PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find it difficult today with AE and MTO's

pktruckdriver
07-21-2011, 09:10 PM
It seems that there are so many MTO's and AE in the line up at the Spa , that capping until noontime the day of the race is almost ridiculous.

Whatever happened to the good old days of sitting down night before or early morning and cap your races and go, not anymore, that's for sure.

I guess with Wi-Fi and IPAD's and such for some it is no problem, but for those wishing to go to the track a little earlier than 1230 pm or so, as NYRA can be pretty late sometimes with their changes, wonder why??

Just wanted to mention this, as it is not just NYRA with the AE 's and MTO's either.

patrick

TheGhostOfOscarB
07-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Sorry, no sympathy here.

I handicapped 14 X 6 AE cards (10 or more like that) in Fla back in the day, when entries came out only the day before.

Ocala Mike
07-21-2011, 11:28 PM
No sympathy here, either. The AE's and MTO's are an absolute necessity at Saratoga, which is often the scene of some horrendous thunderstorm activity at this time of year. I seem to recall whole meetings, albeit of the 24-racing day variety back in the day, where it seemed to rain almost every card. Be thankful for the full fields (before scratches) tomorrow, and let's hope there are no heat-related incidents.

Ocala Mike

cnollfan
07-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I understand why they do it so I'm not complaining, but my weekend style has become handicapping the Midwest and West Coast tracks first and saving the East Coast tracks, NYRA in particular, until after the scratches are announced.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-23-2011, 11:46 PM
No problems here, I'm used to having to handicap them all, and then making comments for them all - a pain when there are many like that and they don't end up racing, but it come with the territory.

For your own handicapping, you may want to initially skip the MTOs and maybe the AE's, until you know the status of the turf races and the scratches, and then handicap just those that are made the race later (but be sure to do that). Plus, if the race goes off the turf, then your turf handicapping won't apply, and you'll either want to rehandicap the whole race for the dirt, or just pass the race.

Just some thoughts if you're pressed for time in handicapping the whole card.