PDA

View Full Version : Pro Caps

JimL
11-14-2003, 07:30 PM
I read alot about how economical it is using the pro caps data files however I cant find any posts about the program itself. Any forum member ever use it? What did you think? JimL

JimL
11-14-2003, 08:45 PM
I believe I have found the answer to my own post. I assume Procaps is the TSN version of Multi Caps. If that is the case it is a very impressive looking program. JimL

BillW
11-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by JimL
I believe I have found the answer to my own post. I assume Procaps is the TSN version of Multi Caps. If that is the case it is a very impressive looking program. JimL

JimL,

You are right, they are the same.

Bill

COUGAR
11-15-2003, 08:38 AM
JimL,
Yes, that is correct, but tsn's price tag of 59.95 per month is quite nice. The program spits out very attractive pace type numbers, but the database is useless. Dont wast your time with that unless you have no other DB utility.

Cougar

sq764
11-22-2003, 02:22 AM
I have played with procaps and found that it works well at big tracks (Bel/Aqu/Holly, etc) and not so well at others..

JimL
11-22-2003, 01:00 PM
SQ764, I downloaded the program out of curiosity and was rather surprized to see ratings I am very familiar with, TPR, and velocity. I have been testing it and am pleased with the results so far. You are right it does seem to perform better at major tracks. I probably need to improve my pace line selection skills at minor ovals. Cougar, what problem did you have with the data base? Have not used that yet. JimL

sq764
11-22-2003, 01:49 PM
What do you currently use for pacelines? I haven't toyed with it yet..

Maybe its just that the default pacelines are better suited for the major tracks and must be tweaked for the small ones..

JimL
11-22-2003, 06:25 PM
I have it set at best race three back however I use the change paceline function alot. By doing this I feel I am in control not the program. I miss some 3.60 horses this way but who cares. Let me know how you are doing if you start using the program again and thanks for the reply. JimL

COUGAR
11-23-2003, 08:15 AM
JIML...

Its not that i had a problem with the DB, i have not. I just dont like the DB. It is slow entering and it only records so much. It keeps track of the top 3 and thats it, and when it comes to deleting its all or nothing I am just used to DB's that can do so much more i guess i am just spoiled...

sq764
11-23-2003, 06:35 PM
What do you mean 'entering'?

Doesn't it use the $.25 exotic results files?

COUGAR
11-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Yes.. you are right. I was just talking about putting the data in the database. If you use the database feature you must select that option and transfer first the entries and then the results... It just takes time and thats ok. I just use a different DB so its not worth the extra time for me.