PDA

View Full Version : Its not a Win.....But!

CryingForTheHorses
07-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Working on the backside all my life,working my ass off for differant trainers over the years worked up to be a trainer.Today in Calder's 5th race I had my 100th second for my lifetime record spaning from 1972 to getting my trainers in the summer of 1982.While many of you will think not a big deal..It is to me,If you have seen all the queen-anne legged horses and the injuries most of my horse have had and come back to win.The horse today fractured his cannon bone last year and is slowly coming around with his 2nd today.With almost 40ys in the business with no positives or rulings,I think I am an ambassador to the injured horse..1065-87 100-121...May not be the stats of a supertrainer but I do wonder if they would be supertrainers with the stock I have had.

thaskalos
07-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Working on the backside all my life,working my ass off for differant trainers over the years worked up to be a trainer.Today in Calder's 5th race I had my 100th second for my lifetime record spaning from 1972 to getting my trainers in the summer of 1982.While many of you will think not a big deal..It is to me,If you have seen all the queen-anne legged horses and the injuries most of my horse have had and come back to win.The horse today fractured his cannon bone last year and is slowly coming around with his 2nd today.With almost 40ys in the business with no positives or rulings,I think I am an ambassador to the injured horse..1065-87 100-121...May not be the stats of a supertrainer but I do wonder if they would be supertrainers with the stock I have had.
Almost 40 years in the game...and no positives or rulings?

Not only are you an ambassador for the injured horse, my friend...you are also a great ambassador for the GAME!

Congratulations on your achievement...and I wish you great success in the future.

Dave Schwartz
07-21-2011, 06:32 PM
McSchell,

Congratulations!

It is a pleasure having your company on this forum!

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

ALL CIRCUITS GO
07-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Congratulations on your achievement and your clean record. How come we don't see any write ups about guys like you? Keep up the good work..

ACG
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::T hmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

onefast99
07-21-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm loving it! Now I need to send you a 3 year old........Great accomplishment you really do "try harder".

Robert Fischer
07-21-2011, 06:55 PM
wow a clean record over 1000 races??
!!!
Awesome.

congrats on 100 seconds, and looking forward to 100 wins!

Si2see
07-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Tom and Lisa deserve more horses, and top quality ones at that. Tom is the most honest trainer I have ever met in my life. Way to go guys !!!

lamboguy
07-21-2011, 07:44 PM
congradulations on your good day today. there is no place better in america than calder in march to get babies ready to race. i am keeping that in mind for next year with you.

jelly
07-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Nice job :ThmbUp:

mistergee
07-21-2011, 07:51 PM
way to go sir, what do you like to look for when you are claiming a horse, do you like mostly claiming older males?

Si2see
07-21-2011, 07:52 PM
way to go sir, what do you like to look for when you are claiming a horse, do you like mostly claiming older males?

5 out of 6 Win photo's on my wall are older males Tom claimed for me.

Skanoochies
07-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Nice going Tom. I thought I read somewhere that you are from Canada, is this right? And from where? Keep up the good work. :ThmbUp:

HoofedInTheChest
07-21-2011, 09:32 PM

From one Torontonian to another, you sir are nothing but class and it doesn't surprise me coming from a Canadian. Would love to sit down with you one day and here all the stories of the old Woodbine(Greenwood) and the glory days of thoroughbred racing in Toronto. I hope you hit 100 wins someday and it's refreshing to see someone with as much integrity as you in this day and age of lies and cheats........ well done my friend. :ThmbUp:

Cardus
07-21-2011, 09:34 PM

Who are the "supertrainers"?

PICSIX
07-21-2011, 09:45 PM

Keep it up Tom. I'm looking forward to having you as a trainer in the near future.

Mike

Simple Syrup
07-21-2011, 10:33 PM
5 out of 6 Win photo's on my wall are older males Tom claimed for me.

Congrats to both of you. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Pace Cap'n
07-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Who are the "supertrainers"?

Are you really that obtuse?

CryingForTheHorses
07-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys,I didnt write this to get pats on the back as the horses do the running..I just take care of them..Im just proud of the way he ran after all the drama he has been thu.Thanks again

Shelby
07-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Wow!!! Quite a milestone!!!

Congratulations!

stuball
07-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Congrats Tom and Lisa and all the horses that made this accomplishment
possible..if I were in a position to own some horses you would be on a very short list...another one I like is Tammy Domenosky at AP...

To know someone with integrity and honesty such as you display is an honor
that I do not take lightly..even though I only know you thru the internet...I
have monitored your horses and they do come in at a good price at times..
So Thanks for all your hard work. :jump: :jump: :jump:

Stuball

BetCrazyGirl
07-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Congratulations on your 100th second and also for never having any positives :jump:

Grits
07-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Wow!!! Quite a milestone!!!

Congratulations!

Indeed, very much so!!!;)

Relwob Owner
07-22-2011, 07:40 PM

I think supertrainers are the guys who follow the rules, do well and withstand the test of time. That makes you a supertrainer in my book and many congrats to you.

Si2see
07-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Congrats to both of you. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Thank you. The 6th one was actually a very classy filly Tom claimed for me and we won with, then sold for the same price we paid :ThmbUp:

LottaKash
07-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys,I didnt write this to get pats on the back as the horses do the running..I just take care of them..Im just proud of the way he ran after all the drama he has been thu.Thanks again

McSchell, pat on the back or not.....People around here like people like you....pat, pat....:jump:

best,