PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Count Del Mar Thoroughbred Club CEO Joe Harper as a fan for lower takeouts!

andymays
07-21-2011, 11:04 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/20/del-mar-has-been-good-zucker/

Count Del Mar Thoroughbred Club chief executive officer Joe Harper as a fan for lower takeouts for bets like two-horse exactas and multi-horse bets like superfectas. “I would like to lower it,” he said. “And I have some partners in this game who want to do the same. We’ve had some discussions. I think it’s high.”

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Igeteven
07-22-2011, 12:49 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/20/del-mar-has-been-good-zucker/

Count Del Mar Thoroughbred Club chief executive officer Joe Harper as a fan for lower takeouts for bets like two-horse exactas and multi-horse bets like superfectas. “I would like to lower it,” he said. “And I have some partners in this game who want to do the same. We’ve had some discussions. I think it’s high.”

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Andy, I hope all the race tracks feel the same way, however, the TOC?

Igeteven
07-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Andy, I hope all the race tracks feel the same way, however, the TOC?

What I have seen is this, race track management lies to people in California,

takeout
07-22-2011, 06:54 AM
What I have seen is this, race track management lies to people in California,And elsewhere. ;) I’ll believe it when I see it.

Canarsie
07-22-2011, 07:34 AM
And elsewhere. ;) I’ll believe it when I see it.

I would be a skeptic also but the BOYCOTT obviously has a HUGE impact.

This is a way to backpedal and save face and get some of their client base back. It's fairly obvious in any business a certain percentage will never return. If they implement it they can cut their losses short regarding their fan base. My hunch is a lot of people who used to play California fell in love with Tampa this winter. Probably lose a lesser percentage to the Spa.

When people start calling for the boycott to END (especially if it serves their own finances first) a simpleton would summize that which side has the decided advantage.

A big thanks to Andy and Roger I haven't played a cent although I have to admit to downloading the Delmar charts and quick sheets for reading purposes only.

Great job guys it's a thankless job but I say

THANK YOU

andymays
07-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Appreciate the good words Canarsie. You would have to add Barry Meadow and Jeff Platt to the group. Caroline has also attended one meeting and made some great contributions. Even Igeteven attended one meeting earlier in the year.

Joe Harper is guy with a lot of great stories about Horse Racing. Jeff and I had the good fortune of having breakfast with him and along with a couple of other Execs from Del Mar. It went well and as you can tell from his comments he is a very reasonable guy who tries to listen Horseplayers. His statement about takeout is probably the strongest statement I've seen from a CEO of a major Track in favor of Horseplayers.

Right now all three tracks are in favor of adjusting the takeout rates. The TOC is still resisting but there is hope that they will compromise.

Thanks for the support.

Charli125
07-22-2011, 11:20 AM
What I have seen is this, race track management lies to people in California,

Agreed. I've heard this kind of refreshing thinking several times, but I've yet to see action. Once there is action, I'll applaud them. Until then, I remain cautiously optimistic.

It's a tough spot to be in with the TOC being so powerful, but one of these tracks needs to step up and play hardball with the TOC.

Canarsie
07-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Appreciate the good words Canarsie. You would have to add Barry Meadow and Jeff Platt to the group. Caroline has also attended one meeting and made some great contributions. Even Igeteven attended one meeting earlier in the year.

Joe Harper is guy with a lot of great stories about Horse Racing. Jeff and I had the good fortune of having breakfast with him and along with a couple of other Execs from Del Mar. It went well and as you can tell from his comments he is a very reasonable guy who tries to listen Horseplayers. His statement about takeout is probably the strongest statement I've seen from a CEO of a major Track in favor of Horseplayers.

Right now all three tracks are in favor of adjusting the takeout rates. The TOC is still resisting but there is hope that they will compromise.

Thanks for the support.

Any word about what's going on with the rival group?

Igeteven
07-22-2011, 12:32 PM
ok, even if they get there reduction in take out, who is going to play here,

short fields, betting menu, jockey races , just play the pick 6 when there is a carryover,

That's all this state is worth

As I always say, you will win a battle but lose the war.

They have dump on the players for years and years, so fair, what the hell have them done,

Sounds like the Korean War and their peace plan :lol: :lol: :lol:

andymays
07-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Any word about what's going on with the rival group?

They're doing well. I'd make it 1-1 that they will gain power.

Igeteven
07-22-2011, 01:40 PM
They're doing well. I'd make it 1-1 that they will gain power.

I hope so Andy, for your sake and Rogers sake, if not, all this has been in Vain.

If not, they have put the final nail in the coffin for the player. Then only a fool will play cal racing,

andymays
07-22-2011, 02:07 PM
At Hollywood Park a low takeout P5 was introduced and it has been very successful not only at Hollywood Park but now Del Mar is kicking butt with it. This didn’t come easy and it took some fighting from Jack Liebau to get it done. He even let the TOC shake him down by taking a bigger cut of the takeout in order to please Horseplayers. Hollywood Park deserves a lot of credit.

Now we have Del Mar who in addition to adding the low takeout P5 has also seeded the P6 with 50k of dead money on Sundays. This is another huge step forward.

Yesterday Joe Harper made one of the strongest statements in support of lower takeout that I have seen for any Track CEO. When he mentions that he has “partners’ he is referring to us and the three other Tracks. This is huge news and a result of all the hard work by Jeff, Roger, Barry Meadow and Caroline along with the other people on this list who have helped.

Igeteven
07-22-2011, 09:10 PM
At Hollywood Park a low takeout P5 was introduced and it has been very successful not only at Hollywood Park but now Del Mar is kicking butt with it. This didn’t come easy and it took some fighting from Jack Liebau to get it done. He even let the TOC shake him down by taking a bigger cut of the takeout in order to please Horseplayers. Hollywood Park deserves a lot of credit.

Now we have Del Mar who in addition to adding the low takeout P5 has also seeded the P6 with 50k of dead money on Sundays. This is another huge step forward.

Yesterday Joe Harper made one of the strongest statements in support of lower takeout that I have seen for any Track CEO. When he mentions that he has “partners’ he is referring to us and the three other Tracks. This is huge news and a result of all the hard work by Jeff, Roger, Barry Meadow and Caroline along with the other people on this list who have helped.

Overall the handle was down around 50 million, who was it so successful for?

The players went east.

Right now, Del Mar is taking a bath, you need to hurry up

jelly
07-22-2011, 09:25 PM
The pk 5 was successful.

jelly
07-22-2011, 09:28 PM

I think the money would be better used if they had NO takeout in the late
pk 3 and pk4 on Sundays.

Igeteven
07-23-2011, 01:04 AM
The pk 5 was successful.

yes for the player, however, they made no money, they were just turning dollars.