PDA

View Full Version : Oslo bombing - take a wild guess

DJofSD
07-22-2011, 04:09 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-norway-bombing-20110723,0,1264865.story

rastajenk
07-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Amish?

ArlJim78
07-22-2011, 04:25 PM
militant Quakers?

TJDave
07-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Better there than here.

Robert Goren
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Disgruntled CA horseplayers?

Canarsie
07-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Mine bønner og sympatier gå ut til alle de folk i Norge.

Stevecsd
07-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Here is a fairly current link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jul/22/oslo-explosion-live-coverage

Mike at A+
07-22-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm sure Obama is in the White House praying that it is some right wing Christian terror group that worships Glenn Beck and Fox News.

Tom
07-22-2011, 05:25 PM
The Mennonite Menace?

woodtoo
07-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Damn jihadi's ,religion of pieces :mad::mad::mad:

Rookies
07-22-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm sure Obama is in the White House praying that it is some right wing Christian terror group that worships Glenn Beck and Fox News.

Maybe not worshipping Beck or Fox, but appears to be a right wing loony against a Left wing government:

http://www.canada.com/news/Oslo+bomb+kills+gunman+opens+fire+youth+camp/5143941/story.html

witchdoctor
07-22-2011, 08:07 PM
I was betting on a postal worker.

canleakid
07-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Home grown with a little foreign vri :mad:

Ocala Mike
07-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Loudmouth Michael Savage (Weiner) says it's Islamic militants; he's made up his mind, so please don't confuse him with facts. He really ought to stick to watching those birds around his place a little more.

Ocala Mike

newtothegame
07-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Maybe not worshipping Beck or Fox, but appears to be a right wing loony against a Left wing government:

http://www.canada.com/news/Oslo+bomb+kills+gunman+opens+fire+youth+camp/5143941/story.html

Not saying he was or wasnt rookie...but did you read your own link?? here is a quote from your link....

"At least one Islamic terror group quickly claimed the attacks were "revenge" for Norway's engagement in Afghanistan, and for the publication of cartoons of the prophet Mohammed in Denmark."

Sounds to me like Islamist are taking credit and responsibilty......right wing or not :lol:

Rookies
07-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Loudmouth Michael Savage (Weiner) says it's Islamic militants; he's made up his mind, so please don't confuse him with facts. He really ought to stick to watching those birds around his place a little more.

Ocala Mike

If Savage can't differentiate a blond, blue eyed, right wing Aryan from a brown skinned Muslim, I'd suggest he may be having vision issues like Beck!;)

rastajenk
07-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Does Norway have any kind of concealed-carry usage? It should.

Canarsie
07-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Does Norway have any kind of concealed-carry usage? It should.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Norway

I have a friend in Norway who doesn't live in Oslo but haven't heard from her yet. It's really not funny to joke about who was behind the shooting many families will be impacted for life. How would you feel if it was one of your own and people made replies like I've seen in this thread?

I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

canleakid
07-23-2011, 08:22 AM
a 32-year-old Norwegian Christian, leaning toward right-wing Christianity
is the prime suspect so far 97 dead :( . Might be an other Timethy McVeigh type who had "a calling" bet he will tell the world God (his God) told him to do it !!!!!!!!

Robert Goren
07-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Fox News on Fox and Friends reported that He had posted anti Islamic comments on Christian web sites. Despite early speculation that it might be radical Islamic Terrorism, this appears to be more Oklahoma City than Twin Towers.

canleakid
07-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Fox News on Fox and Friends reported that He had posted anti Islamic comments on Christian web sites. Despite early speculation that it might be radical Islamic Terrorism, this appears to be more Oklahoma City than Twin Towers.

When the OKC bombing hit the news, our office was listening to our local Rush wanabee, who said we should go and bomb them all, when asked who "them all" were he said you know :confused: , then the National News took over the air, and the first "eye witness" said she was a God fearing Christian :liar: , who said "but we need to go over there and kill their women and childern :eek: like they did ours", she said saw 4 to 5 "dark skins" running away from the building and they all had on the same "uniform". Well the guys running were members of a local track team that worked out everyday in that area, and yes they did all have on the same "uniform" aka warm up suits with school colors. Will we ever learn :bang:

Robert Goren
07-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I remember thinking just after OK city, it might be Muslims because of the first world trade center bombing. It never dawn on me that it could be right wing nuts because it had never happened before. We should know better now. Radical Islamic terrorist are still the main threat, but they are not the only threat.

