PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the last two races at Mountaineer tonight?

Bruiser1
07-24-2011, 01:03 AM
I got home late, just purchased my "free" Brisnet PP's, made a wager, and I lost the feed. The next thing I see is Mountaineer cancelled the final two races. I never did see why.

takeout
07-24-2011, 02:21 AM
It says “management decision”, whatever that means. ??
http://equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/cancellations.html?SAP=TN

Wouldn’t it be nice to have the actual reason? Something like, “Extreme heat”, “flood”, “lack of entries”, “gone fishing”, or whatever. And, why can’t they put THE reason in the last result chart?

rrpic6
07-24-2011, 05:13 AM
Maybe someone accidentally hit a jackpot at the slots and management became short on cash to pay the purse money. :rolleyes:

RR

Peter Berry
07-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Power outage.

Bruiser1
07-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Power outage.

Thanks for that.

rrpic6
07-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Power outage.

Did they forget to pay the electric bill? :D
That brings back bad memories at Mountaineer. About 20 years ago, before ADW's of course, a power outage happens a few races before the feature, in which I like a nice longshot, cancelling the card. They re-write the same race the next weekend. I'm playing baseball and can't make it back. My longshot, about 20-1 wins easily of course!

RR

Bruiser1
07-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Did they forget to pay the electric bill? :D
That brings back bad memories at Mountaineer. About 20 years ago, before ADW's of course, a power outage happens a few races before the feature, in which I like a nice longshot, cancelling the card. They re-write the same race the next weekend. I'm playing baseball and can't make it back. My longshot, about 20-1 wins easily of course!

RR

I can top that.

Back in the old days, I'd been following a horse who I hit at a huge price the prior year. He had issues and suffered breaks between races. Well, he disappeared and I heard nothing of him for a few months. Then, I saw where he was back to working out again and I was watching for him with intentions of making a trip to the track to bet him when he was entered. A few more weeks went by and nothing.

I took a weekend off and went fishing. During that weekend, the horse was entered at the Pomona County Fair in a stakes. Not only did he win, he paid just over $100.00. Adding to my disgust, the fishing was lousy.