PDA

View Full Version : "The Thumb" stuck in my eye

FantasticDan
07-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I had the EX in the 1st today at Finger Lakes.. 5/2 Diamond Showcase :3: over 52-1 Strategic Jacque :7: , who was actually 8-1 on the ML but completely ignored at the windows.

But I didn't cash, cuz the :3: was taken down and placed 3rd for "bothering" the :2: around the final turn.

Replay here:

http://www.fingerlakesracetrack.com/images/RacingArchive.html

Today (7/23), Race 1.

Honestly, I cannot believe the steward's decision. Yes, the :3: did come in slightly from the 2-path around the turn, and did slightly impede the :2: . But the :2: did quite the acting job, and I'd call the interference ticky-tack at best. The :2: put up no fight in the stretch, and the :3: was much the best.

But, all for naught, and nice lil' EX to start the day went right in the toilet.. :mad:

So who's with me? Shouldn't the :3: stayed up?

cj
07-23-2011, 06:42 PM
To avoid confusion, the :3: finished first, not the :5:, so you sure you would have cashed?

However, I would say that is a DQ offense in my opinion. The horse was scraping paint coming off the turn, so he didn't "slightly" come over, again in my opinion only.

CBedo
07-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Yes, the :3: did come in slightly from the 2-path around the turn, and did slightly impede the :2: .

So who's with me? Shouldn't the :3: stayed up?You said it yourself, the :2: was impeded. Also, I would say the :3: came in more than slightly. Seems like a logical DQ to me, but definitely a tough beat.

dansan
07-23-2011, 07:03 PM
didnt cash hmm tell me you had a lousy 2 bucks on your longshot just in case

FantasticDan
07-23-2011, 07:27 PM
To avoid confusion, the :3: finished first, not the :5:, so you sure you would have cashed?Just a posting error, I corrected when I double-checked the form.

No, I didn't so much as have $2 on the awarded winner. I only liked him to clunk up for 2nd, and I barely got the EX bet in on time. The track was crazy busy, opening weekend of SAR..

JustRalph
07-23-2011, 07:57 PM
If I like a 53-1 shot to "clunk up for 2nd" I have to put some win money on him.....just sayin.........that would have been my first bet.........no matter how small

ALL CIRCUITS GO
07-24-2011, 08:07 AM
I didn't have a bet in this race..

I have seen horses dq for less

I have seen not dq for more

that being said, I could see the 3 argument that he was moving at a higher rate past the 2 and thought he was clear before he changed lanes

I do not think that the 2 was traveling like a 6/5 shot

I do think the 3 was running like a 2-1

I do not like when the stewards post inquiry sign before the objection sign, especially on a 6/5

I do think that if a 10-1 had been the objector that the outcome would not have been the same

the stewards took a long time to decide

I don't like the result either, but its horse racing...

:cool:

rastajenk
07-24-2011, 09:08 AM
I'd have let it stand. That was pretty weak.