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2011, 06:16 PM
So is this ONE guy responsible for the bombings and the shootings? I admit to not following the story. Thought I'd ask here.

Rookies
07-23-2011, 06:22 PM
So is this ONE guy responsible for the bombings and the shootings? I admit to not following the story. Thought I'd ask here.

THAT part is unknown, PA.

Whether he was a lone right wing kook or affiliated with a group- not known yet. What is known is that he targetted children of the Left Wing Government Labour Party by his actions- to murder them and apparently Gov offices in some sort of insane protest against the government.

ArlJim78
07-23-2011, 06:23 PM
some witness accounts have mentioned seeing another man on the island, but it seems unconfirmed as of now.

Ocala Mike
07-23-2011, 06:34 PM
... he targetted children of the Left Wing Government Labour Party by his actions- to murder them and apparently Gov offices in some sort of insane protest against the government.

So not only did Savage have it wrong Friday night with his knee-jerk assessment that the perp was a Muslim or a Muslim agent, it turns out the guy may read out of the same play book as Savage. You can't make this stuff up! I bet the Monday night show will be a rebroadcast or he'll have a fill-in host. Guess I know why he was banned in Britain.

Ocala Mike

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2011, 06:58 PM
So not only did Savage have it wrong Friday night with his knee-jerk assessment that the perp was a Muslim or a Muslim agent, it turns out the guy may read out of the same play book as Savage. Being that he's from Norway, how could that even possibly be true?

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2011, 07:00 PM
THAT part is unknown, PA.

Whether he was a lone right wing kook or affiliated with a group- not known yet. What is known is that he targetted children of the Left Wing Government Labour Party by his actions- to murder them and apparently Gov offices in some sort of insane protest against the government.Is it possible the bombings were done by a completely DIFFERENT and UNAFFILIATED party from this madman, and he simply TOOK ADVANTAGE of what was happening to bring forth his own brand of insanity?

It's not like a guy with a gun takes a helluva lot of advance planning.

Native Texan III
07-23-2011, 07:10 PM
"Police detained a tall, blond suspect, named by local media as Anders Behring Breivik, and charged him for the killing spree and the bombing of government buildings in Oslo.

He was identified by police as a 32-year-old Norwegian. Police say he is also responsible for the shooting at a youth camp on the small, wooded island of Utoeya in a lake northwest of Oslo on Friday. "

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/europe/police-charge-32-year-old-norwegian-man-in-norway-attacks/article2107556/

Ocala Mike
07-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Being that he's from Norway, how could that even possibly be true?

Figuratively, not literally, PA. Don't mean to suggest that the Norwegian is a follower or anything, just that his motivation seems to have been ANTI-the left wing Norwegian government and its assimilation of Muslim immigrants. This does not fit into what Savage was railing about Friday night.

Ocala Mike

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2011, 07:15 PM
I wonder how they know already that he was responsible for both.

And isn't it VERY interesting how the media in this country is so QUICK to publish his identity, photo, AND political leanings so VIVIDLY...

It's so amazing compared to when a person of the Muslim faith commits an act of terror. You basically have to BEAT IT OUT OF THE MEDIA what the man's name is and what his religious and political background is...it usually takes a DAY OR TWO...

But when it's some right wing white dude, hell, MSNBC puts it RIGHT IN THE HEADLINE!!

At least 85 dead in Norway youth camp attack
Premier says 'my youth paradise' has turned into 'hell'; police say suspect's website indicates he was a right-wing, Christian fundamentalist

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43854355/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

I find this kind of thing fascinating...how differently similar events are reported based on whether or not the suspect is White/European/Right Wing or Brown/Middle Eastern/Islamic Extremist

JustRalph
07-23-2011, 07:22 PM
damn blue eyed white guys!!!

They are always the worst Terrorists!

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Seriously, have you EVER seen a picture THAT LARGE and THAT VIVID of a suspected terrorist plastered everywhere on MSNBC?

Check out that link I posted...

He looks a little like that Julian Assange guy, doesn't he?

Ocala Mike
07-23-2011, 08:04 PM
He looks like a poster boy for the Aryan race out of Germany in the 30's and 40's. Savage did make some points about "collective guilt" of the Norwegian people vis-a-vis their Quisling government during the war that were interesting.

