

Vinman
07-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Yeah....not a word. Tom Durkin would have been all over the Jockeys' status. I'm sitting in Favorites in Woodbridge with the DMR signal on and my brother calls me and says "Did you hear about the spill with Espinoza?....put on TVG.

You blew it Trevor.....

Espinoza is being treated by DMR first aid for an ankle injury. Other 2 jocks okay.

Vinman

Stillriledup
07-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I fly like paper, get high like planes
If you catch me at the border, I got visas in my name
If you come around here, I make 'em all day
I get one down in a second if you wait

I fly like paper, get high like planes
If you catch me at the border, I got visas in my name
If you come around here, I make 'em all day
I get one down in a second if you wait

Sometimes I feel sitting on trains (to del mar?)
Every stop I get to, I'm clocking that game
Everyone's a winner, we're making the fame
Bona fide hustler making my name

Sometimes I feel sitting on trains ( to del mar?)
Every stop I get to, I'm clocking that game
Everyone's a winner now we're making the fame
Bona fide hustler making my name

All del mar wantsa do is
And a, and take your money
All Idel mar wantsa do is
And a, and take your money

:eek:

point given
07-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Finale, Del Mar Sunday program...two horses go down during the race and Trevor makes no note of it...at all.......but mentions two or three times of the huge pick 6 carryover when the race becomes official...

So noted. no mention of a horse breaking down and jock being tossed or the other jock being dropped shotly thereafter. No mention after the race as well except the inquiry as related to the incident but who went down and are they ok ? Trevor is jaded and lost his humanity. All he cares about are their damned p6 carryovers :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

BlueShoe
07-24-2011, 09:43 PM
When the horses went down that thought flashed through my head, Denman missed it. TVG just announed that Rosario and Pedroza are okay, Espinoza has an ankle injury. Did not catch anthing about the condition of the horses in the spill.

Triple Nickle
07-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Be Driven was euthanized on the track, The other 2 horses are ok, according to TVG. Very sad.

Ken

toetoe
07-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Any word on Vic ?

toetoe
07-24-2011, 10:24 PM
When the horses went down that thought flashed through my head, Denman missed it. TVG just announed that Rosario and Pedroza are okay, Espinoza has an ankle injury. Did not catch anthing about the condition of the horses in the spill.

Thanks. I just read your post. :blush:

Some_One
07-25-2011, 02:31 AM
The breakdown happened midfield to back, if Trevor was zoomed in at the leaders at that time, he never saw it.

Edward DeVere
07-25-2011, 02:35 AM
"Purl" - not "Pearl"

point given
07-25-2011, 09:27 AM
The breakdown happened midfield to back, if Trevor was zoomed in at the leaders at that time, he never saw it.

Maybe, but even after the finish of the race, he never id'ed the incident what horses and jocks were involved , nothing. But he did manage to spew on 2 -3 times about the p6 carryover. the man it would seem has lost his humanity.

Stillriledup
07-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Maybe, but even after the finish of the race, he never id'ed the incident what horses and jocks were involved , nothing. But he did manage to spew on 2 -3 times about the p6 carryover. the man it would seem has lost his humanity.

Talking about injured horses or jockeys isnt going to help DMR's financial bottom line. Talking about the carryover, might.

DMR is trying to make money, not trying to convince newbie fans that horse racing is a cruel sport and that they should consider never coming back.

The Hawk
07-25-2011, 07:21 PM

That's inexcusable.

point given
07-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Talking about injured horses or jockeys isnt going to help DMR's financial bottom line. Talking about the carryover, might.

DMR is trying to make money, not trying to convince newbie fans that horse racing is a cruel sport and that they should consider never coming back.

You are some kind of case buddy. Iguess there should be no bad news on tv as it might hurt the economy too.

v j stauffer
07-26-2011, 12:04 AM
An announcer is not an investigative reporter. I wouldn't have said anything either except if instructed by management to report that jockeys were OK. Taking it upon ourselves to speculate about any injuries is irresponsible and unprofessional. Don't forget it was the last race of the day. No time for substanitated reports. Speaking of Trevor's humanity is totally out of line and reprehensible. Shame.

skipaway100
07-26-2011, 12:12 AM
An announcer is not an investigative reporter. I wouldn't have said anything either except if instructed by management to report that jockeys were OK. Taking it upon ourselves to speculate about any injuries is irresponsible and unprofessional. Don't forget it was the last race of the day. No time for substanitated reports. Speaking of Trevor's humanity is totally out of line and reprehensible. Shame.

Agreed 100%. Trevor clearly didn't see it (not the first time a track announcer missed a fall) and it's excusable. When he sees incidents, he tones down the call as do all the other professional callers.

I seen someone cite Tom Durkin. In the Belmont Stakes, Durkin completely missed the Kentucky Derby winner getting slammed at the start and John Velasquez nearly falling out of the saddle. It happens to everyone.

This vitriol against Trevor is outrageous.

Stillriledup
07-26-2011, 01:39 AM
You are some kind of case buddy. Iguess there should be no bad news on tv as it might hurt the economy too.

Yeah, but here's the difference. The 'news' makes their money by reporting bad news (sensationalism, makes people tune in and stay tuned in) so if they STOPPED reporting bad news, they would hurt their own pockets.

If the 'economy' had a news channel and they knew that any reports of bad news would hurt 'them' they would stop it asap.

Buddy.

point given
07-26-2011, 10:08 AM

To be shamed by you vj stauffer, i will take as a badge of honor. I do not expect the announcer to be an " investigative Reporter" but to recognize that there was an accident, even if he missed it on the race call, and inform the audience of that accident and the involved parties . Instead , he touted the p6 carryover 2-3 times. No one is asking or expecting the announcer to speculate, just inform. Being irresponsible and unprofessional is ignoring the situation and making believe nothing at all happened instead of informing , and i donot care if it was the last race of the day . Shame .back at you !

senortout
07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
"Purl" - not "Pearl"

thank you for that, I did not know that.

ps I need a cardigan for this winter!

v j stauffer
07-26-2011, 01:19 PM
To be shamed by you vj stauffer, i will take as a badge of honor. I do not expect the announcer to be an " investigative Reporter" but to recognize that there was an accident, even if he missed it on the race call, and inform the audience of that accident and the involved parties . Instead , he touted the p6 carryover 2-3 times. No one is asking or expecting the announcer to speculate, just inform. Being irresponsible and unprofessional is ignoring the situation and making believe nothing at all happened instead of informing , and i donot care if it was the last race of the day . Shame .back at you !

Ok. You're entitled your opinion.

Greyfox
07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Ok. You're entitled your opinion.

Vic, I'm still waiting for you to tell us:

"Who does the annual Performance Appraisal of the Stewards?"

v j stauffer
07-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Vic, I'm still waiting for you to tell us:

"Who does the annual Performance Appraisal of the Stewards?"

Stewards are assigned each year by the Executive Director of the CHRB with input from a stewards selection panel usually comprised of members of the CHRB.

At least twice a year, sometimes as many as four, all stewards attend a special meeting called by the Chairman and the Executive Director.

New rules, points of emphasis and many other things are discussed.

There is also extensive film review with an open forum where all stewards can discuss the incidents and trade views as to how best implement the rulebook.