PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Park will NOT run now

Bluto Blutarsky
07-23-2011, 10:02 AM
MP management, second guessing themselves, has now reversed its decision of a few minutes ago and will NOT run today.
MP management is telling the horsemen they are worried that if any horse had a problem today with the heat, PETA would be setting up picket lines on Haskell Day.
You can't make this stuff up.

lamboguy
07-23-2011, 10:14 AM
i have to give them alot of credit for thinking of what could be. i had horses in today in parx and am not upset in the least bit about the cancellation. this heat is brutal and its the right thing to do for the animal.

i just ran for a half hour on my treadmill at home, and i am wiped out too from the heat.

jelly
07-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Suffolk cancelled and it's 72 degrees here.

NY BRED
07-23-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm cancelling my beting action Today as Jackson Bend, who I lost money
last year destroyed my pick 6 and related serial bets at the Spa :bang: :eek:

Bluto Blutarsky
07-23-2011, 10:24 AM
i have to give them alot of credit for thinking of what could be. i had horses in today in parx and am not upset in the least bit about the cancellation. this heat is brutal and its the right thing to do for the animal.

i just ran for a half hour on my treadmill at home, and i am wiped out too from the heat.

Lambo

Do I agree with the decision? Yes, absolutely.
But let's not kid ourselves. Management could have made this decision yesterday.The weather reports have not changed.

Do you know if they will be running at Parx tomorrow?

alhattab
07-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Lambo

But let's not kid ourselves. Management could have made this decision yesterday.The weather reports have not changed.

Do you know if they will be running at Parx tomorrow?

I'm not positive but I think for forecast did change. Driving home last night NOAA weather radio had a heat advisory posted for non-coastal Ocean and western Monmouth counties. Today the heat advisory is posted all the way to the coast(!)

To me, management should just make this easy on themselves. If the NWS posts an excessive heat advisory, don't run. If there is no advisory, run. They made the right decision today it is brutal. I was at the Hook @ 7am and I couldn't believe how hot it was then.

lamboguy
07-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Lambo

Do you know if they will be running at Parx tomorrow?so far the are. i actually like the cancelation of racing today in parx in a very selfish way. i had a horse in and wanted to run her someplace else and my partners did't want to move her, so parx is going to be closing this week and if they don't bring the race back i get to run her in the spot i wanted all along next week!

toussaud
07-23-2011, 11:03 AM
need to run in the evening.

GaryG
07-23-2011, 11:06 AM
70 at Del Mar....same for manana.

thespaah
07-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm not positive but I think for forecast did change. Driving home last night NOAA weather radio had a heat advisory posted for non-coastal Ocean and western Monmouth counties. Today the heat advisory is posted all the way to the coast(!)

To me, management should just make this easy on themselves. If the NWS posts an excessive heat advisory, don't run. If there is no advisory, run. They made the right decision today it is brutal. I was at the Hook @ 7am and I couldn't believe how hot it was then.
I checked readings at county airports near the NJ shore. For the most part heat indices were from 105 to 112 with a high of 119 at AC International.
Those are just brutal conditions.

toussaud
07-23-2011, 12:03 PM
serious question here, not joking

instead of canceling why not just push the post time back to later in the day?

rastajenk
07-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Like when, evening? I couldn't buy an argument that claims late afternoon is somehow better than early afternoon.

Canarsie
07-23-2011, 12:12 PM

4 PM is usually the hottest part of the day in NJ.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_hottest_part_of_the_day

Robert Goren
07-23-2011, 12:20 PM
need to run in the evening.Temperatures in the summer do start to really drop until sunset. Here that is at about 8:50 pm. They would be running after midnight. Thank you daylight savings time.

Robert Goren
07-23-2011, 12:25 PM
I know I am going to catch flack for saying this. If you are really upset about the tracks canceling in this weather, you might want think about whether you have a gambling addiction.

Beachbabe
07-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Penn National runs at night & they cancelled their card tonite, after cancelling last night also.
2 horses died there yesterday in training.

The Hawk
07-23-2011, 07:27 PM
I know I am going to catch flack for saying this. If you are really upset about the tracks canceling in this weather, you might want think about whether you have a gambling addiction.

Completely agree.

Zman179
07-24-2011, 09:26 PM

On Friday night, the air temperature at 11 PM was 100 degrees and humid as hell. Saturday was only a little better.