Ocala Mike

ArlJim78
07-23-2011, 08:37 PM
oh this guy is a piece of work.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=no&tl=en&u=http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks/gjerningsmannen-la-ut-video-og-manifest-paa-nettet-3545104.html

JustRalph
07-23-2011, 08:42 PM
oh this guy is a piece of work.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=no&tl=en&u=http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks/gjerningsmannen-la-ut-video-og-manifest-paa-nettet-3545104.html

Glad those gun laws worked so well........

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00896/Breivik_youtube_896235i.jpg

Looks like this guy was going to do some damage, no matter what. What a devious bastard to attack kids.

chickenhead
07-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Is it possible the bombings were done by a completely DIFFERENT and UNAFFILIATED party from this madman, and he simply TOOK ADVANTAGE of what was happening to bring forth his own brand of insanity?

It's not like a guy with a gun takes a helluva lot of advance planning.

He apparently ordered and took possession of several tons of fertilizer a few months ago. Apparently he's also written a 1500 page book, his manifesto. Not something I'll be reading but apparently its out there online.

JustRalph
07-23-2011, 09:24 PM
"Gun violence is rare in Norway, where the average policeman patrolling in the streets doesn't carry a firearm. Reports that the assailant was motivated by political ideology were shocking to many Norwegians, who pride themselves on the openness of their society. Indeed, Norway is almost synonymous with the kind of free expression being exercised by the youth at the political retreat."

http://news.yahoo.com/norway-police-arrive-90-minutes-firing-began-205033309.html

hcap
07-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Not only did M.Savage assume evil Muslims.
(implicating all Muslims), but it seems this type of mentality is all around us.

Opening posts here.

1-DJofSD : Oslo bombing - take a wild guess

2-rastajenk: Amish?

3-ArlJim78: militant Quakers?

4-Mike at A+: I'm sure Obama is in the White House praying that it is some right wing Christian terror group that worships Glenn Beck and Fox News.

5-Tom: The Mennonite Menace?

6-woodtoo: Damn jihadi's ,religion of pieces

And then PA thinks the evil left wing media conspiracy is too quick to point out he was an extremist from the right.

Go figure?

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2011, 03:49 AM
And then PA thinks the evil left wing media conspiracy is too quick to point out he was an extremist from the right.You're claiming I'm WRONG?

Come on man. How long did it take the media to reveal all there was to know about the Fort Hood shooter? That's but one example.

This guy? Almost PAGE HIGH glossy PHOTOS of his mug and attire...HEADLINES proclaiming his "right-wingedness" and religious leanings...

Give me a break hcap.

I guess you were saddened to see I wasn't one of the ones jumping the gun, but you had to include me in that list somehow...but I think you are way off base here.

The pattern is clear as far as the media goes, especially sites like MSN/BC

hcap
07-24-2011, 04:20 AM
MSNBC?
Drudge at this moment.......

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/FFIDES3BCkWI6XggR.4TTA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD02MDA7cT04NTt3PTQ5NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/a58852776e2cca10f30e6a70670059e2.jpg

DEATH TOLL RISES TO 92 IN NORWAY ATTACKS...
Survivors recount how cold-blooded killer stalked them...

Suspect 32-year-old Norwegian, not Muslim...

WIRE: Opposed 'the spread of Islam'...

Cops took 90 minutes to respond...

Oslo becomes Oklahoma City...

Wasn't On Police Radar...

TELEGRAPH LIVE...

GUARDIAN LIVE...

VG NORWAY...

The media is the media. PA off topic is PA off topic and has a distinct Islamophobic slant.

And yes you waited until you could blame the left wing media, before you said much. You could have said "Hey guys, don't you think it is premature to start with the Islamophobia? How about holding off on the religion of peace comments?"

Then again it is a free forum and I am rarely surprised by the direction it takes. Predictable bias by the right wing contingent.

And you think I blame Bush too much :bang:

Glad to see though that the facts did halt the innuendos. I guess there is some hope.

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2011, 04:23 AM
Again, you're claiming I'm WRONG?

Aren't we constantly told in the media "not to rush to judgement" when someone of Middle Eastern descent is implicated in things like this?

