PDA

View Full Version : Corny but Makes Sense

Ocala Mike
07-24-2011, 05:22 PM
An old Cherokee told his grandson: "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, & ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, & truth." The boy thought about it, and asked, "Grandfather, which wolf wins?" The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed."

Ocala Mike

skate
07-26-2011, 02:34 PM
and it does fit...yeppers...the time is now.

the eyes are closed.:bang:

thaskalos
07-26-2011, 02:53 PM
An old Cherokee told his grandson: "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, & ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, & truth." The boy thought about it, and asked, "Grandfather, which wolf wins?" The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed."

Ocala Mike
Not corny at all, IMO...

It's great advice, that has been lost...in our zeal to win the rat race.

Like comedian Lily Tomlin once said:

"Even when you win the rat race...you are still a rat"!

toetoe
07-27-2011, 02:09 AM
I remember reading this in the office of a guy I worked for as a temp in Bakersfield. I loved the sentiment, but this guy was so low that he refused to tell me I was fired when he decided to eighty-six me. I milked it for a couple of days by not calling the temp office. I suspected the worst from his demeanor, but I just kept showing up for work (it was at Seven Oaks Country Club) , and what could he say ? :D

I guess I'm saying that the most wonderful mottos are useless unless we live by them.