But uh oh...when it's a white guy who happens to be "right-wing" (whatever that means in Norway), let's make sure we have plenty of towering GLAMOUR SHOTS to display, and let's make sure we work "RIGHT WING" and "CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTALIST" into the HEADLINES... :rolleyes:

hcap
07-24-2011, 04:47 AM
I am not defending MSNBC, but you have nitpicked at a minor blemish (particularly considering Faux/Drudge/Savage), whereas the larger issue is the casting of ALL people of a particular faith as evildoers (to use a colorful Bushism)

If PA off topic is not a bit more careful in casting aspersions, it might be something like this soon.....

The blinding waves of brown particles, the most recent of which hit Phoenix on Monday, are caused by thunderstorms that emit gusts of wind, roiling the desert landscape. Use of the term “haboob,” which is what such storms have long been called in the Middle East, has rubbed some Arizona residents the wrong way.

“I am insulted that local TV news crews are now calling this kind of storm a haboob,” Don Yonts, a resident of Gilbert, Ariz., wrote to The Arizona Republic after a particularly fierce, mile-high dust storm swept through the state on July 5. “How do they think our soldiers feel coming back to Arizona and hearing some Middle Eastern term?"

rastajenk
07-24-2011, 06:24 AM
I didn't rush to judgment when I made the second post in this thread. I had already read that an Islamic group was taking credit for the bombing. Where that came from seems to have already been shoved down the memory hole, but it wasn't me just thinking, "Oh, that damn ragheads again."

Canarsie
07-24-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm not getting into this discussion but will say far too many people have died defending the right to have an opinion and express it here. What happened doesn't matter whether its left, center, or right far too many people have had their lives cut short.

One person PM me and apologized for one of those accusation responses and I wrote back "it's ok I don't think anyone on here has deliberately shown any malice".

Here's what my friend wrote (in Norwegian had to translate) take a deep breath and read it please.

Thank you Mac. All the land is in shock right now. It is absolutely ghastly everything together. terrible sad

Do you really think she is thinking what part of the political landscape did this? She has a beautiful 9 year old niece only one can imagine what was going through her thoughts when it was reported.

Now to get a little off topic please take eight minutes or so and watch this and how it shows that good can come out of tragedy. He is my MVP and I'm a huge Red Sox fan. I would like to hear from any dissenters that it was a waste of time watching it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6784547

chickenhead
07-24-2011, 08:01 AM
this guy set up his Facebook page with a selection of full page glossy photos specifically for the media. This guy wants to be famous, I'm sure he considers himself a hero and expects to be treated as such. Thats where the book, the videos, and the high resolution photo montage comes in.

Usually it takes a bit longer to get photos of people because they havent prepped their own media relations package and made sure every media company could find it so easily in advance. I'd expect in this day and age for this to become the new normal, at least for particular kinds of sociopaths.

Robert Goren
07-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Actually I think this story is not getting the kind of coverage that it should. Compare it to the London subway story of a few years ago. That was Islamic Terrorisr and it was wall to wall for days. Yesterday whenever I tried to get an update on one news networks, I kept running into some no name congressman from backwoods district giving his take on the debt crisis.(there seemed to an equal number from both parties). 92 dead, 97 injured and bunch more are missing and we discussing whether a picture taken from this nut web site should or should not be shown on TV or how often.

Valuist
07-24-2011, 09:21 AM
So did you hear the MAXIUMUM sentence this guy could get for killing over 90 people??? 21 years. That is hard to believe a sentence could be anywhere near that light. He'll be out at age 53.

elysiantraveller
07-24-2011, 09:27 AM
The gun isn't a assault rifle (at least by our definition)... It looks like a M-1 or M-14 with a lot of shit on it.

DJofSD
07-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Not only did M.Savage assume evil Muslims.
(implicating all Muslims), but it seems this type of mentality is all around us.

Opening posts here.

hcap - "F" you. Strong message to follow.

How you can read prejudice into a deliberately open "take a wild guess" amazes me. You just like a women which thinks she can read minds.

hcap
07-24-2011, 11:21 AM
hcap - "F" you. Strong message to follow.

How you can read prejudice into a deliberately open "take a wild guess" amazes me. You just like a women which thinks she can read minds.The only thing strong here is "F" you.

You and the other early Islamophobic posters on this thread made your feelings quite obvious.

But facts are a bitch and when the shooter turns out to be a right wing crazy and anti-Semite you canbed the prejudicial winks and nods as though you gentlemen (of course you weren't :cool: ) never were going to "wild guess" it was the sneaky MUSLIMS evildoers.

Gimme a break

DJofSD
07-24-2011, 11:48 AM
hcap, you like to sit in judgement of everybody on this board especially those of opposing political leanings. What gives you that right? You are about as intolerant a person I think I have every come across.

hcap
07-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Gee if I were to take a wild guess, I would think
"amazing deflection, and he is serious."

dav4463
07-24-2011, 01:02 PM
How does one psycho who is not Islamic make up for the hundreds and hundreds of terrorist acts carried out by Islamic radicals?

It isn't a bad thing to be an "Islamaphobe". You are right 99% of the time.

Rookies
07-24-2011, 01:05 PM
this guy set up his Facebook page with a selection of full page glossy photos specifically for the media. This guy wants to be famous, I'm sure he considers himself a hero and expects to be treated as such. Thats where the book, the videos, and the high resolution photo montage comes in.

Usually it takes a bit longer to get photos of people because they havent prepped their own media relations package and made sure every media company could find it so easily in advance. I'd expect in this day and age for this to become the new normal, at least for particular kinds of sociopaths.

I believe you're quite correct here. More and more whackos, poisoned by their internal beliefs and who turn into stone dead killers of the innocent, will be playing up their personna and agenda(s) on the social media sites. Nobody anymore, needs to leave a tortured multi page expository in scrawled handwriting, when they can leave an HD profile on their own page, blog or website.

A terrible trend to come.:mad:

Robert Goren
07-24-2011, 01:22 PM
How does one psycho who is not Islamic make up for the hundreds and hundreds of terrorist acts carried out by Islamic radicals?

It isn't a bad thing to be an "Islamaphobe". You are right 99% of the time. Not quite that high but still well over 50%. but as this attack proves they are not the only ones. What makes you really wonder is that the internet is filled with web pages very similar to this nut's.

Ocala Mike
07-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Weiner/Savage can't miss. If and when he goes on the air again, all he has to do is deflect the Anti-Islamic rant to an Anti-permissive society rant, and all his sycophants will get the "tingle up the leg." It's an "I told you so" spin either way.

Incidentally, when did Norway become such a pacifist society? What happened to the land of the Vikings while we weren't looking? Did ALL of them move to Minnesota?

Ocala Mike

canleakid
07-24-2011, 04:52 PM
"Breivik's lawyer says his client admits his actions, but feels that "what he has done does not deserve punishment." :confused: The killer of at least 93 people in Norway sees himself as a righteous crusader on a mission to save European "Christendom" from a tide of Islam.

The order is to serve as an armed Indigenous Rights Organization and as a Crusader Movement (anti-Jihad movement)," writes Breivik, 32, now in police custody on terrorism charges.

Guess whackos come in all colors, and religions !!!!!!!!

Rookies
07-24-2011, 07:13 PM
"Breivik's lawyer says his client admits his actions, but feels that "what he has done does not deserve punishment." :confused: The killer of at least 93 people in Norway sees himself as a righteous crusader on a mission to save European "Christendom" from a tide of Islam.

The order is to serve as an armed Indigenous Rights Organization and as a Crusader Movement (anti-Jihad movement)," writes Breivik, 32, now in police custody on terrorism charges.

Guess whackos come in all colors, and religions !!!!!!!!

Indeed, they do.

You can just see this murderous scum holed up in his mother's basement, blasting the Horst Wessel song 24-7 on a 78 of his Blaupunkt/Victrola, in front of his little April 20 shrine.

Rot in hell you Aryan bastard!

Tom
07-24-2011, 07:44 PM
So hcap, if one were to just assume any given terror attack were muslim-orgintated, they would be correct most of the time.

That is not a reflection on us who think that, but on the muslim world, who either committ the acts or tolerate them.

Worrying about hurting the feelings of the alleged "good muslims" is not anywhere on my bucket list.

canleakid
07-24-2011, 11:28 PM
And now security around mosques and Muslim centers will be tighten !!!! due to the Norway tragedy!!!!!!

toetoe
07-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Guess I know why he was banned in Britain.

Ocala Mike

C'mon, dude. Seriously, the only time you think about his banishment is when he makes an ass of himself ? Now you're implying the banishment is just ?

Forget whether he's Nancy Grace all day, every day --- should he be banned ?

toetoe
07-25-2011, 01:27 AM
... evil Muslims.

To:
Hcap, Inspector General, Until-There's-A-Cure Thought Police Militia

Toetoe, White Male Racist Not On Board

Re: First Line. The pleonasm is forgiven

Re: Second line. You sure did take a wild one. Just please tell me what it means, as I don't have the mindreading gift.

cj's dad
07-25-2011, 08:15 AM
My first thought when I heard of the attacks in Norway was that somehow a muslim extremist was involved. I guess that makes me an Islamaphobe ? Guess what, I don't care. Maybe the 200 terrorist attacks (in the link below) carried out by muslims worldwide in the name of allah has caused me to jump to conclusions.

from the article:

Feb. 23, 1998 (Published) - A Statement signed by many Islamic Jihad Leaders from most Muslim countries, first by Sheikh Osamah Bin-Ladin: “…In compliance with God’s order, we issue the following fatwa to all Muslims:
The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies–civilians and military–is an individual duty for every Muslim who can, in any country in which it is possible… We — with Allah’s help — call on every Muslim who believes in God and wishes to be rewarded, to comply with Allah’s order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. Unless you go forth, Allah will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place.”

Link:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1993321/posts

cj's dad
07-25-2011, 10:29 AM
more reasons why we suspect muslims first:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/07/muslim-causes-diversion-of-flight-abusing-flight-crew-kicking-and-spitting-at-pasengers.html

http://wireupdate.com/wires/18994/taliban-hang-8-year-old-boy-in-southern-afghanistan/

cj's dad
07-25-2011, 10:33 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/23/police-alleged-norwegian-mass-murderer-faces-just-21-years-in-prison/

GameTheory
07-25-2011, 11:25 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/23/police-alleged-norwegian-mass-murderer-faces-just-21-years-in-prison/I was just about to post on that -- for the two charges of *terrorist bombing* and *mass shooting* he faces a whopping 21 years?!

I did read there is a loophole -- if deemed to be a future threat after 21 years he can basically be detained indefinitely, but still, what the hell?

Valuist
07-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I've noticed "Aryan" being used in this thread several times. One could argue that the use of it is racism in and of itself.

Robert Goren
07-26-2011, 03:26 PM
I will say I suspected Islamic terrorist first. I should have known better. Basically there are two types of terrorist who do this stuff today. Islamic terrorists and violent Crazies. These days the violent crazies seem to drawn to the Right for whatever reason. It was not always so . From the 60s to the fall of the Berlin wall, they were drawn toward the Left. In another 20 or 30 years they will probably swing back to the left. Whether they are drawn to the Left or the Right, they are always going to be with us and we should not be so quick to assume that any act of terrorism is not one of their acts. Heaven knows we see enough of it, whether it be an attack on the Holocaust museum in DC or the slaughter at a congressman's rally in Arizona or this attack. Then there are the nuts with no political connections like the Virginia Tech murder spree.

Native Texan III
07-26-2011, 06:46 PM
All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t
Extreme Righties are a relatively new revived phenomenon (since the 1930's)

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/

Robert Fischer
07-26-2011, 07:04 PM
terrorism is an everyday part of many power struggles

luckily we have euphemisms and alternate words to use when we are the good guys. "Terrorism" is when bad people use terror and/or fear.

any one who is bad can be a terrorist if they use those methods. It doesn't matter who a bunch of people thought were the bad guys this time. If you keep watching the news, they will tell you who the bad guys are.

Native Texan III
07-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Beck: Norway camp smacks of 'Hitler Youth

(A real madman at work - doing what he does best.)

In the wake of last week's massacre in Norway, U.S. conservative commentator Glenn Beck on Monday compared the summer camp where most of the 76 victims died to the Hitler Youth organization of Nazi Germany.
Beck, on his radio show, declared the killings "the work of a madman" and called the suspect "as bad as Osama bin Laden." But before launching into that condemnation, he questioned what the victims were doing at a summer camp run by Norway's ruling Labour Party.
Beck said the camp "sounds a little like, you know, the Hitler Youth or whatever. Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing."
However, politically-oriented camps are being organized in several U.S. states by chapters of the "9/12 Project" -- an organization founded by Beck himself in 2009.
The Colorado 9/12 Project hosted a "Patriot Camp" for kids in grades 1-5 earlier this month, featuring programs on "our Constitution, the Founding Fathers, and the values and principles that are the cornerstones of our nation."

http://us.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/25/beck.norway/index.html?hpt=hp_t2